Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Just got recommended a band called Rolo Tomassi and I'm not sure how I feel

Extreme, yes, but I'll need to get used to the vocals.

Huh, that was different. The male vocalist looks like he should be in an indie rock band.

By the way, do you change your signature every week for AOTW?

Anyone heard the new Protest The Hero? Not really metal, but it's one of the best releases I've heard in a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekBlnRYa8XY

Good stuff, and they still spazz out and genrefuck  like they always have.

Just got recommended a band called Rolo Tomassi and I'm not sure how I feel

Extreme, yes, but I'll need to get used to the vocals.

I am completely okay with this.

I've been wanting to check out that band, is that a good album to start with? Or would you recommend a different one?

Honestly, Volition (that one) is pretty much just like anything they've ever done, but each song capitalizes on something different that they've always had. For sake of diversity and it pretty much showing what the band's all about, I'd say it's definitely a good starting point. You could check out Fortress for a bit more of a heavier sound or Scurrilous for a (slightly) more tame sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVWsiz65au0

• Brohoof 1

Holy crap, I listened to bits of songs from each of Protest the Hero's albums, and I'm pretty impressed. I'm currently listening to their first album, and I'm definitely liking it. I might have just found myself a new band to get into.

Edited by Champion RD92
  • Brohoof 1

Don't really have anything funny or clever to say so... here's some live metal performances

Just gave Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power another listen today, coincidentally. Phil's vocals seem a bit cooler after the first couple times.

Also, Warbringer's newest release. Not as dark as World's Torn Asunder, but still pretty thrashy.

I'm sorry I have such latent homosexual djentcore tendencies.

Also, this is pretty sweet. I'd followed these guys by a completely random Tumblr post about a year ago when it was just one guy trying to make a more classic-feeling technical death metal band. I'd say it's working pretty well for him.

Based heavily around volumes' Vahle, I recorded some heavy shiz for season 4.

This fandom needs more metal.

"Justice is lost, justice is raped, justice is gone..." just like our government