Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poniverse Newsletter Staff Applications

Jokuc

(edited)

The gates are now closed.

As many of you might know, Poniverse has... or had, a newsletter that was published about once each month. However, for the last few months, no newsletter has been published. This is because a couple of reasons, one of them being a lack of news. However, it is mainly because I (as leader of the project) have been unable to continue working with it due to things I have had to deal with in my life. The staff working with Poniverse do not have any kind of blog or similar where we give information to all Poniverse users. Therefore, the Poniverse newsletter is the only way for us to communicate with our community as a whole. This makes the newsletter quite important and we need to continue to publish it.

My team which I worked with to create the issues we have released so far is sadly no longer capable of doing the job because of various reasons. Because of this, I now need a passionate new crew to create the newsletter. Most of the staff are busy with tasks of their own, so I am now asking you the community for volunteers.

Right now, exactly what the job will be is not yet determined, but it is more or less only a writing job and the team shall help each other with whatever we have on the table. Some of the different things to write about could be for example:

• Pony FM - Write about news/changes to our music archive website where Poniverse users can share their music with the rest of the community.
  • Equestria TV - Write about news/changes to our media streaming website where Poniverse users can watch videos together or watch a livestream of the new MLP episodes.
  • MLP Forums - Write about news/changes or events that has taken place on the forums. This can be everything from new rules, art and merch actions to interesting threads you would like to share.
  • PoniArcade - Write about news/changes to our brony gaming network.
  • The Last Stand of Harmony - Write about news/changes to the upcoming fanmade MLP feature film in collaboration with Poniverse.
  • Interviews - The interview section which we have included in the newsletter was a great add-on and people loved it. Interview people of Poniverse or other known people within the fandom.
  • Featured content - This is one of the sections I have been doing myself, here you can dig up some great art/music/fiction or other creations that you would like to shine some light upon and tell us your thoughts of. Some knowledge about the topic is an advantage. For example, don't review fanfiction if you have never read fanfiction before.
  • Events - Write about events within the brony communiy that might have something to do with Poniverse such as Bronycon.
  • Other - Write about other news that needs to be covered.

Now, what we are looking for is someone who is engaged and motivated to do their job, as well as someone who is passionate about it. We do not want someone who can't spend the time required to do the job. You need to know how to write in an article-sort of style (well, at least kinda. Don't worry, I'm not super strict) and you need to know how to write a text where you clearly show your own opinions as well as how to write from a neutral standpoint, if required. Some knowledge about Poniverse and its sites is welcomed. It is preferred if you have somewhat good grammar, however eventual mistakes can be fixed before release by the rest of the team. Last but not least, we need to be able to contact you. If you know already that you are away a lot of the time, this is probably not your job (don't worry if you're away at work or similar, as long as we do not have to wait three days before you answer us it should work fine). It is important that the team stays in touch with each other so we can discuss things when needed. This has been the major problem in the past, me or another member of the crew has asked something in the Skype group chat and has not gotten an answer for many days. Therefore, you must check up on our joint conversation every now and then to catch up on eventual changes or questions.

Right now it is unclear how many people we need, but too many is better than too few. If two people are away, the newsletter must be able to continue anyways.

To apply: Send me (Jokuc) a message by going to my profile or press this button -> img-2192711-1-6hUJL.png

The title of the message should be properly titled "Newsletter job application" and you must include a reason why you want to contribute as well as why I should pick just you for the job. Please tell me if you have experience or knowledge that in some way could be positive for the work on the newsletter. If you wish to show us some of your work, you could write a little text about something in the brony fandom so we can tell whether you will do for the writing part or not, however this is not required. Each application will be read by me and I will pick out a couple that I think look promising. The administrators will then make the final picks.

Note: You will NOT get paid for this job, neither will you get any fancy features here on MLP Forums. Those who apply should apply because they want to help and provide the community with something.

The deadline is July 20th.

