Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Tainted Thought

Monotone

daydream wakes up, woozy. he was tied to a chair in a purple room, looking up he sees that he is in an extremely purple room, a purple pony looks at him with purple eyes while another purple pony aims purple magic towards daydream in the corner. no, wait, it wasn't that everything is purple, a field of purple magic was envelloping his head, eminating from the unicorn in the corner. he tried to ask the other pony, who was looking at the blood and flesh covered pony with a look of deepest disgust. daydream tried to say something but his words seemed to just become a mashed mumbling bumble in his mouth. "whome wantyou?" what he intended to say was "who are you, what do you want with me." but that didn't seem to be working.

"don't try and speak, my friend here is tring to cast a manipulation spell on you." said the earth pony, not changing from his look of disgust.

"i will tell you everything you want to know. trust me, it's more decency than you deserve." said he, sitting on a chair opposite daydream. "i am... actually, that doesen't matter. what matters is that you murdered all of my kids. and if it was not you directly then the orders came from you." not saying anything, daydream looked at the pony for a moment with a look of cold sorrow. but, realising that this pony was going to kill him, smiled a menacing smile. this pony did not deserve his sorrow.

the smile only seemed to anger the pony. he bought himself closer to daydream, for a moment daydream though he was going to kiss him. whispering, the earth pony spits a few centences at daydream, "i saw what you did outside. sick. you are sick. did you do that to my daughters, my son? were they mutilated beyond recognition as the... leakage was captured and thrown over other unsuspecting children you sick FUCK!"

daydream smiles a smile at the pony, knowing that he is afraid. "but you don't matter any more. that unicorn, the spell. are you not wondering why that is happening?"

daydream did not know much about magic but he did know that manipulation spells were very illegal. "we're risking jail for you. who knows, maybe we'll find you there." the pony paused for effect.

"at this very moment, he is programming you to kill rainbow dash. in the middle of a hospital, you will be captured and taken away, unable to harm the public any more."

'it's an alright plan, i guess.' says daydream to himself. "any moment now, he will be don--" the pony stopped, hearing a noise from outside. gunshots.

no one speaks. the unicorn in the corner almost breaks the magical connection to daydream's skull.

the gunshots get closer, and them stop. and then, bursting through the door, monotone, guns up, splattered in almost as much blood as daydream.

daydream wanted to tell him to go for the unicorn currently re-wiring his mind but he believes it came out as something more like; "UNICORNER..."

Monotone threw himself behind a tree, three guards made their way out of the cave: a unicorn, a pegasus and an earth pony. They surveyed the area. Pacing around to find whoever produced that gun shot.

Monotone stood behind the trunk, regulating his breathing, preparing himself for the inevitable fire fight.

He peeked over, just ever so slightly getting the guards in viewing distance. One of them swung around and spotted him.

"He's there!" The pegasus guard peppered the bark with a burst of fire from his assault rifle that he held in his hooves, whilst he back peddled behind a rock. The rest of the guards leapt behind cover. Monotone waited for the right moment. He heard more gunfire and then the infamous clicking sound. "S**t I'm out!".

Monotone jumped from cover and a shell ripped its self through the body of the unicorn floating two pistols beside him. The unicorn hit the ground in a bloody mess. 

Monotone rolled when he hit the floor, quickly standing back up to hear gunfire coming from above, the pegasus.

The ground was riddled with bullets, each one missing Monotone's small frame.

Monotone ran and weaved between the hail of bullets. Again, the clicking.

Monotone stopped, skidding and spinning around before shooting the retreating pegasus out if the sky.

The earth pony leaped from cover, bucking the shotgun out of the way, making the magic around it implode, leaving it flying out of range. They held a very menacing looking knife in their mouth and wildly swung at Monotone.

He ducked and jumped out of the way of the slashes before finding an opening when the earth pony swung a little too hard and very slightly lost balance.

He quickly turned around and bucked the earth ponies fore hoof, snapping the bone clean. The earth pony fell to the dirt in a painful thud. Monotone quickly floated the knife out of the stallions mouth and stabbed him in the jugular.  

Monotone quickly responded to Daydream's slurred speech with a swift shot to the unicorn's neck. The magic faded around daydream and left him in a dreary state.

The earth pony quickly drew a pistol, but was only met with buckshot digging into his shoulder, making the pistol slide across the floor.

The stallion was thrown to the ground, holding his right shoulder with his left fore-hoof. He crawled back to get away from Monotone, but he knew his attempts would be fruitless.

Monotone stood over the earth pony and raised his shotgun, ready to pull the trigger.

"Wait!". Monotone stopped from the stallions request, he was about end to this ponies life, he may as well let him have his final words.

"Before you kill me...." He stopped, the pain was too much for him to talk consistently. "Ask yourself this.... Is that pony..." He looked towards Daydream "Really the pony worth protecting?"

