Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

TFW you comment on a band's post and you end up in a conversation.

post-24966-0-94165600-1412842666_thumb.png

I came across these guys nearly 3 years ago. They only have one album. Apparently, they're a LOT smaller than I thought they were. Wow.

Edited by tehAgg

Another new Slipknot song I'm starting to believe the new album might actually be quite good. Especially with this and I'm now finding The Devil In Me a better song after a few listens. Sid and Craig actually got used in this new song for what must be the first time since about Iowa  :lol:

Well, I just listened to Slipknot's new album. I have to say, it was very disappointing. It's definitely the 'Knot though. Just not... good, imo.

Wait, how did you listen to it???? It's not even out yet :/

Wait, how did you listen to it???? It's not even out yet :/

It leaked. It was seriously disappointing. I am going to tell myself that for the next few weeks, let the hype die down, then listen again. Hopefully it wasn't as disappointing as the first play-through though.

EDIT: I just found this... XD

Still better than the original...

Edited by RaptorJaysus

@@VigilSerus

I listened to that shit in the first 2 hours of it being leaked. Twice. I have to say, Lalassu Xul was the most unexpected intro, and The Heavens Have Fallen the most unexpected Rings of Saturn song of all time. I mean, 6 and a half minutes, yet no breakdowns.

So I listened to the new Slipknot album a few times. None of the songs are bad, but none of them are really amazing either. It's a pretty good album though. I like the songs AOV, The Negative One, Killpop, Skeptic, Sarcastophe, and Nomadic the most so far.

• Brohoof 2

New Slipknot album is decent I think. It's not great, but it's definitely not bad. I'd maybe rank it above All Hope Is Gone, but I'd need to give it a few more listens before deciding (and listen to All Hope Is Gone again, ages since I listened to that). There's some good songs, I like The Negative One, Devil In Me, Sarcastrophe and I thin Custer is one of the best songs they've done in a long time, it's got such an old school Iowa feel to it (Iowa is my favourite Slipknot album).

Tonight I'm off to see American Head Charge and Soil. Don't really care about Soil, but I'm looking forward to AHC. They were such a cool band and put out 2 really great albums, imo, and then split up. Glad they're back and the song, Sugars of Someday, off the EP they made is really cool, if a bit of a different sound for them. It's very alt rock I feel, but has a fantastic groove to it. Hope they get moving on a new album soon.

Also bought tickets last week for the super Slipknot and Korn tour coming next year...and tickets for Neil Diamond! Dude's, metal as hell.

Check it. Killer Be Killed. A supergroup formed by members of Mars Volta, Dillinger Escape Plan, Mastodon & Cavelera Conspiracy/Soulfly. 

I'm a Max fan and I have to say this is easily the most interesting thing he's done since Dark Ages. I think it's key that he's not the one solely creating and controlling it because his stuff can get a bit repetitive at times so having other opinions and influences in the band is obviously a big plus here. I don't think you can overstate the difference Andreas Kisser made working alongside Max in Sepultura to when Max was doing his own thing in Soulfly.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a Max fan and I have to say this is easily the most interesting thing he's done since Dark Ages. I think it's key that he's not the one solely creating and controlling it because his stuff can get a bit repetitive at times so having other opinions and influences in the band is obviously a big plus here. I don't think you can overstate the difference Andreas Kisser made working alongside Max in Sepultura to when Max was doing his own thing in Soulfly.

Max & Andrea did make a good team back then. Unfortunately it was Andreas who caused the split between Sepultura and Max with some rather despicable actions on his part. Even now, Andreas is the reason there hasn't been a reunion. Both Max and Igor are up for one despite what happened, but Andreas won't do it unless the whole thing is under his control. 

Red BarOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO0OOOOOOOOON!

BLUE MAX!

In regards to this album, it's finally starting to get chilly enough to wear long-sleeved shirts, so I can start wearing this!

Front:

post-24966-0-81726300-1415253239_thumb.jpg

Back:

post-24966-0-94154500-1415253258_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1