If you wish to look at some examples of the previous issues of the newsletter, you can find some here: #1, #2, #3, #4

Our goal is to make the newsletter better than the previous issues, but after doing a few issues now, I know that is not as easy as it sounds. Yes, the writing part is not super hard, but the difficult part is to find something interesting to write about. This has been one of the major problems for us before. That being said, it's not a hard job if you just finish your part, I mean if you know what to write, then it'll be super easy. It is just one newsletter a month after all.

If you have any questions or thoughts, please post them in this thread and I will respond as fast as possible.

tl;dr:

blah blah as you might know, blah blah, we had a newsletter blah blah

it's been inactive, blah blah, ponies ponies ponies

sorry 'bout that, blah

fun fun fun

we want to start up the newsletter

blah blah blah

we need help

blah blah blah

we need people to:

-blah
-blah
-blah

we need X people

you should be blah blah blah, passionate, contactable

blah blah, gtfo if you're lazy lel jokuc is a lazy person himself

blaaaah

you could maybe write about something and send it in to show us your writing style .... ....blah blah blah

blah blah blah, pm me the application

you will not get paid, dis b job 4 fun/being kind

poni poni poni
dis gonna b fun fun fun!

img-2798395-2-y8ZZwcU.gif

wohoo first CC post #lifecomplete

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 16

(edited)

I may consider a position for MLP forums Newsletter, Jokuc. Currently mobile but ill give you my confirmation tonight, if thats alright with you, :).

EDIT: I was gonna consider doing Last Stand of Harmony, but I unfortunately won't be available for that one, due to my MLP Feature Film.

Edited by Thunder-Wing
  • Brohoof 1

Glad to see you're looking for a team. Good luck to your applicants, and I hope to see a new newsletter soon!

• Brohoof 3

Well,right now I can't work on a proper application,but tomorrow I'll work on one.
I may consider an application for PonyFM(what can I say?I love music <3 ),PoniArcade(my gaming side has been increasing lately),or directly MLPForums Newsletter.

Oh wow, suddenly I have a whole load of free time in my hands for my future and this has popped up! And writing articles too, love writing. 
I may apply for the MLP Forums and Last Stand/WiH, since WiH's promo for everfree was finished not long ago and they are making some headway with their animations for Last Stand

• Brohoof 1

If I wasn't already preoccupied with activities of my own on the staff (working with the new Poniverse PR team), I probably would look into some position for this.  I do look forward to seeing the newsletter get started up again, the few issues that were already released were quite excellent if I do say so myself.  Good luck finding some new staffers and volunteers for these positions, Jokuc!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

However, it is mainly because I (as leader of the project) has been unable

You meant "have", not "has".

So does this mean I can be the grammar editor? XD

Just kidding, I've applied and I HIGHLY encourage everybody to join me.  Writing is a lot of fun and so was this newsletter.  Even if you don't want to write too much, I'm sure we would need people who are in the loop of things as well. 

• Brohoof 1

I forgot to ask:

1. Will we be the only ones doing a newsletter, or will we have a second individual performing edits, once we finish.

2. In MLP Forums, will we also include "tech updates and alerts", for instance, if tech admins perform maintenance, will we be writing up as part of the newsletter an Early Alert to all members.

I forgot to ask:

1. Will we be the only ones doing a newsletter, or will we have a second individual performing edits, once we finish.

2. In MLP Forums, will we also include "tech updates and alerts", for instance, if tech admins perform maintenance, will we be writing up as part of the newsletter an Early Alert to all members.

The document will be accessible for the whole team. Once your text is finished, everyone can read it through and tell their opinions. There won't be anyone who works as editor only.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but if MLP Forums has been laggy lately and the administrators has fixed it, writing about that is something we could do, yes. It depends on how big the problem has been etc.

The document will be accessible for the whole team. Once your text is finished, everyone can read it through and tell their opinions. There won't be anyone who works as editor only.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but if MLP Forums has been laggy lately and the administrators has fixed it, writing about that is something we could do, yes. It depends on how big the problem has been etc.

Okay then.   I'm gonna write up an application/PM and submit it to you in a few, :D

• Brohoof 1