The earth pony waited for a response. Monotone couldn't think about how to respond, so he put the stallion out of his misery.

He made his way over to Daydream and untied him. Daydream flopped on to the ground, too exhausted to land on his feet.

Monotone then trotted over to a small cage in the back. It was holding the crooked eyed mare. She didn't seem to move, was she dead? No, she's just passed out. Monotone shoved a key that he took from the earth ponies corpse into the lock and threw the cage door open. He swung her into his back. 'Is that the pony worth protecting?'. Those words were already beginning to ring through Monotone's mind, and probably for a long time to come.

(edited)

"LEMONS!" daydream shouted. "i dont like pines so i kill lemons."

what he had intended to say was more along the lines of 'we need to get out of here, there are probably more mercs who havent realised the boss is dead yet.' but it just wasnt happening.

he turned to watch monotone cross the room, noticing the unconcious ditzy doo. when monotone threw the door open daydream runs to the mare. picking her up and examining her he says; "go to school! i need to collect some new wings!"

he really hoped that this wore off.

the mare blinked a couple of times and opened her eyes. one of her eyes was already developing a bruise around it. seeing him she leaps at him, hugging him in a way that stopped him breathing. "definitly, i am an angry blowfish."

she doesent have enough time to show him her confused look before the sounds of running ponies reach their ears. without a word, monotone grabs the couple, draging them towards the door.

seven minutes and thirty-seven seconds later the three of them emerge, monotone now just as blood soaked as daydream who could not be any more blood soaked and derpy, only slightly blood soaked but only now realising how blood soaked the other two are in general.

monotone stops at the entrance to the cave when he hears a large crack behind him. looking around he sees daydream slinging an unconcious ditzy doo on his back. "why did you do that?" asks monotone. "because of that." says daydream, seeming to gain more controll over his speech. he points a forehoof to the desacrated corpses strung up in the trees ouside the entrance. before monotone can say anything about this daydream sprints off.

ditzy doo wakes up to a warm sensation all over her. she was in a bath. opening her eyes she sees that, judjing by the large crack in the celing from an accident she once had, this was, in fact, her bath. she lifts her head so that she is looking as forewards as she can and sees a familliar grey pegasus fiddling with the tap.

"this is actually the second lot of water. i don't know how water bills work in ponyville cause i usually don't pay the taxes but..."

"what... happened?" asked ditzy.

"well... you see..." daydream knew he needed to approach this lightly. he had no idea if she remembered him punching her because he had lost his idea of how hard to punch people to make them forget. "you got kidnapped by some people who were... very bad... and i... i saved you..." and then he added; "and monotone too i guess."

"really? you saved me?" she said.

"don't act so surprised."

"wow, daydream, when those guys broke into my house i was so scared. they hit me but i knew you would save me."

"you... you did?" said daydream.

"yeah, silly. or we couldn't go on a second date!" she replied

the words second date made daydreams entire mind pause. he started to drift off into his mind. the words 'second date' took up most of the space, but a dark cloud washed over them as immages of those two ponies from earlier--

"daydream? wakey wakey?" she was waving a hoof in front of his face, pulling him away from those thoughts. "i'm here. you clean? you had some... stuff... on you." he says.

"yeah, i can't see anything," she replied, inspecting herself. she gets up and does a small circle in the bath, like a dog chasing its tail. when she sits back down she is facing the wrong way. daydream takes this opportunity to grab her from behind and pull her to him so she is resting in his lap.

meanwhile monotone is at home. having cleaned himself off without any... distractions, he unpacks his sadle bags and thinks on that he has learned about the pony staying under the same roof as he.

Edited by Daydreamdash

Monotone sat on his bed, staring outside the window to watch Celestia drag the sun behind the rolling hills. His hind leg bounced up and down, he looked nervous. 'If Daydream is capable of that, i don't want to know what happens if i piss him off... well, if i don't get to him first anyway'.

He heard the door handle being pulled, but the door didn't open. It was then followed by an impatient knock at the door.

Monotone limped down the stairs and opened the door to, of course, find Daydream outisde.

"Well Monotone, I don't know about you but I am pretty tired" He walked around Monotone and headed for the staircase, but he was stopped by a familiar clack of metal.

Daydream spun around to find Monotone holding a small pistol pinting in his direction.

"...you are going to tell me everything, and i mean everything. I need to know why i risked my life for you, and how or why you did... what you did earlier." Monotone stood there weakly, his speech shaky and desperate. He was really beginning to show fatigue from the past two weeks.   

"Look Monotone-"

"Sit down, now" Monotone gestured the gun towards the kitchen table.

They both walked to the table. Monotone not breaking eye contact with the blue maned pegasus.

They sat opposite each other, The gun still trained at Daydream.

