Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Animal Crossing Thread

Magpie

(edited)

So I've been playing animal crossing new leaf recently, and decided a thread like this would be a great place to discuss the games, trade between players, visit other people's towns, etc.I figure it'll mostly be about new leaf, seeing as it's the newest one. In particular I'm looking for cherries, and will offer apples, oranges, or something else we can discuss. 

Friend code: 5370-0639-9783

Edited by Brosparkles

Well, well, well you are in luck my friend. Well, okay, maybe not the best luck as all I can offer you are pears and peaches, though i am more than willing to give away a bunch of perfect pears. Also, side note, i recently restarted my game so I won't be decked out with bling or rare items or whatever. This information may not be necessary, but i thought i would mention it anyway. 

Friend code: 2766 - 8328 - 6967

Well, well, well you are in luck my friend. Well, okay, maybe not the best luck as all I can offer you are pears and peaches, though i am more than willing to give away a bunch of perfect pears. Also, side note, i recently restarted my game so I won't be decked out with bling or rare items or whatever. This information may not be necessary, but i thought i would mention it anyway. 

Friend code: 2766 - 8328 - 6967

A pear and a peach for an apple and an orange sound good to you? They don't have to be perfect, I'm just looking to grow them in my town.

A pear and a peach for an apple and an orange sound good to you? They don't have to be perfect, I'm just looking to grow them in my town.

sounds good, I'll throw a perfect pair or two at you anyway. I have way too many of them

sounds good, I'll throw a perfect pair or two at you anyway. I have way too many of them

Okay, I have you registered, and I can open my gates or go to your town, whichever you prefer.

Okay, I have you registered, and I can open my gates or go to your town, whichever you prefer.

eh, i'll come to yours (post limit post limit post limit)      

Animal Crossing used to be my favorite series ever, but I believe that the appeal has been lost for me. =(

I really disliked City Folk, and I thought that playing it for only a month was just because it was such a poorly done title. However, when I got New Leaf, I didn't do much better, despite it being the best sequel by a longshot that we've ever gotten out of this series.

I will probably follow each title, but I'm afraid the 'magic' is lost. =(

Animal Crossing used to be my favorite series ever, but I believe that the appeal has been lost for me. =(

I really disliked City Folk, and I thought that playing it for only a month was just because it was such a poorly done title. However, when I got New Leaf, I didn't do much better, despite it being the best sequel by a longshot that we've ever gotten out of this series.

I will probably follow each title, but I'm afraid the 'magic' is lost. =(

I can see how you would not like the series, it is very specific in what it does and what it sets out to do. In fact I hate most Life Sims and I really don't know why I have been coming back to New Leaf, as I down right despise some of the features and gimmicks it has. I think the hypnotism of the Animal Crossing has no effect on you. 

Huh, I never heard much about city folk, I had wild world for the DS and never actually got city folk. By the time I had considered buying it new leaf had been announced so I figured I'd just wait for that.

(edited)

I don't have my 3DS on me right now...but I'll post my friend code up soon.

I only really ever played pokemon on my handhelds...but gave New Leaf a try when I saw Fauna

tumblr_mowu24ly6E1rxrwsco1_500.png

Pikachu+best.jpg

I have Erik, Beau, Fauna, and Lopez right now...I did have Bruce, but the grumpbutt moved out without so much as saying goodbye :(

I have a wide variety of fruit trees, if anyone needs fruit....

Edited by Treble Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I don't have my 3DS on me right now...but I'll post my friend code up soon.

I only really ever played pokemon on my handhelds...but gave New Leaf a try when I saw Fauna

img-2812850-1-tumblr_mowu24ly6E1rxrwsco1

img-2812850-2-Pikachu%20best.jpg

I have Erik, Beau, Fauna, and Lopez right now...I did have Bruce, but the grumpbutt moved out without so much as saying goodbye :(

I have a wide variety of fruit trees, if anyone needs fruit....

I have Diana, I've heard a lot about her but I guess I don't see the big deal.

I can see how you would not like the series, it is very specific in what it does and what it sets out to do. In fact I hate most Life Sims and I really don't know why I have been coming back to New Leaf, as I down right despise some of the features and gimmicks it has. I think the hypnotism of the Animal Crossing has no effect on you. 

The thing is that when I first played Animal Crossing GCN I thought it was the best thing ever, and I became a slight bit obsessed with it... Ever since I discovered Life Sim games I have found they were the most fitting for me. So it's not like I don't "get" Animal Crossing. I just grew out of it, I guess. D:

How sad is it... I grew out of Animal Crossing, and now EA has screwed up The Sims series and so I'm done with it as well... So no more Life Sims for me. =(

The thing is that when I first played Animal Crossing GCN I thought it was the best thing ever, and I became a slight bit obsessed with it... Ever since I discovered Life Sim games I have found they were the most fitting for me. So it's not like I don't "get" Animal Crossing. I just grew out of it, I guess. D:

How sad is it... I grew out of Animal Crossing, and now EA has screwed up The Sims series and so I'm done with it as well... So no more Life Sims for me. =(

You ever play harvest moon? That was another one I liked, although not quite as much as Animal Crossing. Never liked the sims that much myself, although I enjoyed building houses. (The reason I hated the one for the Wii, it only had premade houses.

