Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Downtime Announcement

Lavo

Hallo there!

I've crawled out of my hole to post a quick announcement that over this weekend I will be rebuilding the server that all Poniverse sites, including this one, are hosted on.

So be aware that the site may become unresponsive and will be down at times as I fiddle with moving it across to a new server.

For those who are subscribed to this forum I must issue an apology, you may have just received an email titled "WARNING: DOWNTIME IMMINENT" ignore that, I was messing around with silly titles and somehow managed to hit the enter button and post it. :3

Now if you don't mind me I've got a server to break!

• Brohoof 18

Will the website be down for the whole weekend or just every now and then throughout the weekend?

(If I'm not supposed to reply to these, I apologize.)

Will the website be down for the whole weekend or just every now and then throughout the weekend?

(If I'm not supposed to reply to these, I apologize.)

Most likely every now and then, but rest in ease as I'll be starting on it tomorrow :)

• Brohoof 3

No problem at all Lavo. I'm glad you made this announcement for i was gonna ask as a suggestion to you to alert all members about the issue in a short message title displayed on the main page including a link to this thread. I wanted to ask, for i was unable to reach the sites ip through cmd, i have a feeling that the 504 gateway error may have caused this bug you are fighting. I personally would have to see the device myself, but i would like to know how it turns out, :D.

Thanks for the heads up. There's nothing worse than to be working on a long post only to have the site implode without warning the moment you go to submit it. I know that I'll be pasting everything into Word to be safe.

Good luck!

Don't fiddle too much with the server: I've got some expensive silverware stored in some of the cabinets!

• Brohoof 5

If any of my PMs is lost,Lavo,you'll have won a powerful enemy... :okiedokielokie:

I hope that this rebuild can fix the 504 Gateway Errors that we had on the past,and thank you for warning everyone with time,just in caseI was expecting a sudden downtime lol

Anyways,just remember to not destroy anything pressing again accidentlaly that Enter button :3

• Brohoof 1

Do what you gotta do. We members appreciate your efforts in making sure this forum is as functional as can be. :)

Time to copy and paste my profile on a word document. :D

Can't wait to see how the site is after the updates.

and an off topic question: (why can't i access my "contents i follow"?)

This is one of the issues that are being planned to be fixed over this weekend. Currently anything that requires IPBoard's search function doesn't work.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This is one of the issues that are being planned to be fixed over this weekend. Currently anything that requires IPBoard's search function doesn't work.

Ok thanks but i think you guys need something like "sorry the search function cannot work due to maintenance" other than "sorry nothing new" for a moment i thought i was banned

Edited by Desert guardian

Is this why we can't see our posts? Is the website going to be offline? What about the world cup final? Will that have to be on the 20th? We have been trying to access our posts but it says that 'there is no info'. Will this be sorted in a day? a week? If your moving server than i may say a week.

This would explain why the mods seemed to have dropped off lately lol. SCS went underground a little ways back, this explains it :P I am glad that everything is getting an upgrade soon, always love to see that the people in charge of forums are actually keeping track of it all so it stays strong for us. Can't say I will enjoy the server going spotty for awhile, but I would rather things get an upgrade than degrade & eventually be useless  :o On the bright side, guess I'll finally have time to work on all that stuff I have been meaning to do  :P

I have a question..

are the topics we created affected?

cause my topics are GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're not gone.

Recently,a bug affected that section of the forums,and it doesn't show the topics where an user participed.

With Lavo's work with the server,it should be fixed soon

YAY!!!  Construction! :yay:  Best of luck with all your endeavors this weekend Lavo, and many thanks for the heads up.  :muffins:

Pinkie_Pie_as_a_construction_pony_S4E12.

Stay safe everypony; this is now, after all, a *puts on shades* construction site;)   BOOM, MIC DROP, I'M OUT!!!  :yay:

• Brohoof 1