"You are going to give me the most meticulous detail on how we are here right now Daydream, am i clear?"

Daydream slowly nodded

"Good, go on then." Monotone commanded. He probably wasn't going to like what he was going to hear, but he deserved the truth. 

daydream had expected this, in fact, he had counted on it. he was thinking about this very moment on the way home but now he just stood, staring silently in to the cold eyes of monotone with his own, rejuvinated joyfully distant eyes. "what do you know of cloudsdale?" he asked monotone after a while. before monotone had time to awnser daydream buts in and replies to himself;

"the centre of weather controll correct. a place where pegasi live and joyfully play. yes?" he stares at monotone, monotone's expression hasn't changed.

"did you know that cloudsdale is a lie. it is a place of evil and corruption. the government consists of the military generals and the public obeys their every word out of fear for them and their loved ones."

he pauses for effect. eyes growing colder, rivaling monotone with each sylable.

"it is a crime to speak out against the governing body of couldsdale and that crime is punishable by death. my father, he was a grat stallion who worked for the central weather controll doing the news. but he was in that job for a reason that none of his co workers knew about. from his news station he could broadcast to the whole of cloudsdale and some parts of various cites on the ground including manehattan."

he looks at monotone who seemed unsure where this was going.

"he broadcast the truth. he locked himself in his broadcast station and told everyone what was going down. he told them about the dictatorship of cloudsdale and the slums and everone could hear it.  or, at least, they would have been able to, if he hadn't been shot there and then. they paraded him through the streets. calling hima heathen and a betrayer. no one cheered. they collecively mourned, no more than me and my mother. i grew up, constantly hating cloudsdale even more than the other pegasi around me. they try to brainwash you into believing you love it there but i never listened. i was always reminded of what my father told me every day. i disconnected myself. i had a lot of time to think in school, the brainwashing never worked on me. they didn't even use magic. magic can be reversed you see.

the day before my flight test i did something i had been planning for years. me and my mother. we snuck into the governers house. the head governor and general. my mother distracted the guards and i went in. they caught my mother first. they only caught me when they came back a good hour later. my first kill. my first murder. he once sat in a throne of lies and now i had ascended him."

the tome of daydreams voice sounded proud. he spat his words and gritted his teeth. monotone gripped a gun with his magic just a little harder.

"now he was my throne. and i sat and held the head which so many feared. they caught me but not before i had my revenge.

killing him put me and my mother straight on death row. i had to watch my mother walk the long mile, wings clipped and cutie mark burned off. they had done their aweful things to her first, i  think it was just because i pleaded for them not to. i never saw her after she walked through the doors at the end of the hall.

it was on that same day that she came. she offered me a way out. she offered me a job where my work could be appreciated--"

"who?" interjected monotone.

"rainbow dash." said daydream in response.

monotone stared at the pegasus, inside so many questions burned but he needed to knowhow this ended.

"long story short"

'too late' thought monotone.

"i left the rainbow factory because i thought that one day the parents of the kids would find out. and guess what..." daydream paused, thinking about something.

"i tried to stop but they forced me to it. i don't want to be a murderer... but it is so hard to stop." daydream ended.

"now you know. shall i pack my thing and go?"

(edited)

Monotone didn't know how to respond.

Sure he's f**ked up beyond belief, but is it really his fault? No, no he's a monster, i saw what he did near that cave, no pony should do that. He killed those ponies and many others before them, probably in much more gruesome and horrific ways . He ruined the lives of many and killed many more and that cannot be forgiven. Meaning I'm just as bad as him, i've killed just as many ponies, if not more. But they deserved it, all of them. Then again those ponies would have been fathers, mothers, spouses... who's the monster out of the two of us?

The back and forth argument waged in Monotone's head as he stared at Daydream. The pistol shook, the trigger slowly squeezed. Daydream noticed this and shot a look of terror at Monotone.

The gun flew across the room, landing under the sofa and out of Monotone's range.

Daydream breathed a sigh of relief. Monotone held his head and wondered if what he did was right.

"I was thinking about which is the monster, the one who the other should hide from... be afraid of..." Monotone muttered not making eye contact until he raised his head in Daydream's direction. "I've realised that we are both monsters, we should be afraid of each other... we have both killed, and enjoyed it. We are no different. So i gave us two options, both of us live, or both of us die."

"I can see which option you chose" Daydream interjected

"And i hate it"

The two stallions sat on the coush, watching the hypnotising flames of the crackling fire.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Daydream asked, breaking the awkward silence that hung around the air like a bad smell

"what?" Monotone blurted out in confusion.

"Well you know... you don't seem to have a job, yet have this house. And you seem to hate pony kind, and ponyville is probably the friendliest place in Equestria. But you moved here anyway."

"I guess you deserve an explanation, because you've been such a good boy.

