Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

I'm on day 2 of Heavy MTL festival. Yesterday's highlights were Meshuggah and Korn. Today I saw Gojira, Testament, Devin Townsend and Iggy Pop. Tomorrow is going to be brutal. So many names on the list I want to see but I only have time for some.
Here's me and the boys on the road to Montreal. Pretty well sums up the overall trip. lol

vLAHjIW.jpg

Coal Chamber, Sanctuary, Lamb of God and Slipknot. So much metal, and my body hurts all over, but I am so ready.

In the spirit of today, I leave you with this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-XaaTqOICU

Just got home from Montreal. The festival was fucking amazing.

sig-4011818.w5HTYRh.jpg

Hands down, I will do it again next year. It was worth the 7 hour drive. I got lucky too, cause Montreal had an anime convention going too. Saw Big Mac walking around. lol

This was one of the most amazing moments. Literally thousands of people, crouching down, and then jumping up all at once. Everyone from front to back knew all the words to almost every song. What a finale to a great weekend.

And just gonna throw this one in too, because it's probably the angriest song ever.
  • Brohoof 1

Nobody told me we were having a 500 page party!!

(wondering how well-known these guys are outside the UK)

(unsigned, awesome and in need of support)

(Fantastic live band, also unsigned and needing attention)

Playing with the definition of 'metal thread' here but I don't care.

It's finally there! Iron Maiden have released their newest song called Speed of Light off their upcoming album The Book of Sools

I personnaly think that the song is just nice, nothing legendary but just plain nice, but I think that the video is way too awesome! It includes a lot of references to their older stuff and video games with the uses of voxels, pixels and 3d!

Here's the song (If you haven't heard it yet, says no one probably here ever lol)

• Brohoof 3

Today, Brazillian-American metallers Soulfly have released their tenth studio album, Archangel. Frontman Max Cavalera clearly has a lot of time on his hands, as he seems to be releasing albums whenever he can, whether it be with a side project or his main band. Last year we had Killer Be Killed's debut album, and this year, we have a new Soulfly release. Anyway, onto the content...

Archangel is the band's shortest studio album, with a length of 36 minutes and 38 seconds. The album starts out with one of Soulfly's heaviest tracks to date, We Sold Our Souls to Metal. It's very fast and heavy. Unfortunately, the rest of the tracks don't really deviate from this point onward. All the tracks have varying speeds, but they all share the same amount of distortion. Despite this, there's a handful of tracks that really made me want to headbang. Bethlehem's Blood, Ishtar Rising, Deceiver, Sodomites and Titans are the highlights of the album. They stand out to me because of the heaviness and structure. Live Life Hard! is a fast-paced punk rock track (even featuring Matt Young of hardcore punk band King Parrot), which starts heavy and stays heavy. 

In conclusion, despite the handful of good tracks, it's a decent-at-best effort. I'd only recommend it if you're a die-hard fan of Soulfly; otherwise, this may not be for you.

OVERALL RATING: 6.5/10

Soulfly-archangel-2015.jpg?fit=750%2C100

A friend of mine sent me this. It starts off on a note, and then it surprises the shit right out of you on how the rest of it's going to sound. I had no idea what I was about to listen to based on the first minute or so. The lyrics are posted on the video, check em out. :)

• Brohoof 1

A friend of mine sent me this. It starts off on a note, and then it surprises the shit right out of you on how the rest of it's going to sound. I had no idea what I was about to listen to based on the first minute or so. The lyrics are posted on the video, check em out. :)

Wow, this is just nice! This sounds like innovative Progressive/Death Metal with Melodic and Rock elements, in other words it sounds really original, Thanks for sharing this discovery!

• Brohoof 1

I haven't spent a lot of time on this threat, but I'm loving it already. I'll introduce myself to you with one of my favorite songs. Avantasia's The Scarecrow is 11 minutes of pure awesome.

Finally found myself a few bottles of this metal goodness right here:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cqBn9puMWF4/UT9D10cK_iI/AAAAAAAAhkk/IoRpf8Oi9dw/s1600/Horns+Up+Rocks+Iron+Maiden+Trooper+Beer+copy.jpg

It's actually a pretty damn good beer. Awesome.

(what do you mean? Of course this belongs in the metal forum)

There is actually a pub near where I live (as in, it's walking distance) that sells Trooper :D

What about this: img_0491.jpg

I'm sure it goes down nicely with a dose of this:

• Brohoof 1

There is actually a pub near where I live (as in, it's walking distance) that sells Trooper :D

What about this: sig-4031811.img_0491.jpg

I'm sure it goes down nicely with a dose of this:

Nice, although that head doesn't look too appetizing. No idea there was a Amon Amarth beer.

Also, who wants to start the #10,000 post party?

• Brohoof 1