Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

I've spent nearly 240 hours of my life listening to Octavarium alone.

Actually, you've spent nearly 2400 minutes, which equates to around 40 hours, not 240. MATH. Anyways, I found this.

This... I don't know how to put it. 8-bit Trivium. WTF.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, you've spent nearly 2400 minutes, which equates to around 40 hours, not 240. MATH. Anyways, I found this.

This... I don't know how to put it. 8-bit Trivium. WTF.

Omg...

I feel like an idiot...

Thank you for correcting me, lol

I knew something felt off when I made that "connection."

Edited by tehAgg

I'm thinking that I've done this before, but if I haven't, oh well. It is both related to metal and ponies, so it's relevant.

If any of you guys are interested in a Facebook page that does both, go check us out. I'm the main admin, Metal Rush. :P

https://www.facebook.com/FriendshipIsMyBusiness

Oh, and a cool thing happened today. I found out that the jukebox at the billiards hall I go to weekly has Dream Theater and Iced Earth on it. Hell yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVEF2W2-eOA

Well, I just got the new Motionless in White album, 3 underground deathcore albums, the Vildhjarta discography and the entire Meshuggah discography, save Catch Thirty-Three. Oh, and I got like four new djent albums on top of that. Big day of dl'ing metal for me

NEW CD's YAY. So I've taken to the practice of buying physical CD's instead of digital download, when possible anyway. Some new babes I got in are Volumes' new-ish album "No Sleep" and The Contortionist's album "Language".

Here's a track I love from "No Sleep"

One of their "softer" songs in the album but it's so good! You can see my full "No Sleep" review here:

http://mlpforums.com/blog/1951/entry-13225-volumes-album-no-sleep-metal/

And from "Language"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZnoBtePDbY

Their "heaviest" song on the album kinda, but lest that deter you! I will make a review for this album soon.

I could post more song off of each album I love, but listening to them front to back is the real way to experience their glory.

Edited by VigilSerus
  • Brohoof 1

I'll post something a tad different than what most of you listen to as it seems. Folk metal band from Canada, another one that sings in Polsih about my country. Is there some crazy fad bout slvakian countries there?

I don't know about fads really, but I do know people in the metal scene up here go nuts for a band that can sing in other languages than just English. There's an appreciation for the amount of work it takes to learn multiple tongues, but to apply it to music is a whole other thing entirely.

On that note, I'll leave you with Arkona. A band out of Russia, who I saw play live at the Opera House in Toronto one year. They're as good on stage as they are in this video.

Hello, everypony Guess Who's back with a new fucking kickass album check out this song for details "THE DEVIL IN I "!

Yes, I'm a little late on this, but it kicks much ass.  I was hoping to make it to Knotfest this year, but the schedule isn't going to allow it, sadly.

ERRA  is pretty boss.  I enjoyed "Impulse" went it came out.  I listened to that album like non stop in 2012, haha.  

I've been digging Skyharbor's new album Evolution.  The titular song is crazy balls amazing, if prog-ambient-metal is your thing:

• Brohoof 1

Guys, Lugal Ki En has leaked. IT HAS BEEN LEAKED. Z2 is coming out soon, Attila have announced a new album in November, Slipknot 5 is out in around 10 days and I am squeeing over all of this. Here guys, have some Rings of Saturn to celebrate.

I couldn't be happier unless Periphery announced a date for Juggernaut, season 5 aired and Chelsea Grin came to where I live. Then, and only then, would I pass out from squeeing all over the place.

• Brohoof 1