Well you see, Ponyville is home to the elements of harmony. You know, the six mares that have managed to save Equestria several times. "

"riiight..."

"Well, considering the Everfree forest is right next to Ponyville ,the six mares who have saved Equestria have a very high chance of dying."

"Okay"

"And seeming as princess Celestia and Luna quite like equestria in its currently not blown up or enslaved state they need some pony to protect the elements of harmony.

As princess Twilight has rejected any guards to come and protect Ponyville she is very vulnerable.

They needed one pony to make sure everything is in line, as to make sure Twilight didn't get suspicious. Seeming as a large group of ponies would raise many more eyebrows they only needed one.

That's where I come in.

With my proficient skill in making ponies, creatures and many other things that can be a potential threat slightly less alive, they hoof-picked me.

Many higher up ponies objected to this as I was only a low rank of the royal guard. But unlike everypony ,i passed every test and requirement with flying colours, despite how experienced every other pony was. They offered me a lot of money and instant promotions to high ranking positions, but i only really wanted to do this to break from the monotony of standing in front of a gate in 12 hour shifts."

"Well if the Elements of harmony are so vital to have to keep protected... Why did you protect me instead of Rainbow Dash?"

"Because you're my... you're my... friend..." Monotone's face sagged, as if to suggest he was disappointed with himself that he actually made a friend.

Edited by Monotone

from the moment montone threw away the gun daydream had known he would not kill him. he even flashed several nasty grins at monotone during their following conversation. but he was genuinley suprised when he had said they were friends. daydream liked making new friends. especially ones here in ponyville. they reminded him that the world was not simply full of pain. but he had never expected monotone to gain emotional attatchments to him. 'or' a voice in daydream's head whispered, 'for us to gain attatchments to him'.

looking over at the unicorn stallion sat next to him he stares for a few seconds before saying; "i am glad you said that."

monotone glances at daydream in what is probably the most sheepish way it is physically possible to look.

the next day monotone did not wake daydream up, this caused daydream to remember that not only had he been fired from his job but his boss was still in hospital.

whelp, he had the entire day free and had no idea what to do with it. going into the kitchen he sees that monotone is already there, eating away, he barely glances up when daydream enters.

"i'll probably spend the day at derpy's, is that cool." said daydream as he put away his stuff from breakfast and prepared to leave.

"yeah, thats cool." said monotone, distracted by something.

daydream looks outside the window, autumn leaves lie on the ground and hang to the trees. 'winter is coming.' daydream thinks to himself. starting to feel glad he was out of a job. the winter weather was always hell.

he prepares to take off, planning on heading straight to ditzy doo's.

(edited)

Monotone stared out the window, thinking about everything that has happened so far. Should he really have saved Daydream's life. It's hardly been a day and was already going back on his decision. 

His concentration was broken by a purple flash of light outside, followed by his door getting smashed by some pony's hoof. 

Monotone quickly slid out of his chair, making his way to the door. His limp was now starting to fade, thankfully.

He creaked the entrance open to find a purple alicorn standing outside his door

"Can i help you ms.Sparkle?"

"Did you have anything to do with this!?" She shoved a Newspaper Monotone's muzzle, the headline stated. 'Everfree Forest massacre!' The rest all just seemed like drivel to Monotone.

"What? no! Of course not"

Twilight couldn't tell if he was lying, his voice never changed pitch no matter what. He was usually honest though, even if he said things that were best left unsaid, so she gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Monotone noticed she didn't look too well.

"You okay Twilight?" 

"It's just awful! I'm supposed to be protecting these ponies, teaching them about friendship... and they're murdering each other!"

Tears of frustration rolled down her cheeks

"Hey look" Monotone couldn't believe he was about to support the hoity-toity pony, but he needed to blend in with other ponies "It's not your fault..." 

She nestled her face in Monotone's neck and wrapped her hoof around his back, Tears flowing from her eyes. 

'Oh great, i have to be supportive'

"you should probably come in... its getting a bit chilly outside"

"Th-thank you"

Feigning compassion was probably one of the hardest tasks Monotone had to try to accomplish, much harder than killing a group of mercenaries.

"You've changed Monotone" Twilight said, resting her back on the sofa. "I never thought you would"

He sat beside her in silence, even though he wasn't being so pleasant in some areas, He couldn't deny he was changing. Whether he would accept that, only time can tell. 

"Do you have any friends?" She questioned, though her hope that he would answer 'yes' did falter.

"Yes, a pegasus called Daydream"

She almost fell out of her seat. "WHAT! I mean, uh... good for you!"

He turned to her and almost gave her a heart attack, one side of his lips raised to form a smirk.

She couldn't take this any more.

"Well I uh, gotta go, heh. You know, princess stuff."

"Alright"

"And Monotone"

"yeah?"

"Thank you" She said with a smile before she departed. 

