Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hotel Rooms for 2015

Bolt the Super-Pony

(edited)

They're available! Get them while they're hot!

I just booked mine last night for $115 a night for Friday and Saturday nights (plus ~$15 in taxes each night; SF is heavy on the taxes!).

What is still unknown is whether or not hotel parking and free WiFi will be included with the hotel rate. I don't really care about the WiFi as much as I care about the parking, because parking is $24 a day!

EDITED BY WEAREBORG to include picture

kJHq9nd.png

Edited by WeAreBorg
to include picture
  • Brohoof 1

They're available! Get them while they're hot!

I just booked mine last night for $115 a night for Friday and Saturday nights (plus ~$15 in taxes each night; SF is heavy on the taxes!).

What is still unknown is whether or not hotel parking and free WiFi will be included with the hotel rate. I don't really care about the WiFi as much as I care about the parking, because parking is $24 a day!

What link are you using?  Going directly to the Hyatt site the rates are $180 a night.  I don't see Babscon having a new link on their website unless I am missing it and I looked a couple of days ago too.

Please share!

• Brohoof 1

What link are you using?  Going directly to the Hyatt site the rates are $180 a night.  I don't see Babscon having a new link on their website unless I am missing it and I looked a couple of days ago too.

I did a quick Google search on this last night and ended up right back at this thread.

The hotel information hasn't been announced yet, so there isn't a link to book the hotel at the convention rate yet, but it should be up soon.

Last year, the hotel did include parking and wifi and there was also a discounted parking rate for convention attendees staying at other hotels.  I'm not sure whether the same will be true this year, but like I said, the hotel information for this year should be up relatively soon.

Have the organizers given any thought to setting up blocks of rooms at hotels other than the Hyatt? The Holiday Inn Express just down the road served me well, and the parking, breakfast, and Wi-Fi were all free.

(edited)
Have the organizers given any thought to setting up blocks of rooms at hotels other than the Hyatt? The Holiday Inn Express just down the road served me well, and the parking, breakfast, and Wi-Fi were all free.

Honestly, other than the breakfast being included, I don't really see any reason why anybody would want to stay anywhere but the Hyatt.   Last year's convention rate for the Hyatt was a really fantastic deal... the rooms were about $200 a night normally, and the con attendees were getting the rooms for $112 plus free wi-fi and parking that wasn't included in the rooms normally.  I'm not sure how much you paid for a room at the Holiday Inn, but when I looked at other hotels last year it was actually more expensive to stay there.

Plus even though the Holiday Inn was close by too, being in the same building as the convention really made the whole experience so much better for me.  I could buy something in the vendor's hall and run it upstairs without having to worry about it.  Plus you were just surrounded by bronies the entire weekend, which was absolutely amazing.  Every elevator ride or walk down the hall inevitably was with a dozen other bronies.

I'm sure eventually as the convention gets bigger more people will have to stay at other hotels and they'll start getting blocks at other hotels to accommodate those people, but until then I'd just recommend sticking with the Hyatt. 

Edited by Simon
  • Brohoof 3

Please share!

I called the hotel line directly and asked them about it. Search for the hotel on Google and you should get a phone number.

I did a quick Google search on this last night and ended up right back at this thread. :lol:

Search for the hotel on Google and you should get a phone number. I'm not exactly sure how you'd book them online; I'm still not quite sure how it even worked last year. :)

Yes. When they ask if you're staying for a conference, mention either "Bay Area Brony Spectacular" or "Harmonious Elements" and you'll be directed to the block of rooms at the discount rate. I just happened to have some extra time and I called as BABSCon mentioned in a reply to my Facebook post that the hotel rooms should be available at around this time. I must have been the first to call, since it didn't sound like they had all of the information together just yet.

Honestly, other than the breakfast being included, I don't really see any reason why anybody would want to stay anywhere but the Hyatt.   Last year's convention rate for the Hyatt was a really fantastic deal... the rooms were about $200 a night normally, and the con attendees were getting the rooms for $112 plus free wi-fi and parking that wasn't included in the rooms normally.  I'm not sure how much you paid for a room at the Holiday Inn, but when I looked at other hotels last year it was actually more expensive to stay there.

Plus even though the Holiday Inn was close by too, being in the same building as the convention really made the whole experience so much better for me.  I could buy something in the vendor's hall and run it upstairs without having to worry about it.  Plus you were just surrounded by bronies the entire weekend, which was absolutely amazing.  Every elevator ride or walk down the hall inevitably was with a dozen other bronies.

I'm sure eventually as the convention gets bigger more people will have to stay at other hotels and they'll start getting blocks at other hotels to accommodate those people, but until then I'd just recommend sticking with the Hyatt. 

