Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Problems with posting images and links

Jonquil Earthpony

Hi im trying to do a blog =)  but when I try and place an images using "  image properties" box and click ok nothing happens, am I doing something wrong? also I cant copy and paste sentences or links on my blog. I can do links on my profile but not the blog =P please help?  

my method of trying to post a link is copy and pasting the URL from the top of a page( e.g. YouTube) into the text box of my blog. like in this box I'm typing in right now =P.

I don't think I'm copying URL of images properly because when I right click an image it doesn't come up with "copy image URL" instead just "copy".

Thanks  for responding Adorkable :)  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

Make sure you right click on the image and click 'Copy Image URL/Location' and paste that into the box, not the url at the top of the page.

my method of trying to post a link is copy and pasting the URL from the top of a page( e.g. YouTube) into the text box of my blog. like in this box I'm typing in right now =P.

I don't think I'm copying URL of images properly because when I right click an image it doesn't come up with "copy image URL" instead just "copy".

Thanks  for responding Adorkable :)  :muffins:

Well, does 'Open Image in New Tab' show up? If so, click that and copy the url at the top of the page.

• Brohoof 1

Could you provide a link to the page with the image you're trying to copy so I can tell if it's a problem on your end that can be fixed?  My guess without seeing the page is that there's some copy protection that's been implemented on the site to prevent people from embedding the image on other sites.  This is done by some websites because they don't want to have to pay for the increased bandwidth from people embedding their images on other websites.  If this is the case, you should just copy the image and upload it to a file or image hosting service. 

• Brohoof 1

Hi there!

If the image icon in the editor isn't working for you, you can always just use the direct bbcode:

[img=Link here]
The image link goes inbetween the two image tags. You can get the image link by right clicking on an image and selecting "Copy Image URL" in most browsers.

Hey, Flightless.............I wanted to ask you, are you getting an image like this:   *won't let me post due to image extension invalid to community*

If so, try to follow these steps:

For image:

1. Go to the desired image
  2. Right-Click on image and scroll down to "View Image" (This will show the image by itself and will provide you with the image URL)
  3. Copy the URL and paste it on the "IMAGE URL" on the post Toolbars.
  4. Once you pasted it, the image should appear.
  5. EXAMPLE: twilight_sparkle_by_yakovlev_vad-d76eh19

Let us know if this works

For Video:

1. Go to the desired video
  2. Don't go to the Share Link, but instead, copy the URL from above.
  3. Now in some cases, pasting the link won't make the video appear, but instead, type

Paste URL here

4. Once you type that, in between, go to the LINK tab and post the URL, so that when you click ok, it will be underlined and highlighted for you and other members.
  5. EXAMPLE:  

6. WITH ACTUAL LINK:

Like the image let us know if this works on the blog.  In some cases you have a limit to how many links (mostly videos) and images you can have, but i currently am investigating that. 

• Brohoof 2

Thanks so much you guys for helping =D I will try out your suggestions when im on my laptop after college today =) again thank you all and have a nice day  :lol:

I've tried your suggestions =P but my computer wont paste any text into this box. Is it something wrong with my settings ?  

• Brohoof 1

Thanks so much you guys for helping =D I will try out your suggestions when im on my laptop after college today =) again thank you all and have a nice day  :lol:

I've tried your suggestions =P but my computer wont paste any text into this box. Is it something wrong with my settings ?

Which suggestion, so we can work with you on the process? Yet, what web browser are you using, b/c sometimes that can occur.

@,

It sounds like you are using Internet Explorer. If this is the case, have you tried using a different browser?

I concur.  I for one, dislike IE, b/c of all the issues that can occur.   If i may, @, try using Firefox.   That may solve the issue, :)

• Brohoof 1

Thank you very much but ive fixed the problem =D i had to use the lightswitch button

I'm glad you got this figured out. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.