Not only did Monotone question his moral standing, he was now afraid of the time when both sides of his lips raise.

Edited by Monotone

(edited)

"stop it daydream!" squealed derpy as he kissed her neck. "why should i?" daydream said playfuly, shaking his rear so it hit her hind legs and rocked her from side to side. this was going great, they were in her bed, in a sexual position-- *knock knock knock*

they both stopped everything and turned their heads towards the door, she was the first to say anything; "ooh, thats probably dinky!" she said, flying out from under him so fast he ended up falling, face first, into her pillows. once he had removed his muzzle from the pillows he got up and poked his head out of the door. the house was a one floor deal with a kitchen, living room, a toilet a bedroom and a bedroom with a smaller en suite bathroom. he turned his head towards the door, momentarily forgetting who dinky is."

soon derpy is walking back to the room, in front of her is a small filly. he looks at her and feels instantly guilty like he does whenever he looks at foals, that goes double for pegasus foals, but this wasnt a pegasus, it was a unicorn. how a pegasus could have a unicorn, daydream didn't know but he found himself wondering, at that moment, who the father was.

the young unicorn stares at him suspiciously. he flashes her a sheepish grin causing her to do nought but look away. and continue to her room. derpy enters back into the room after telling the foal that dinner would be later that night. "now where were we," she said, pushing him back onto the bed and stradling her legs over him.

"are you sure you want to carry on? with the kid home and all." he says, not fighting what she does physicaly in any way.

"but i was starting to get into it." she says, starting to kiss his neck like he did hers.

"yeah but... what if the kid hears?" he said back.

she stops and lifts her head up to meet his eyes as much as possible. "you really care?" she said, clearly wanting to get back to it but touched by his feelings.

"yeah. well. i don't want to, you know... corrupt her." he said nervously, fighting the urge to just get back to it as well.

she chuckled a little at his choice of wording and said; "ok daydream, have it your way, we can continue this another time."

"actually, i really need to be getting back to monotone anyway." he said as she gets off of him.

he starts to get up but before he can get off of the bed she licks the end of his muzzle, inciting a chuckle from them both. they both leave the room, she starts to go to the kitchen to prepare a meal and he heads for the door.

"hey!" whispers a voice from the corridor behind him. he turns to see the little foal standing there with a frown on her face.

"oh, hey... uh.. dinky." he says nervously. thinking of how to make the best impression on the filly.

"i know what your trying to do and i wont let you hurt my mom." she says, promptly walking off afterwards.

daydream leaves the house thoroughly confused. he gets to the house and sees twilight sparkle leaving. she gives him a look like she didn't believe he was real and carries on her way.

"what was the princess here for?" asks daydream as he enters.

Edited by Daydreamdash

Monotone hid under his covers, his eyes frozen open as he prepared for what was to come.He heard his bedroom door slowly creak open and the soft plods of another ponies feet walk beside him. His covers flew off to reveal Daydream's face.

"Hey, you should be out of bed by now, you okay?" Daydream said, confused by the unicorn's strange behaviour. He found this odd as Monotone would almost ritualistically get up at 6:00, no matter what, it was 10:32 as soon as Daydream began to form concern.

Monotone's eyes shot towards Daydream's direction. They moved in a way they probably shouldn't.

"She's coming..."

'i think Monotone's lost it' Daydream thought to himself. "Uh... who's coming?"

Monotone stared into blank space for a minute, then snapped up in a seated position. "I need to prepare!". He leaped out of bed and made his way downstairs.

Daydream casually sauntered down the steps to find Monotone hammering planks of wood on the windows. The pegasus was beginning to become worried, but didn't not to become worried about. The fact that Monotone's lost his figurative marbles, or that somepony would cause him to lose his figurative marbles. He needed to know who this pony was.

"Monotone, who is coming?" Daydream demanded an answer,

"...my sister". A knock of the front door rang through the front room. It echoed in Monotones head as eyes sunk into his skull.

Daydream was afraid that maybe he wasn't the only one with a tragic past. 

They both stood there, frozen. Staring at the door in fright. Daydream didn't what he had to be afraid of, but if it got Monotone in this state it was worth being scared of.

Another knock. Sweat dripped down their coats. Monotone almost creating a pool around his feet.

More knocking. They couldn't move. Still not breaking eye contact with the door.

The door latch shook, it lifted up and the door gave way. Monotone's eyes narrowed, his breathing becoming shaky, he couldn't believe this day had come again. Daydream stood there in anticipation, wondering what could make monotone so terrified.

There she stood, a substantially tall unicorn with a pastel pink coat and a curly ,yet neat, purple mane. A smile across her face that reflected sunlight into the dark room. She probably looked like the happiest pony in all of equestria, even rivalling Pinkie Pie.

