Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Weird quirks your body has

Invincible

(edited)

If I rest my arm the wrong way, it makes the right side of my arm go numb. :huh:

Also I occasionally involuntarily roll my eyes into the back of my head when I get a headache sometimes.

Oh and I can make the left side of my face twitch uncontrollably. :wau:

Edited by ~Angel Dust~

1 hour ago, ~Angel Dust~ said:

Oh and I can make the left side of my face twitch uncontrollably. :wau:

Weirdly enough, I had such a quirk; it wasn't on purpose though... I wonder why I don't have it anymore?

• Brohoof 1

I can dismember myself at will without dying.

I can sneeze valuable gems.

I technically have a working black hole where my internal organs should be.

Sometimes, when I'm not paying attention the whole of my-

Widdershins. You're an OC. You were written to have such inanely quirky abilities for the sole sake of being annoying. I don't think that's what the original question was.

Well, La-Ti-Dah! You go then, Mr. Mortal!

Well, one of my ears is significantly lower than the other.

I can put both legs behind my head, even completely reverse one of my feet at a time.

I have actual chunks of graphite impaled in my handflesh.

Despite my size, I'm quite flexible. Likely from overcorrecting from my clumsy stages.

I can crack nearly every joint in my body. Other than my ribcage. And I'm working on that.

I've lost my sense of smell and, to replace it, I've learned how to smell by tasting & literally eating the air.

I can squeal at dog-whistle volume. And hit an extremely, balloon-deflating pitch of voice as I am a pretty decent mimic.

I only recognize when I'm sleepy by when the word "Raddle" comes up in my head. (That one doesn't count, that's an example.)

…   I fail to see how you're any less a quirky Eldritch Aberration than I am.

That's probably why we do this whole Meta shtick.

I have restless legs when I sleep, have extremely articulate abdominal muscles, I’m pigeon-toed, have no discernible pulse at any point except for alongside my right ear, I can burp and crack my knuckles effortlessly and I have an articulate voicebox. (I can't sing, but I can do highly accurate vocal impersonations). 

My whole body has a tendency to twitch and shake randomly. I'm a big guy, so it often looks very strange when it happens to me in public.

If I’m having trouble sleeping, my right ankle starts to shake and does so until I fall sleep. I don’t know why it does this but it helps me get to sleep?

(edited)

I have a rigid body to the point where my body cracks in odd places. My toes. My knees. My fingers and knuckles. My elbows.

I’m not that flexible. In fact, my body cracks so much you might as well call me The Cracken. So far, my physical health is in good condition according to my physician despite all the crackiness of my body.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Adding “My elbow” as well.

(edited)

Oh and I forgot about this too: I twitch, and it's especially bad when I'm stressed and/or I'm cold. My boyfriend tells me it makes me look so adorable when I'm sleeping. That man is so sweet! :wub:

Edited by ~Angel Dust~

Reading these was a fun time. Some real interesting and funny entries.

I have a weird one that happens when I'm dozing off to sleep. If you know the feeling when someone shines a light into your face while you're trying to sleep and you see the light through your eyelids, you'll know what I mean.

So that happens to me, except there is no light. If I were to open my eyes, I'd see a dark room. If I'm asleep enough to not realize it's happening though, sometimes it gets intensely bright and then I hear a loud bang noise, like a gunshot next to my ears. I jolt awake every time. It happens often enough that I can usually catch myself and shake it off before it happens fully now, but it's kinda disconcerting. Sometimes the light even manifests into a dream, where I start to stare at the sun for some reason.

And yes, I have asked my doctor, she has no idea what it is. lol

• Brohoof 1

My eyelashes sometimes twitch. Not the whole eyelids. Just the eyelashes.

My toe cracks super loud super easily. Like I can just be walking up the stairs barefoot and you'll keep hearing a "pop! pop! pop!"

I have bad circulation in my feet of all places.

I get sleep paralysis fairly often. But I can't manage to get my eyes to open when it happens... some people with sleep paralysis have their eyes open and report horrific hallucinations because the mind is still in a dream-like state, so I suppose I'm lucky.

47 minutes ago, Midnight Scribbler said:

I have a weird one that happens when I'm dozing off to sleep. If you know the feeling when someone shines a light into your face while you're trying to sleep and you see the light through your eyelids, you'll know what I mean.

So that happens to me, except there is no light. If I were to open my eyes, I'd see a dark room. If I'm asleep enough to not realize it's happening though, sometimes it gets intensely bright and then I hear a loud bang noise, like a gunshot next to my ears. I jolt awake every time. It happens often enough that I can usually catch myself and shake it off before it happens fully now, but it's kinda disconcerting. Sometimes the light even manifests into a dream, where I start to stare at the sun for some reason.

And this happens to me on occasion, sometimes alongside sleep paralysis. Always freaks me out so I can't fall back asleep for a little while.

• Brohoof 1

I sometimes get a (for lack of better words) a spazy shiver, sometimes when not cold,

On 6/23/2019 at 9:51 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

I am extremely flexible from the waist down. Like, I can bend and twist my legs and feet in all kinds of ways. ^_^ 

Spoiler

Cyclone must really like that :bedeyes:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

How should I explain this... When you move your eyes, it quickly "jumps" and looks in a various directions. Even when trying to do it slowly on purpose, it still feels somewhat...mechanical. But I can move the eyes smoothly and even at whatever speed I want, but only to the right direction. Everything turns blurry when I do this. Maybe you remember those rotary things on playgrounds? Doing it really fast, the vision becomes blurry. It looks like this. :coco:

• Brohoof 2

i can pop out/up a knuckle on my right hand {which looks creepy}
1 finger on my left hand i can bend in scary ways while all my other fingers i can't

I can make my entire right shoulder / shoulderblade crack and roll over each other {this kinda might be left from the car accident though but it's ooff xD}

do these count?

Got a few:

• I have T-Rex arms. Your wingspan is supposed to be roughly 1.05x - 1.1x your height - mine is 180cm but I'm 190cm tall.
  • I have very mild knock knees. 
  • Despite having large arms and large hands, I have tiny little girl wrists. Similarly, I have huge feet but very slender ankles.
  • I experience hair photobleaching - in the summer my hair turns from dark brown to medium(ish) brown, and vice versa in the winter.
  • Brohoof 1

-Sometimes my left eye vision drifts and I see double vision. 

-I can curl my tongue. When I first learned I could do that, I was very surprised to hear that the trait wasn’t common.

-I can sit in a W position with my legs. People have always told me that the position is unhealthy and it prevents you from having a dominant writing hand. I highly doubt any of that’s true.

• Brohoof 2