Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Nice, although that head doesn't look too appetizing. No idea there was a Amon Amarth beer.

Hopefully if I ever get a chance to have some, it will be poured with less of a head XD

#10000 post.

Ten Thousand Fists

PARTAY!!!!

pinkie_pie_guitar_rocker__andrew_wk__s_b

• Brohoof 1

This has to be one of the biggest, if not, the biggest thread on this forum.

Metal is alive and well in the My Little Pony fandom (now that's a sentence I would have never thought I would say a few years ago :lol:)

Lets have a classic melodic masterpiece to celebrate :D

• Brohoof 2

For all those Ghost BC fans out there, Meliora drops in two days! Have a taste!

For those who don't know Ghost, here's a couple tracks off Infestissumam...

...and a few more from Opus Eponymous

To continue on with the 10,000 post party. Here's something crazy and massive for you that was just posted today courtesy of Nuclear Blast Records. 

It seems that Helsinki, Finland just wrapped up a festival, and the main highlight was the 20th anniversary of an experiment involving 40 guitars, 8 bass players, and a drummer. 

Nwo the idea has been brought back, by Finnish guitar god Alexi Laiho of Children Of Bodom, as he gathered 100 guitarists from all across the world to play on one stage.

Fillies & Gentlecolts, may I present, 100 guitars from Hel. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyZ0lkUzVy8

Metal is my music. My favorite Metal genres are Melodic Death Metal, Progressive Metal, Thrash Metal, Power Metal and Heavy Metal. I am a Metalhead since 2005 after I listen the Song The Elder from Insomnium, a Melodic Death Metal band from Finland. The fun fact is, that the first time I listen this Song was in a Lion King AMV. XD The sound was so great and after this, I watched more Metal bands. 

Here is the Song who made a metalhead out of me:

• Brohoof 1

Gorguts is so underrated, I don't why I was ignoring this band that much earlier, but when I listened to Obscura, their innovative Tech Death album from 1998, I got my mind totally blown by this genius and insane songwriting. So here is the opening track, that already shows the potential that this album has early in:

Another release from the Metal Allegiance project!

Feat:

Vocals- Phil Anselmo (Down, Pantera)

Guitar-Alex Skolnik (Testament)

Bass- Mark Menghi 

Drums- Mike Portnoy (Winery Dogs, ex-Dream Theater, ex-A7X)

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

I got Disturbed's new album and they prove once again that they will remain my favorite band through thick and thin. My top ten bands change constantly but Disturbed remains on the top even when I get bored with them.

They're one of the few bands I don't listen to for guitar at all. One of the fewer still that I care about the drums in.

A lot of people don't like Draiman's voice for some reason. Some say he doesn't have enough of a range but that's never really bothered me. He knows how to use the voice that he has and it's a very powerful voice. It always has a sheer force of will that no other vocalist can match.

One of the songs on the new album actually proves he has quite a large range and that he just doesn't use all of it. He has a sweet spot that he knows how to use but this song just...you can feel the vibration in his voice. It's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN8wSwmqjpk

In here, you gotta post some metal songs from Youtube and share your metal tastes with us.

For example, I'll post a metal classic

and you follow up with another metal song (and a comment about the previous poster's song if you'd like).

Mostly the website name.

• Brohoof 2

So for hardcore/black metal I usually find myself pretty picky with the content and the style of vocals, and all that. This band stands out to me, because they have a really dark theme. This album is about the events of nuclear war and the fallout after, which leaves earth in a state of despair. A shadow of it's former self, cast by the light of a thousand suns. It also has some extremely complex existential lyrics in some parts. "And so I gaze to the stars and seek the strange wisdom of the worlds beyond"

I invite you to give these guys a shot anyway. They have some really good melodic bits as well. I really enjoy them.

This track is an all out heavy hitter. However, I find that the ending stands out a lot, because of how haunting it is. Rather than repeat the chorus, they decided to repeat the instrumental part of it, but with some emotional humming from General Robb Flynn. As if that wasn't enough, the song fades out, and the last thing heard is a very haunting and mournful melody. 

This song gets a 9/10.

Edited by Blackened
  • Brohoof 1

Second leg of the Machine Head exclusive North America tour starts in a few months! See if they're coming anywhere near you! http://www.machinehead1.com/tour.html

If there was a need for an MH single to be played on radio, this would be it. A scathing denouncement of the bands former bass player, a close friend turned resentful foe. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU6whyrkic4

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1