Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

SMH I leave for a week or two and y'all let the thread die. Disappointed.

In preparation for the Demilich / Blood Incantation / Artifical Brain show I'm going to in a week or two (which is slated to be the best day of my life, seriously) I've been listening to alot of death metal. I'm absolutely stunned that Demilich is back, they've been MIA since the 90's after dropping one single album, that is quite literally legendary. Blood Incantation and Artificial Brain are also most certainly some of the best bands to come out of death metal in the past decade, no exaggeration whatsoever. Required listening below.

Spoiler

Another great one-album old-school death metal band? Infester- if you're not familiar with them, you should be. Brutal, technical, and even atmospheric. Shame they disbanded after this one, because it's an absolute achievement and a marvel.

Spoiler

Since I'm all hot on old school death metal now, I must ask: Incantation or Immolation? The age old question of classic brutal death metal.

New Sleep dropped on 4/20 after so many years of absence? Fuck yeah. You already know what the soundtrack to my day was that day...

Spoiler

And lastly, I will plug some fresh 2018 black metal releases that are at the top of my album of the year contenders, and should be at the top of yours too.

Spoiler

What have y'all been jamming on recently metal folks?

On 4/19/2018 at 1:12 PM, Recherche said:

I hadn't even realized that Disturbed even released this song, but I just found it, and it sounds great! :ooh:

Hide contents

You're listening to the wrong Disturbed.

Spoiler

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 2

@Twiliscael Woah, I might not be the biggest fan of Black Metal, but Aorlhac actually sounds pretty good! :o Aura Noir is alright, but Aorlhic sounds pretty sweet, actually!

3 hours ago, Twiliscael said:

a45.gif&key=a09e29f0d6ac6c1faf70d5391b1c

Spoiler

Jokes aside, that song is pretty cool... but if you ask me, it doesn't stack up to the other Disturbed's works. :pout:

• Brohoof 1

I haven't listened to this song in a while, so I decided to dig it up. I've got to say..  I'm not the biggest fan. You guys and gals might like it,though. :pout:

Spoiler

• Brohoof 2

Metal meme monday.

31564047_1683119428451335_61147553116612

beath.png

And for serious, listen to the fuck out of Repulsion.

Spoiler

I've also been listening to a sickening amount of Death lately. As you should too. Death album rankings?

Spoiler

Seriously why the FUCK was Chuck such a god?

14 hours ago, Recherche said:

I haven't listened to this song in a while, so I decided to dig it up. I've got to say..  I'm not the biggest fan. You guys and gals might like it,though. :pout:

Hide contents

Not bad, but formed from members of Carcass which is a vastly superior and renowned melodeath band.

Spoiler

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

You know what's becoming a cool thing lately? Metal reactions. People discovering the world of heavy metal and getting super into it. Like Lost In Vegas, a pair of hip hop heads who are now fans of Metallica, Gojira, Trivium, Alter Bridge, Devin Townsend and all his related bands, etc.

Listen to how much they flip out over this Gojira, Townsend & Meshuggah collab. 

• Brohoof 1

Did someone say metal?

I'm currently deep into Thrash and Metalcore right now. Probably unpopular opinion but Megadeth > Metallica

• Brohoof 2

I'm usually a stickler for power metal, symphonic metal, and even progressive metal. However I had the itch to expand my interests into the sphere of Death, Doom, and Black Metal and...I've been pleasantly surprised.

I never knew melodic black metal was a thing, but this caught be off guard.

And of course with death metal, or maybe epic melodic death metal, this group blew me out of the water.

And as for doom...well, funeral doom to be exact...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHVkJgwAXgE

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

I'm usually a stickler for power metal, symphonic metal, and even progressive metal. However I had the itch to expand my interests into the sphere of Death, Doom, and Black Metal and...I've been pleasantly surprised.

I never knew melodic black metal was a thing, but this caught be off guard.

And of course with death metal, or maybe epic melodic death metal, this group blew me out of the water.

And as for doom...well, funeral doom to be exact...

