Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Not their best song, but I love the music video! 

Sabaton is one of my favourite bands of all time! Powermetal! But I am currently going through a symphonic and operatic metal so loads of Nightwish, Epica and the sorts. Mostly the  Endless forms most beautiful album by Nightwish. Amongst others..

• Brohoof 2

I've actually been listening to a ton of Avantasia lately, it's some really good shit. 

Speaking of good shit, how's everybody liking the new Ayreon album? I love it. 

1 hour ago, GrimGrimoire said:

I have not heard it yet. is it as good as The Theory of Everything?

Well, I didn't like Theory very much (still good, just not up to usual Ayreon level), so I'd say it's better. 

Apparently this band was....Christian? I have the album on cassette, but I never did research on them until now. Based on the lyrics for the tracks in this album, I never would have guessed that they were religious.

Obituary - Truth be Told - from "Darkest Day"

Anyone who knows what metal is knows who and what Obituary is.

4 minutes ago, Halberd said:

Apparently this band was....Christian? I have the album on cassette, but I never did research on them until now. Based on the lyrics for the tracks in this album, I never would have guessed that they were religious.

They were one of those bands who put out a lot of releases, and yet very few people have ever heard of them. In that sense they are kind of in the same boat as Saint. They put out some pretty solid stuff though.

• Brohoof 2

Anybody ever make a new friend or score a date because of a metal shirt or tattoo? I can now say that I'm in the latter category. I met a girl with an Alice In Chains shirt and an A Pale Horse Named Death tattoo. We talked a bit and, as I said before, I got a date with her tomorrow. I'll try to find out what she's into. Wish me luck.

Song related. Probably my favorite APHND song.

A little of the ole heavy Devvy, complete with toilet humour.
"Oh glorious cheese burger, we bow to thee The secrets of the universe lie between the bun."

And one of his lighter ones. This one's actually quite beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I've been listening to Morbid Angel's first album Altars of Madness (1989) for the past week or so. I'm going to be seeing these guys in Pittsburgh on May 31st!

Edited by Halberd

(edited)

A little, run of the mill classic metal tribute. A good, run of the mill classic metal tribute, that is, in my humble opinion.

Also, yea, Annihilator's damn good too.

Edited by Fillypino Fried

Revocation are raising the bar for technical thrash metal and frontman Dave Davidson is being heralded as the next guitar god. They're like the love child of Meshuggah & Annihilator. 

Fun fact: Apparently this song was in the Power Rangers movie. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2017-5-18 at 5:51 AM, Denim&Venom said:

Revocation are raising the bar for technical thrash metal and frontman Dave Davidson is being heralded as the next guitar god. They're like the love child of Meshuggah & Annihilator. 

Fun fact: Apparently this song was in the Power Rangers movie. 

I thought I was familiar with all types of metal but technical thrash metal? is that what this is called? I mean....actually now that I think of it, it does sound quite thrashy....but kinda djenty prog.......not as djenty as meshuggah though. It's like......The Faceless meets Havok or something.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/3/2014 at 4:44 PM, Lucifer said:

This is for you, Royce

Give me your best.

Deviled Ham, Deviled Ham...   damn I'm hungry!