Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do YOU study for tests?

Invincible

i just grab the book and highlight all the important stuff, then repeat it over and over again.

to be serious, i never really had a method for studying till i got to college, where its study or die,

Depends on the class really. If there's a study guide of some sort, I'll usually fill it out and look over it. I also like to reread notes, and at least parts of the textbook. Ever since I've gotten to college, I've found rereading textbooks to take more time than I have, so I usually just hit the highlights. I also look over relevant assignments. Usually that's enough for me to do well on a test. 

I just take really organized notes and I look them over the night before.

Teachers always insist that doing plenty of homework is your means of exercising your knowledge of the material you learned in class, so that's usually a good means of perfecting your knowledge for the test...no wait, that's for math and science!! For Social Sciences such as history, I would understand the major key points by looking over your notes that you took in your readings (if you did read xD), and also at the details and smaller sections among those key points. For English/Language Arts... same thing.

(edited)

I go on the internet and play the not study game.

Either that, or I'll skim the book and work out some practice problems.

Edited by Regulus
  • Brohoof 1

I don't. When i was in school I was one of those people that would go home and play games or read something other than my text book. 

Would just wing it the next day, lol. 

I try and go through my books and study through them a bit. Write down a few things, try and get in as much studying as I can. Naturally though, the questions that are asked don't normally line up with the book. *rolls eyes* Whatever.

One method that can be helpful is if there's any extra time before said test just cram in some extra studying during that time. Heck, you have to sit there anyways, might as well make the most of it, right? xD

• 4 years later...