Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

While on the subject, whenever someone mentions Trivium this always comes to mind:

When I first heard the chorus riff I was like: "Yes, this is...yes, all my yes"

Still, to mix things up a bit - how about something French???

• Brohoof 1

While on the subject, whenever someone mentions Trivium this always comes to mind:

Whenever I hear that chorus, I only hear the words "BOAT, RUDDER, STRANGE MOUNTAIN".

• Brohoof 1

Whenever I hear that chorus, I only hear the words "BOAT, RUDDER, STRANGE MOUNTAIN".

Makes me think of this In Flames song:

Aerosmith did metal, back in the day.  What they've become might be pop-like today, but they used to sound like THIS:

(edited)

Still, to mix things up a bit - how about something French???

Coincidentally, the first time I ever heard Gojira was when they supported Trivium for their UK tour in 2007. My first ever gig.

Also that song is friggin' heavy!

Edited by Biggybrony
  • Brohoof 1

Coincidentally, the first time I ever heard Gojira was when they supported Trivium for their UK tour in 2007. My first ever gig.

Also that song is friggin' heavy!

Aha, I didn't even know they had toured together in the past XD

It is definitely good head banging material! 

Aha, I didn't even know they had toured together in the past XD

It is definitely good head banging material! 

Yep, great gig. It was Trivium supported by Annihilator, Gojira and Sanctity. I was 14. Annihilator did a ticket signing in the lobby afterwards. Awesome times.

• Brohoof 2

Welp. Here's some new disturbed. Tell me what you think. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jct3HKRYU2A

I have to admit, this is a bit of an odd one. Doesn't really sound like the type of subject matter or mood Disturbed usually goes for. As for the song itself, it's rather meh. This and The Vengeful One haven't impressed me all that much. So if this is the general sound of things, I'm probably gonna skip this. 

Welp. Here's some new disturbed. Tell me what you think. 

I have to admit, this is a bit of an odd one. Doesn't really sound like the type of subject matter or mood Disturbed usually goes for. As for the song itself, it's rather meh. This and The Vengeful One haven't impressed me all that much. So if this is the general sound of things, I'm probably gonna skip this. 

I love Disturbed (including the songs that have been released from this album so far), but I really don't like this one. Easily the band's worst song... :(

Not one of the better days
Nighttime, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Nighttime, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Grey people stare at a static sky (as you will)
Ours is not to question why

Same thing, every time
It always seems to need what I'm not
To all the hopeful ones:
Nobody gives a fuck what you've got

I only wish that I could pray to god
(but you will)
Stay longer
Please don't leave me alone

Bastard, mother, father, no...
Time passed quicker than you will ever know
And they can push me harder
But you know I'll never go
And they will justify it, but you know
It will take them slow

[2] The girl from blue city
The lights from across the harbour
And the boys are out on the corners
Sex in the neon basements (red and smelly)
And don't feel a thing (it's too cold to worry)
So in the corner by the dock
Where there's no light
It smells like piss but no one knows
And right now just to sleep would be alright

...Feel old, gone where the feelings go
...Gone now in a field of green
Gone where feelings go...

Today, Los Angeles industrial metallers Fear Factory have released their ninth studio album and their first to be released under the Nuclear Blast record label, Genexus. The band still has their groove metal roots, but this time, they've incorporated some elements of djent, as evidenced by Dino Cazares' staccato guitar playing, often matched with Mike Heller's drum patterns.

The album starts out with the heavy-hitting track Autonomous Combat System, which shows what the band is all about: hard groove metal riffs mixed with heavenly melodies. As stated earlier, this album has more of a djent feel to it, mostly heard in the title track and Soul Hacker, the album's lead single. 20+ years in their career later, the band has shown that age does not matter, as they have not lost any edge they once had previously. The industrial elements are still strong; there's plenty of effects and synths all around the record, especially in the final track, Expiration Date. The band decides to take a breather here and soften down a fair bit. It starts out with guitar harmonics that fade in, followed by some low bass notes. The drums in this track are replaced with electronic percussion, rather than a typical drum set.

Overall, great album. Half of the album has some fast-paced metal anthems, and others slow down a fair bit and focus more on grooves. The last track is nothing like the others. I like the variety that this album has to offer.

RATING: 8.5/10

fearfactorygenexuscd.jpg

Edited by Blackened
  • Brohoof 1