"Monotone! Sorry I had to barge in, I couldn't wait to see your widdle chubby cheeks again." She ran over and hugged Monotone, lifting him a couple feet off of the ground. He didn't fight back, he was still caught in his shocked stupor. It looked as if the pink unicorn was holding a plank of wood.

Daydream stifled a laugh he couldn't hold in any longer. He burst into a fit of chuckling, joyful tears flowing down his face.

"oh! you must be his friend" She dropped monotone, he fell to the floor, still as stiff as a pole of metal. He almost made a sound similar to that of wood bouncing off of hard tiles. She held out a hoof "my name's Vibratone!"

"My names- my names... Daydream" The pegasus had to take breaks to laugh even more. Daydream grabbed her hoof and shook it.

daydream was happy. this vibrant mare was the most hillarous revalation as to monotone's life since, well, never.

and she was staying for dinner, perfect.

monotone was sweaty and angry. more than usual that is, and daydream knew that monotone could see daydream snigger.

'I am as light as a feather, I am as happy as an angel, I am as merry as a schoolcolt.  I am as giddy as a drunken mare.' thought daydream. 'somepony needs to see this, to enjoy it as much as i am.'

he thought and thought about who he could bring into this. and then it occured. DITZY! she has been wanting to spend more time with monotone (for some reason, unbeknownst to me) for ages.

a couple of hours later preparations were being made. monotone was in the kitchen levatating things around, probably trying to distract himself, which would be hard because his sister bounded around asking him about how he has been. daydream had no idea why monotone was so concerned. she seemed to just want to know how he has been since they last saw each other.

before daydream could dwell on monotones seemingly irrational fear he heard a knock at the door. he opens it, knowing who to expect.

he stood for a bit too long, staring at the mare on the other side of the threshold. hair brushed but seeming to will itself back into its normal position, wearing a pink bow tie around her neck, derpy stood, looking nervous, fiddling with the back of her attemptively brushed mane in a nervous manner with one hoof and cradling a bottle of something in her other.

she was the most adorable thing daydream had seen in all his years of living.

"d-did i dress up too much? octavia said i should wear the tie and dinky said i should neaten up my ma--" before she could finish, daydream had hugged her and pulled her inside. he had not informed her about why he had been so excited for her to see monotone's sister. when she did she did nought but stare at the substantially taller mare. before she dropped the bottle in one of her forelegs monotone grabbed it with his magic, hurriedly thanked her and then continued creating what looked to be the most complex meal ever created.

ditzy doo stood and stared at the mare for a while longer, small gasps occasionally escaping her throat.

barely even trying to stifle a laugh anymore daydream said; "ditzy, this is vibratone, monotone's sister." he emphasised the last two words, causing her to look to him and ask; "really?" in a shocked tone. 

the two pegasi sat at the table and watched montotone complexley prepare his meal while vibratone, not noticing him ignoring her, asked plenty of questions, many of which she awnsered herself. daydream sat and giggled while derpy, with at least one of her eyes, stared at the tall mare following monotone around. probably still coming to terms with her existence..

Monotone sat there. His sister blurting verbal diarrhoea into his ear, next to him on the table,

He toyed with his food, swirling the small chunks of carrot, stabbing a couple pieces. As if picturing it was a particular pony.

"So how is ponyville? The ponies seem nice! How many friends have you met? Have you met the Elements of Harmony? What colour balloons do you like? When did you hurt leg? What did i have for breakfast today?" The barrage of questions pelted Monotone's brain. He was going to do something drastic if she didn't shut up soon.

Daydream could hardly chew his food from how much he was sniggering, even choking a couple times. Every time a fit of laughter escaped him whenever Vibratone made a comment even more stupid than the last. Monotone shot a hateful glance towards him every time he caught food in his throat, wishing it would take effect.

Derpy slowly ate, she tried to keep her attention to her food. She didn't want to see the social chaos that was ensuing around the table. Every time her eye involuntarily made its way up from her food she saw how upset Monotone was. She began to feel sorry for him. Sure he wasn't the most pleasant pony, but he was one of the only ponies to not make fun of her... disability at the first sight of her. There was certainly a good pony under that carapace of hate. Her boyfriend didn't help, in fact she found it very rude. She just wished she could do something.

"Monotone! Monotone. Monotone. Monotone. Monotone. Monotone." Vibratone continued to repeat his name and prod every time she did so. 

Daydream decided to join in "Monotone. Monotone. Monotone, Vibratone wants something. Monotone. Monotone."

Derpy nuged him, signalling for him to stop, but he continued.

The whites of Monotone's eye filled into a dark red, one of his blood vessels popping in his eye. Small blotches of red could be seen around his skin, the blood pressure was begging to overflow. His nose started dripping blood into his meal as his name was repeated over and over.

"WHAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT!!!!????" He shouted, thrusting his hooves down onto the table, chunks of the cooked meal flying across the room. Monotone's voice ripped through previously silent air for what seemed like miles.

Vibratone slunk into her chair in a submissive position. "who's your favourite element of harmony?" She said, a pathetic smile creeping across her face. 

Daydream could no longer suppress it. He burst into a gufaw. Holding his stomach from the convulsions of his diaphram. hardly being able to gasp in air.

Monotone slowly dragged his hooves from the table, not breaking eye contact with Vibratone. He slowly peddled backwards to the front door. The door swung open, he made his way through the frame and smashed the wooden entrance in front of him. The whole house shook from the force. 

Monotone could be seen making his way to the Everfree forest through the window. Blood still dripping from his muzzle.

when monotone had left the room, daydream realised he had taken it too far. he got up and went to the door which had bounced back open due to the sheer force and watched, stunned, as his friend walked into the everfree. a voice from behind him shook him.

"that wasn't a nice thing to do." said derpy as he turns towards her. her tie was loosened and her eyes were welling up with tears.

this was often his fatal flaw. he didn't know when to stop. he pushed and pushed untill something or somepony broke. and now the look on derpy's face told him this had happened again.

"i thought you were a nice pony!?" said the blonde mare, staring at him with a mix of questioning and sadness in her skewed eyes. "nice ponies don't hurt their friends."

she pushed past him and headed out of the door as he stared, unable to speak for the shock and sadness. he finally stared to say; "ditzy--" but she inturruped him; "it'll be derpy to you daydream. and please, don't come over to my house tomorrow." she took flight as daydream stared, his heart crushed by her words.

a tall mare pushed past him; "did you see where he went? he might get lost? ooh, no. what if he gets trapped by monsters?" vibratone said, seemingly only slightly less happy than previously.

daydream felt anger wellling up inside him. who is this mare, why does she make monotone so angry and why is she so happy right now? she just said that her brother could be in danger. who does she think she is. it was her fault all this was happening, ditzy, monotone. if she had never been here then he would never have dont what he did and they would still be around.

but oh no, she came in and just talked and talked and they are gone, just great.

he picked up a small stone in one of his hooves; "who are you anyway?" he asked, observing her through eyes tinted red. 

"what?" she said, confused.

"why do you make monotone so scared?" he asked.

she gave no reply. "AWNSER ME!?" he shouted. she continued her confused silence and he lunges at her. stopping just short of her throat. realising what the consequences could be if he killed her. he dropped the rock and took off. leaving vibratone alone and locked out of the house.

(edited)

Monotone paced through the tall grass of sweet apple acres. He managed to find his way there through the Everfree.

It was quiet there at night. No farmer ponies, no earth ponies shouting at each other and bucking apple trees. Just what Monotone needed right now. Sure it was private land, but the Apple family house was about mile away from where he stood.

He sat at the base of a tree in the middle of the western field. His knees were weak from his outburst, he didn't want to stand for much longer.

He sat there for a while before he found a small shape, hovering above the everfree forest. He focused his eyes and saw it was grey with some golden hair protruding from it. Ditzy?

He stood up and shouted, "Ditzy!?"

The grey speck came closer. 

The mare landed in front of him. He noticed tear stains below her golden eyes.

"Look, I'm sorry about Daydream and i came to apologise about-"

Monotone dismissed her "Yeah yeah yeah, i get it".

He sat back down at the roots of the Apple Tree.

Small dark streaks darted between the leaves above them.

"vampire fruit bats..." Derpy said, she looked above her, seeming amazed by the creatures "I've never seen them before..."

"...are you going to just stand there?"

Derpy's reaction was delayed "...oh, uh i'll just- uh"

"you can join me if you want. Actually don't, you should get back to Dinky and Daydream"

"oh, I have a couple minutes... and I'm not going back to Daydream tonight"

"Ah, I see...."

She lay her body on the ground beside Monotone.

They both stared into the night sky, observing the stars an the bats that flew across the tree line.

Derpy shivered slightly.

"Ditzy? Are you okay?"

"heh, yeah, just a bit chilly is all"

"you can go home if you want, you should probably be getting back to Dinky right now shouldn't you?"

"oh, uh.. yeah"

She slowly raised to her feet

"I'll see you later then" Monotone said,wishing a farewell

"Actually, would you mind taking me home. I uh, get a bit nervous at this time of night"

"Oh, sure"

They were both at Ditzy's house, just outside the gate. 

"You sure you're going to be all right Ditzy? "

"I wi-" She was inturupted by a rustling in the bush just a ways off. It was Daydream. They didn't see him, but they knew it was him.

Fire works went off in her head, the most devious plan hatched in her head. It was diabolical, probably the evillest thing that any pony can do.