I have to agree: being surrounded by other bronies made the experience that much better, and having my room that close was extremely convenient. Running into people in the hallways at 2:00 am was also fun, and I think I might have met the head of PonyvilleLive walking through the hotel hallways!

• Brohoof 3

@@Diva Pony@Lunatic Envy, & @Doc Slide:

Just wanted to let the three of you know that the link for booking rooms is available now.  The information for that and the link to book them is here: http://www.babscon.com/hotel/

Thanks for the info.  I Just found it before I saw your post but it only gives standard rooms and not the exec level.  I emailed to find out why.

Thank you though!

Thanks for the info.  I Just found it before I saw your post but it only gives standard rooms and not the exec level.  I emailed to find out why.

Thank you though!

The website link through your confirmation email will give you the option to upgrade your room after you make your reservation.

The website link through your confirmation email will give you the option to upgrade your room after you make your reservation.

Well that's an odd way of doing it and not the way they did it last year but thank you for the info.  And it was nice meeting you at the BronyTale movie the other night!

(edited)

Just to set the record straight, the reservation process at the end allows you to get on a waiting list of sorts to upgrade IF there is a better room available.  I need to get them to add being able to book the upgrade for sure.  I can see where it would have appeared otherwise especially if you are not interested in doing the upgrade and just glanced at the offer.

Thank you again!

It's later in the day now and I am happy to report that there are now choices for the rooms at the con like there were last year.  It is all posted now thanks to the fast work of the con chair Sonya.  :-)

Edited by Diva Pony
  • Brohoof 2

Babscon.com also posted something about hotel rates. I found some over the weekend for $115 a night. I was thinking of getting a room but I cant afford the whole thing on my own just yet :(

Babscon.com also posted something about hotel rates. I found some over the weekend for $115 a night. I was thinking of getting a room but I cant afford the whole thing on my own just yet :(

If you can afford it by the time the con is you should be fine.

(edited)

Just remember you have to give a credit card to secure the reservation but they don't charge you until you get there.  If you decide you can't go, you can cancel without penalty.  But if you secure the rate early (there is time but I would not wait a long time to do this) you have time to line up a roommate and see what happens.  But at least this way you lock the rate in.  It won't get less expensive than that.

Edited by Diva Pony
  • Brohoof 2

Just remember you have to give a credit card to secure the reservation but they don't charge you until you get there.  If you decide you can't go, you can cancel without penalty.  But if you secure the rate early (there is time but I would not wait a long time to do this) you have time to line up a roommate and see what happens.  But at least this way you lock the rate in.  It won't get less expensive than that.

Even the Holiday Inn across (and down) the street will be more expensive than the discounted Hyatt rates (I checked!).

• Brohoof 1

If you can afford it by the time the con is you should be fine.

Yea, but the thing is I'm saving up for other convention next year also. So it's a little tough ^^!

Even the Holiday Inn across (and down) the street will be more expensive than the discounted Hyatt rates (I checked!).

Word! If my friend wasnt transferring out of the Hyatt (which he works at) Then I wouldnt have such a problem hehe but I'll keep checking around. I'm sure there are going to be people who are going to look for roomates :)

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, but the thing is I'm saving up for other convention next year also. So it's a little tough ^^!

I encourage you to reserve your next years tax refund for fun at BABSCon ;)

All of the room levels have been opened up!

kJHq9nd.png

I got mine today, with the guest you just announced it was kinda the nudge i needed.

Hell of a bombshell, huh? And here I thought the super-sized ball pit was gonna steal the show.

Did the prices go up on the hotel rooms? I was looking at the rooms and came back 2 hours later and the prices seem to have gone up for some of the rooms (Double beds are now $136 instead of $115, and the Regency Club doubles is at $261 when it was at $160). 

In that case will have to grab one before they are all gone

Edited by Stick Shift

Did the prices go up on the hotel rooms? I was looking at the rooms and came back 2 hours later and the prices seem to have gone up for some of the rooms (Double beds are now $136 instead of $115, and the Regency Club doubles is at $261 when it was at $160). 
The BABSCon staff is looking into it right now.  It appears the Friday night is sold out for the Double bed room type and is instead charging the full price, but it could be a mistake.  I'll let you know as soon as that's figured out.
  • Brohoof 2

The BABSCon staff is looking into it right now.  It appears the Friday night is sold out for the Double bed room type and is instead charging the full price, but it could be a mistake.  I'll let you know as soon as that's figured out.

Thanks for looking into it!

OK, I've got my hotel room for both nights, my high society pass is purchased (the linked video is the way I like to say "high society"), and I'm even staying at a nearby hostel Thursday night so I don't have to worry about being late because of traffic (and I get to explore the area a little bit). Oh, and I also called the director at my theater and she gave me the Saturday off!

Then I had this idea...