Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Ok guys. So my latest adventure as a metal warrior. This past Thursday night, I went on an adventure with my brother in arms to a show in Downtown Toronto. We walked over 8 kilometers (almost 8 miles) through hiking trails along the Don Valley river, and into the downtown core to see the original death metal band, Death. Though it's not all the originals, for obvious reasons, they put on a damn good show, and tribute to their former lead, Chuck Schuldiner. They, and another band called Obituary played co headline sets, and it was amazing.

For those of you who love some good death metal, these bands are well worth checking out.

Edited by Midnight Scribbler

Random Iced Earth mood. I have this album on my MP3 Player so I hear it all the time and don't usually think much of it. I wanna get Horror Show which has my favorite IE song on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKmdwrCD-O0

I only know a few IE songs overall. Two albums and a few more. Some of those being from the Wizards & Demons side project.

I find it funny that people complain about metal being all about screamo when bands like this are out there.
  • Brohoof 2

If you like Thrash, If you like Exodus, if you like Rob Dukes era Exodus, then you're gonna like these guys, Rob's side project turned main focus, Generation Kill. I'm liking this because while it does maintain Exodus levels of energy & intensity, it expands upon it and allows more melodicism than you'd typically find in Exodus, which helps showcase more of Rob's abilities as a singer. 

Ok guys. So my latest adventure as a metal warrior. This past Thursday night, I went on an adventure with my brother in arms to a show in Downtown Toronto. We walked over 8 kilometers (almost 8 miles) through hiking trails along the Don Valley river, and into the downtown core to see the original death metal band, Death. Though it's not all the originals, for obvious reasons, they put on a damn good show, and tribute to their former lead, Chuck Schuldiner. They, and another band called Obituary played co headline sets, and it was amazing.

For those of you who love some good death metal, these bands are well worth checking out.

Death - Pull The Plug

Obituary - Visions In My Head

Pull The Plug is a fantastic track, and the one that really got me interested in the band. I'm currently stuck on the album Symbolic. :3

Iced Earth - Dystopia

Random Iced Earth mood. I have this album on my MP3 Player so I hear it all the time and don't usually think much of it. I wanna get Horror Show which has my favorite IE song on it:

Iced Earth - Dracula

I only know a few IE songs overall. Two albums and a few more. Some of those being from the Wizards & Demons side project.

I find it funny that people complain about metal being all about screamo when bands like this are out there.

PLEASE tell me this is one of the songs you DO know by them >.<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKo9jBf0wg4

• Brohoof 1

Pull The Plug is a fantastic track, and the one that really got me interested in the band. I'm currently stuck on the album Symbolic. :3

PLEASE tell me this is one of the songs you DO know by them >.<

I wouldn't know. The account got banned and I can't view the video. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLgnKaqufDE

You know what I love about Black Majesty? Their guitar work. A lot of the guitars in power metal don't do much to really stand out. Black Majesty seems to hit the spot though. It almost doesn't fit with the genre at times.

I gotta listen to more of Kiuas but the guitar at the end of this song kicks all kinds of ass. Doesn't get much better than this.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't know. The account got banned and I can't view the video. :lol:

Well that's pretty lame. Song is Watching Over Me, and it's off of Something Wicked This Way Comes.

• Brohoof 1

I need to get more Amon Amarth... it's been too long since I listened to them.

Got to see them last month when they toured w/ Sabaton & Skeletonwitch. Kick ass show. Sabaton threatened to steal the show again, but Amon Amarth held their own. 

Anyways, time to promote!

My fellow Alaskans in 36 Crazyfists are putting out new music Feb 17th. Go buy their new album 'Time & Trauma' when it comes out.

Here's the latest single plus their smash hit from back in the day.