Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

If you haven't heard of Vektor yet, then idk what I can say to you.

2 albums out, Terminal Redux their third one is litteraly coming out in just 3 weeks, HYYYPE!

Here, have a listen at Accelerating Universe, their longest song yet (13 minutes), that is gonna get topped by 5 seconds by the last song in their upcoming album called "Recharging The Void"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVFR7uKYA6A

And if you still have time to listen to them, you might have to take a look at the first song of their next: "Charging The Void"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4e5Jw9T5Zk

Edited by Cosmic V0rtex

@@Cosmic V0rtex,
I'm so freaking hyped out for this album to release. I just want a single even just to get a taste of it. xD

That band you linked after is an interesting one. Not exactly sure I like the vocals much, but the guitar is just rippin' it up. Not bad.

Here's two not too dissimilar styles. A bit less heavy and fast, but I always come back to these bands. Love em both. Unfortunately Illnath's vocalist was replaced though, their new one sucks comparatively.

Did anyone hear about Korpiklaani? This is Finnish metal band, which sings in English and its native language.

But I prefer Finnish songs' versions, even if I don't understand lyrics.

Got some great bands coming to Australia all at once, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Disturbed.

So I also had heard about the band "Animals as Leaders" for a while now and took a listen to it, an absolute work of art O.O

• Brohoof 1

So I also had heard about the band "Animals as Leaders" for a while now and took a listen to it, an absolute work of art O.O

Oh man, Animals As Leaders are amazing. You're going on a great road that not enough people are on. I suggest looking up Polyphia and Chon if you're into Animals As Leaders. They're not as heavy as Animals As Leaders, but they're still amazing. Here's my favorite songs by them.

• Brohoof 1

Oh man, Animals As Leaders are amazing. You're going on a great road that not enough people are on. I suggest looking up Polyphia and Chon if you're into Animals As Leaders. They're not as heavy as Animals As Leaders, but they're still amazing. Here's my favorite songs by them.

Ah, this is beautiful, very groovy...I like it. I have listened to similar bands in the past like TesseracT and I really got into that, but there's something about a song not having any lyrics that just gets me...

Thanks for the recommendation :nom:  

Another release I'm waiting for is Pleaides' Dust by Gorguts.

Colored Sands was already an awesome album, but with this E.P. being a full song, I'm basically super hyped about it.

Wandering Times from the upcoming release:

Enemies of Compassion from Colored Sands:

I may have posted this one already, but I just can't get over how amazing this song is.

Breathing slowly, mechanical heartbeat
losing contact with the living
Almighty TV plugged, hybrid empty brain
don't see anything real in the game
The tension is building constantly
No reason just a reflex I have, driven by clockwork
I try to keep an eye open
And I realize I haven't closed my eyes in a long time

Neglected emotions lead to catastrophic voyage on the other side
I have been given so much stress and lack of confidence
I've been given the gift of so small hope deep inside
I haven't closed my eyes in a long time, I am trying

I cannot stomach these forms and colors anymore
but I'm here to continue, after all I have been through
I try to keep my eyes open, I am realizing
This life and death more precious than anything

I won't bring no material in the after life
Take no possessions, I would rather travel light
I'm of this kind that kills all day
but I don't know yet how to die

Art of dying, is the way to let all go
Within I practice in the secret of my soul
My shape in the reflector
has now for ever, a life on it's own

I present to you all, one of the most addicitng death metal songs I have ever heard: 

This song is friggin' incredible and immensely technical. It alone has opened my eyes to the thrash metal genre. Of course the thanks goes to my boyfriend because he is the one who introduced me to this song. :) 

Can't really post any links right now but the things I've listened to recently would be

- perfect insanity by disturbed

- asylum by disturbed

- the thing that should not be by Metallica

- master of puppets by Metallica

- almost everything on disturbed's newest album immortalized

- a number of songs featured in CoD black ops zombies

- war pigs by black sabbath

- iron man by black sabbath

- requiem by avenged sevenfold

And schism by tool

There's also a lot more but these are just off the top of my head.

So here's footage from the fear factory show I went to on Thursday, and a example of the craziness that went down. 

Bouncers were throwing out people all night, and Fear factory ax man Dino Cazares stops the show to see what the hell is going on. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAJQla3tItA

In other news, Soilwork kicked tons of ass. Front man Bjorn Stren punched holes in the ceiling. Opening acts Spades and Blades know good fans when they see them. They saw how enthusiastic I was and said "You! Yes you! You're team leader now! Everybody follow that guy!" I got to be team leader for a night!

Suffice to say, the Milwaukee metal heads don't know how to take orders very well. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 2