Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Voivod is still one my favorite bands, so many great records by them...

Killing Technology is one of their best and to prove it here's the final track from this album

And oh have this beast ass song by Overkill off their latest:

• Brohoof 2

Yay. More room to fangirl over the Alestorm show I went to!

I got to get up stage with Alestorm during the song Midget Saw. My friend was up on stage next to me. Here's my video taken on stage (pardon the "midget dancing" that ruins the actual video for the most part)...

and here's the video my OTHER friend took from the crowd.

• Brohoof 1

I tried getting my little brothers into some metal. I picked this particular tune here.

A heavy metal classic, combining aggressiveness and melody to create a hard-hitting yet accessible masterpiece.

Danny and Victor gave a resounding no. Victor doesn't even like rock music at all. I weep for this generation.

• Brohoof 1

Talking about Maiden, Here's some great news! They have a new album ready and they're set to release it this year! Just when Bruce Dickinson is cured of cancer which I really hope for him (f*ck cancer). But, yeah here is a video as a proof for those news.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I tried getting my little brothers into some metal. I picked this particular tune here.

A heavy metal classic, combining aggressiveness and melody to create a hard-hitting yet accessible masterpiece.

Danny and Victor gave a resounding no. Victor doesn't even like rock music at all. I weep for this generation.

Talking about Maiden, Here's some great news! They have a new album ready and they're set to release it this year! Just when Bruce Dickinson is cured of cancer which I really hope for him (f*ck cancer).

Speaking of Maiden and that track, this cover is done pretty damn well.

Edited by tehAgg

I love metal. Huge Thrash fan, but I like other sub genres too.

But what do you guys think of mainstream metal bands like A7X or Slipknot?

I honesty prefer the mainstream stuff to the not mainstream stuff. I used to be really into classic metal bands, but my tastes have changed.

Nothin' wrong with the m8n35tr34m. I spend so much time in the underground that it's nice to take a breath of fresh air now and again. Although, I'd have to say my favorite thrash band as of late is Black Fast. I'd say their sound is a fusion of Immortal/Death/Usurper

(edited)

I'm not that much into mainstream metal except for mainstream Thrash, I'm more into underground and underrated stuff.

Like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za3Rp-4f-_Y

and many more!

Edited by ObliveonBr0ny

This song is sickkkkkkkkk

I personally love A7X and Slipknot, I hate how they get hated a lot just for being mainstream, it's stupid.

• Brohoof 1

I personally love A7X and Slipknot, I hate how they get hated a lot just for being mainstream, it's stupid.

I don't like A7X because, IMHO, they suck (on the whole). I have a friend who said once the heaviest thing he could ever get into was A7X. The only song he liked from them was Nightmare. He is from a group of people that all listen to, and worship, this.

... yet the "heaviest" song he likes is Nightmare by A7X. WTF.

(edited)

Hey, I exist.

Also, 

Please, I AM Slipknot.

Also, new Tool album this year.

Edited by Chris Fehn
  • Brohoof 1

Same. I used to think that type of music was lame, but now I have stuff like this on my iPod.

I mean, I say that like I didn't live through/enjoy the first run.  Which would be a lie.

• Brohoof 1