Did you say Doom metal? I'm more of a metalcore/deathcore guy but there are some really neat doom metal albums.

This is one that I liked quite a bit.

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Did you say Doom metal? I'm more of a metalcore/deathcore guy but there are some really neat doom metal albums.

This is one that I liked quite a bit.

Ah; I like this! Thanks for sharing! :D

Just now, PathfinderCS said:

Ah; I like this! Thanks for sharing! :D

You are most welcome! Always love to share my music tastes with someone who enjoys it. :P

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TheTaZe said:

You are most welcome! Always love to share my music tastes with someone who enjoys it. :P

Tis quite nice to meet a fellow metalhead; definitely enjoy the new material. ^^

I don't think I shared some of my favorite material.

I'll start with my current favorites!

Spoiler

Now, Trivium!

Some Killswitch Engage in there!

That should be the works of most I listen to. :kindness:

You know, I've been a metalhead pretty much my entire life since I can remember. Sadly, I've never really gotten into metal before the 1990's(I'm a stickler for modern prog metal, what can I say). However, my dad showed me this band and I have to say, it definitely made my top three bands in just two songs.

These two got me into them, plus the fact it's original Rob Zombie, so I mean...

I should listen to more old school stuff, yeah? :)

• Brohoof 1

Does anyone want to have a music sharing session, like through PM's? I wanted to expand my horizon further than Metalcore and Djent stuff. One thing I don't really care for though is Death Metal. Don't get me wrong, I love me some harsh vocals, but I don't know why Death Metal doesn't do it for me.

Nonetheless, just give me a holler and a whole buncha suggestions, and I could even give some if need be.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/28/2018 at 12:13 PM, Twiliscael said:

Hide contents

The "wrong" disturbed is way better than some generic thrash trash. Anyway, have a song: 

(edited)
On 4/30/2018 at 9:28 PM, Twiliscael said:

Metal meme monday.

31564047_1683119428451335_61147553116612

beath.png

And for serious, listen to the fuck out of Repulsion.

Hide contents

I've also been listening to a sickening amount of Death lately. As you should too. Death album rankings?

Hide contents

Seriously why the FUCK was Chuck such a god?

Not bad, but formed from members of Carcass which is a vastly superior and renowned melodeath band.

Hide contents

I'm totally rooting for the demons there, it's not like Mortician even real metal, they're just a downtuned hardcore band, like a heavier version of the Misfits. :P 

Repulsion is legit a punk band though, they just attempted to play invent death metal and ended up inventing grindcore. 

Death Rankings: 

1. The Sound of Preserverance 

2. Symbolic

3. Human

4. Individual Thought Patterns

5. Leprosy

6. Scream Bloody Gore

7. Spiritual Healing

And finally, come on. Incarnated Solevent Abuse is my favorite Carcass song outside of Heartwork, but it's not melodeath. 

Speaking of heavier melodeath, love this song:

Edited by Ganondox

15 hours ago, Yuu Xeno said:

Does anyone want to have a music sharing session, like through PM's? I wanted to expand my horizon further than Metalcore and Djent stuff. One thing I don't really care for though is Death Metal. Don't get me wrong, I love me some harsh vocals, but I don't know why Death Metal doesn't do it for me.

Nonetheless, just give me a holler and a whole buncha suggestions, and I could even give some if need be.

How about giving old school Thrash a shot? 

Posting one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands of all time

13 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

How about giving old school Thrash a shot? 

I've been listening to 80's thrash more often lately. Bands like Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax come to mind.

• Brohoof 2

On 7/1/2018 at 12:19 PM, Denim&Venom said:

You know what's becoming a cool thing lately? Metal reactions. People discovering the world of heavy metal and getting super into it. Like Lost In Vegas, a pair of hip hop heads who are now fans of Metallica, Gojira, Trivium, Alter Bridge, Devin Townsend and all his related bands, etc.

Listen to how much they flip out over this Gojira, Townsend & Meshuggah collab. 

Shout out to the free thinkers! I also enjoy Youyouyou!'s reactions and Nate Alyns too. 

• Brohoof 1