Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Check it out. A song from a collab concert celebrating Roadrunner records 25th anniversary. 

Robert Flynn (Machine Head) - Vocals
Andreas Kisser (Sepultura) - Rhythm Guitar
Dino Cazares (Fear Factory, Divine Heresy, Asesino, ex-Brujeria) - Rhythm Guitar
Adam Duce (ex-Machine Head) - Bass
Roy Mayorga (Stone Sour) - Drums

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Have some psychedelic Thrash Metal, what a shame these guys are no more today they could have became a big name the thrash scene

I also love the music video, it's weird but at the same time it's really symbolic:

Edited by ObliveonVortex

Y'know, I'm not an especially big fan of the DTP, to me it's just alright/good, I haven't listened to enough to really appreciate it yet somehow I've seen them live 5 times. I've seen them with Meshuggah in London, Supported by Perphery in Bristol, at Download 2012, I saw the Retinal Circus streamed and Devin did a signing and acoustic set in a record shop. He's just the nicest, funniest guy and I absolutely love him.

He just keeps popping up in my life.

Anyone got any good gigs coming up? I'm seeing:

Deftones at Wembly 21/11

SikTh in Bristol 10/12

The Darkness in Bristol 13/12

If funds, tickets and transport are available I might try and catch Sepultura, Slayer and Apocalyptica.

Now Periphery is a band I would love to see live, and I'm not too far from Bristol...anyone here got a time machine??? XD

I'd love to meet Devin, he has always come across as a delightful, yet mad, individual :D

(edited)

Today, Lamb of God's new album, titled VII: Sturm Und Drang was released. This is the band's first album since Resolution, released in 2011 and also following Randy Blythe's arrest in 2012. The band has not lost anything they previously had in their sound, and it definitely shows on the record's heaviest track, Delusion Pandemic. The album even has some guest vocals, from Chino Moreno (Deftones, Crosses, Team Sleep) and Greg Puciato (The Dillinger Escape Plan, Killer Be Killed) on the tracks Embers and Torches (tracks 4 and 10, respectively). 

Overall, this album is one of the best albums I've heard all year, and will definitely stand beside my anticipated albums of the year, from Ghost, Disturbed, Slayer, Fear Factory, Deftones and Soulfly. The tracks I recommend are Delusion Pandemic, Embers, Footprints and Engage The Fear Machine.

Rating: 8/10

91E27wHrMtL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Blackened
  • Brohoof 2

Now Periphery is a band I would love to see live, and I'm not too far from Bristol...anyone here got a time machine??? XD

I'd love to meet Devin, he has always come across as a delightful, yet mad, individual :D

They seem to be in the UK quite a bit. I've seen them at Download, in Bristol with Devin, in Bristol with Between the Buried And Me and in London with Meshuggah (w/ Devin). If you ask me, their live shows are a bit underwhelming. They're great but it's a bit too 'perfect'.

Yeah, Devin's a lovely bloke.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Biggybrony, @@Blackened,

I'm going to this show, check the lineup.

http://heavymontreal.com/lineup/artists/

Also, I think this is going to be interesting. Laibach, a highly political band, has been invited to play in North Korea. This can only be interesting.

http://www.laibach.org/

That is a phenomenal lineup. Shame I don't live near Canada. Anyway, have a brutal time. \m/

298466__safe_lyra+heartstrings_sitting_b

Edited by Blackened
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm going to this show, check the lineup.

http://heavymontreal.com/lineup/artists/

OMG I totally want to go at this festival knowing that I could had last year but I could not for some reasons. And with the latest addition of Revocation to the line-up, I totally wanna go now! But it's really expensive! Because I'm from Quebec, I'm not that far from Parc Jean-Drapeau, Montreal

Also here's some new Nile:

Edited by ObliveonVortex
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Today, Lamb of God's new album, titled VII: Sturm Und Drang was released. This is the band's first album since Resolution, released in 2011 and also following Randy Blythe's arrest in 2012. The band has not lost anything they previously had in their sound, and it definitely shows on the record's heaviest track, Delusion Pandemic. The album even has some guest vocals, from Chino Moreno (Deftones, Crosses, Team Sleep) and Greg Puciato (The Dillinger Escape Plan, Killer Be Killed) on the tracks Embers and Torches (tracks 4 and 10, respectively). 

Overall, this album is one of the best albums I've heard all year, and will definitely stand beside my anticipated albums of the year, from Ghost, Disturbed, Slayer, Fear Factory, Deftones and Soulfly. The tracks I recommend are Delusion Pandemic, Embers, Footprints and Engage The Fear Machine.

Rating: 8/10

sig-3966776.91E27wHrMtL._SL1500_.jpg

Just bought the ltd edition. Listening to it as we speak. Right now I'm on Anthropoid. 

Here's to hoping it becomes the heaviest record to hit #1 on the Billboard 200 since Far Beyond Driven. And speaking of Pantera...

Today is the 25th anniversary of Cowboys From Hell! Getcha pull! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX9OZNVyyvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHe9NpYbQw

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

@,
I'm driving up from Toronot to see it. I ain't missing that lineup. There's times in your life when you see something, and you know that probably won't happen twice. If you do it, at least you won't regret not doing it. lol

@@VulpineTaco,

I believe that is yet another name I noticed on the Heavy MTL list for this summer. He's amazing live.

And on that note, here's something heavy af.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkJcVMP2POE

(edited)

Yesterday, Sabotage by Black Sabbath celebrated his 40th anniversary of being released, so to celebrate it even more here's Symptom Of The Universe, considered as one of the first Thrash Metal songs by many people:

Edited by ObliveonVortex

Im also a Metal Fan. This are my two favourite Songs from my favourite metal band  :pinkie:

Well i was gonna to post the song Highlander as well, but it surprisingly got banned in my country of youtube for copyright reasons. Thats...Thats just great.

Well then this :

I also like listening to Fear Factory, Dir en Grey and some others i forgot the name of.  :please:

• Brohoof 2