Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Why was this not mentioned?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7z0x_cGOKQ

Surgical Steel is the strongest reunion album I've ever heard. For going 17 years since recording anything, it sounds just like classic Carcass.

There's also this amazing album by Feared. Seriously, why hasn't anyone posted this here yet

So yeah just wanted to share that

Now THAT is music.

Oh god, definitely. Best track from an album in which people only remember the title track and "Run to the Hills".

Agreed. I, personally, think Number of the Beast is one of the most overrated metal albums of all time. (Next to Master of Puppets)

wow 

such metallica

much justice for all

wow

lol, my favorite Metallica album ^.^

(sorry for the stupid doge meme)

Nothing else needs to be said. It's my second favorite Metallica album, after Ride the Lightning

Edited by Woohoo
  • Brohoof 1

Nothing else needs to be said. It's my second favorite Metallica album, after Ride the Lightning

Ride the Lightning is probably like my 4th favorite Metallica album. ...And Justice For All, Master of Puppets, and Death Magnetic are my top 3. It's hard for me to rank them after that. I guess RtL is 4th just cause of Fade to Black. Plus, Call of Ktulu is pretty sick.

New Whitechapel teaser-thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho6jZJdtoCY

Honestly just sounds like chugga-chugga choo-choo trains and really fast vocals. Hmph.

What are some of you guys' metal AOTY contenders? Up there for me is the criminally unknown group Byzantine's reunion album, Deafheaven's Sunbather, The Ocean's Pelagial, Carcass' Surgical Steel, and Altered State by TesseracT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IRaPpkXlcQ

EDIT: Apparently Vince Neilstein of MetalSucks has some retardedly similar albums up on his. Great mind think alike, eh?

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

New Whitechapel teaser-thing.

Honestly just sounds like chugga-chugga choo-choo trains and really fast vocals. Hmph.

What are some of you guys' metal AOTY contenders? Up there for me is the criminally unknown group Byzantine's reunion album, Deafheaven's Sunbather, The Ocean's Pelagial, Carcass' Surgical Steel, and Altered State by TesseracT.

EDIT: Apparently Vince Neilstein of MetalSucks has some retardedly similar albums up on his. Great mind think alike, eh?

Had me lollin' at the CHUGGA CHUGGA part. I still listen to Whitechapel here and there. Traincore!

And yeah, Sunbather was really nice, even though people say it's overpraised.

Contenders for me, no real order:

- The Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us Is the Killer

- Fleshgod Apocalypse - Labyrinth

- The Devil Wears Prada - 8:18

- Mercenary - Through Our Darkest Days

- Hypocrisy - End of Disclosure

And yes, I shit you not, 8:18's my favourite *core album as of right now. Get on my level. #soscene

These guys are a really cool band. They're somewhere on that line of being like newer Job For A Cowboy that's in the vein of deathcore but still more of a technical death metal band.

Some people call it more of a modern death metal, and i think that it fits pretty well.

And yeah, Sunbather was really nice, even though people say it's overpraised.

I just love how they take traditional black metal and put a completely different spin/perspective on it while still having it be definitively black and definitively something more.

And yes, I shit you not, 8:18's my favourite *core album as of right now. Get on my level. #soscene

Devil Wears Prada, Fall of Troy, and Pierce The Veil are best scenecore bands. I have yet to listen to 8:18, but I def will~

T'is the season, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xMcMScOAJ0#t=16

Edited by Twiliscael

Surprisingly, from what I've seen on this thread, NO DEVIN TOWNSEND OR BEHEMOTH! Or As Blood Runs Black. Here's a song that everyone should enjoy! The whole family will love it! 

Also, some people might find the ridiculous amount of swearing offensive, so I'll put it in a spoiler

Edited by RaptorJesus
  • Brohoof 1

Surprisingly, from what I've seen on this thread, NO DEVIN TOWNSEND OR BEHEMOTH! Or As Blood Runs Black. Here's a song that everyone should enjoy! The whole family will love it!

+1 to Devin Townsend. Stripping Young Lad is my favourite pop-punk/nu-metal/rapcore band XDXD <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Faw4mj1Vfo

Praise to Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing, City, and Alien. And gotta love that A#6 crammed in there, and those lyrics. Way to go HevyDevy!

EDIT: Oh shit, just noticed your sig. Awesome horse-ified Townsend, man.

Edited by Railrunner

Anciients...

Check 'em out. They manage to combine death metal with Pink Floyd-esque clean sections all the while still sounding completely cohesive and together. Definitely something I'm looking forward to see more of in the future.

Mentioned all 3 of those bands at some point~

So what do you guys think of death 'n' roll? I've never been able to actually like it, because I always found it kinda silly and could never take it seriously. But I think it's kinda cute, in a metal way.