I have Diana, I've heard a lot about her but I guess I don't see the big deal.

I L.O.V.E deer! I have a vast collection of stuffed animals, and they are overall my favorite animal of the animal kingdom.  Fauna is a normal villager, and was an original when I moved in. I just think she's so cute! :catface:

I also like Lopez, but that's mainly because I get random letters from him that hint at him having a crush on me. ^_^

(edited)

I L.O.V.E deer! I have a vast collection of stuffed animals, and they are overall my favorite animal of the animal kingdom.  Fauna is a normal villager, and was an original when I moved in. I just think she's so cute! :catface:

I also like Lopez, but that's mainly because I get random letters from him that hint at him having a crush on me. ^_^

My favorites were always the squirrels, in particular Caroline, the one I have now, also an original when I moved. I also like the rabbit species of villager, except for the one I have, Genji. I found him kinda annoying.

We get lots of deer around our house, so I guess I just never thought they were anything special. They constantly run out into the road and scare you when you're driving, and they always eat our bushes. >_>

I kinda wish the hedgehog type villager was available for more than the Able sisters. Sable is one of my favorite characters in the game.

Edited by Brosparkles

(edited)

I just got Animal crossing  New leaf so I don't know my friend code (well I don't know how to get one... but I may say when I find out but I gotta say I strangely seem to like (as a friend) Wolfgang and Ruby the games pretty awesome. :D

Edited by Everleaf

I just got Animal crossing  New leaf so I don't know my friend code (well I don't know how to get one... but I may say when I find out but I gotta say I strangely seem to like (as a friend) Wolfgang and Ruby the games pretty awesome. :D

To get your friend code you go to your 3ds home screen, click the friends icon (The orange smiling face) then go to your name in the list, it'll be on the top screen beneath your name. It's used for adding people to your friends list for online play, for examnple, in animal crossing your can use it to visit other people's towns.

You ever play harvest moon? That was another one I liked, although not quite as much as Animal Crossing. Never liked the sims that much myself, although I enjoyed building houses. (The reason I hated the one for the Wii, it only had premade houses.

I played Another Wonderful Life on the GCN and really enjoyed it, but I've never seen any titles quite like it since, and I never actually was able to get the game beyond renting, so I haven't played it in, like, 10 years. =(

The Sims is not a console franchise. They totally changed it up and watered it down for every console release. I first played The Sims on the GCN, and I really did not like it at all. I found it to frustrating, but when I heard of the PC version with all of the custimization and Custom Content made by other people who played the series, I gave it a second shot and really liked it.

But this topic isn't about those series, or my "growing out" of Animal Crossing, so carry on. =(

I've been playing New Leaf since January, and I've been loving it. Such a relaxing game, something I've been needing for a long time. One of these days I want to give the GameCube version a go.

Friend Code is 4527-8904-4489. I'm only taking visits by appointment only!

Kentari's current Dream Code is 5400-4224-8043

I have New Leaf as a Digital Copy right now so apparently I have caught up on everything except for hard-to-catch bugs and T&T Emporium. Right now, I'm making money so I'm at 50m bells in my savings also I've been keeping track of my turnip prices so apparently I should be having a spike by tomorrow (wednesday, 7-9-14) or thursday. I'm trying to get 100m bells in my savings to get a ABD so I don't have to walk over to the post office and use the ABD there.

Here's my Friend code for those of you guys that need it although I'm not taking visitors right now unless it's for people that are selling turnips. 2363-5641-1771. If I get the high turnip price, I'll let you guys know.

I see I'm not alone as an AC fan here! I own every version, I've become obsessed since getting my GC copy back in 2002 =') I'm very pleased with New Leaf, seems with each new game they get more and more addicting, not that I'm complaining ^-^ I'm most attached to the Gamcube version because I grew up with it most, and Wild World, because I have such fond memories playing it with all my childhood friends. I tend to compare every other life sim to AC, so really, I haven't found many others that I enjoy quite as much. I'm partial to the cat villagers, my favorites are Tabby, Kiki, Mitzi, Bob, and Purrl. I always make sure when starting out in a new town, at least one of them are a resident in my town. Took me nearly two hours of resetting to get one of 'em in my town when I first got New Leaf. Am I the only one that does this? ^_~

I am a huge AC fan and play it like every day... New Leaf that is. Ill post my friend code eventually, but for now, I really enjoy New Leaf and find it to be a very solid entry in the AC series. There is so much to do and its just so much fun. I actually play it mostly with my Girlfriend. I don't have much yet, but I'm gettting there, unless you count that Play Coin stuff then I have a freak ton... I bought way to many fortune cookies.

I don't have much yet, but I'm gettting there, unless you count that Play Coin stuff then I have a freak ton... I bought way to many fortune cookies.

Yeah, I did the same thing. I'd get 10 coins a day from walking around, then spend em all on fortune cookies. I have a whole video game type room out of the stuff I got.