"Monotone, I am very sorry about this" she whispered to him

"About wha-" He was about to finish, but his speech was blocked by the mares lips ensnaring his. His eyes narrowed as she closed hers.

After what seem like nine millennia she finally withdrew. Monotone stood there, speechless.

As he stood in a frozen state Derpy quickly made her way indoors.

After a few minutes he realised what just happened.

"Ah, f**k..."

Edited by Monotone

daydream couldn't go home. not back to monotone's, he couldn't even look at him right now. he needed somewhere to stay.

rainbow dash had expected him to come back here earlier. it was a full three days after she predicted.

the grey stallion stood, looking apolagetically at her. she couldn't be bothered with his apolagy, she dragged him inside and kissed him, laying him on the sofa in her front room.

shocked at this turn of events, the moment she disconnects their faces he says; "wait, but--"

but she cuts him off; "i know, you're sorry, i know, shut up." and she reconnects their faces.

the next day he still couldn't face monotone or derpy, and he didn't want to stay with rainbow again, he felt guilty taking up her house, also he had an idea. if she was going to get with his friend, he would get with some of hers. lyra is too wierd, daydream didn't think bonbon was straight, the doctor is a stallion and vinyl was to close a friend, as was octavia.

so he went for some other mares. rainbow dash first, who next.

"stay with me? well i simply don't know you that well darling." 'said the element of generosity' thought daydream. "but i have nowhere else to go." pleaded daydream. she looked at him as she levatated a needle around a new dress, or something, that she was working on. "fine, but i have no spare rooms so you'll have to just sleep on the floor in my room, it's big enough for much more." she said, not looking at daydream again. yes, step one complete.

later that night daydream lay on the floor of rarity's room. it would be easy from here.

he sneaks up to rarity's bed, where she was reading a book that he could see clearly was the latest issue of the 'foal free press', he quielt lies next to her, loud enough so that she knows he is there; "what are you reading there m'lady?" he asks innocently.

"oh, it's just the news. what are you doing?" she asked as he lies next to her and stares at the paper in her field of magic.

"just coming up to see you, i couldn't sleep." he says, lying on his side so as to see her better.

"i often can't either. i guess i just have a lot on my mind." she says, putting down the paper and turning to face him.

"i don't think we ever got to know each other well enough lady rarity." he says, edging closer to her.

seeing what he wanted she says; "oh, really? and you think this is the time to get to know each other?" she asks.

"it seems as good a time as any." he says, moving so that his muzzle is just inches away from hers.

he sees her horn glow fainly and feels something grab a rather private area. "maybe you're right." she says, half closing her eyes. without moving her magical grip she moves into him, pushing her lips into his.

"stay here? ah don't know." said applejack as daydream follows her down the dirt path to the farm, having offered to help with some work. "ah suppose you could if you work hard enough today." she says. it was only wednesday and he had already completed three of his six objectives.

thursday was also a success. "remember you have to be gentle. they don't like being startled." said fluttershy. her timid nature made her especially easy to seduce. she had no experience with anything sexual in the past and she was ever so cute.

daydream was looking especially forward to friday. his goal for the day was one princess twilight sparkle. he was sure she was going to be a challenge but he was pleasantly surprised when she had less experience than fluttershy. he simply had to say he could 'show her things no book could' or something along those lines and he was well on his way.

saturday was the greatest challenge of all though. pinkamena diane pie. she ended up being much easier than anticipated. either that or he was getting to good at this.

he chose saturday because she threw an end of the working week party most saturdays. he attended this one, at her house and waited till everyone had left to make his move. child's play. well, hopefully not child's play but you get me.

on sunday daydream sat alone in the park. knowing he was about to have a sudden realisation. he could feel it. here it comes.

he was a bad pony. daydream is worst pony. he had exploited not just six innocent mares but the bearers of the elements of harmony. and for what, to get back at his ex and an asexual.

wait.

what!

monotone is asexual. derpy couldnt have done anything with him because he wouldn't have wanted to.

but this did not make him happier, it just made him worse. his dark exploits during the last week were for nothing, a kiss, no more.

he needed to apolagise to monotone. then go and either murder derpy or take her on a fancy holliday to canterlot.

he knocked on monotone's door, after a week of having not seen him. wondering what he would say.

(edited)

"You boned the elements of harmony?! All six of 'em, in the span of one week? That's both impressive and disgusting." Monotone said, pacing on the rug in front of the couch DayDream sat on.

"uh, yeah" Daydream wanted to be careful, he didn't want to seem proud or ashamed. Despite that, he was glad that Monotone was not as angry as the last time they saw eye to eye.

"What next, Celestia and Luna? -Actually don't answer that. Anyway I forgive you, we both acted childish, blah blah blah."

"Right, how's it going with Derpy?"

"What? Oh uh, yeah. She told me to be all hush hush and just to play along, but I hold the title as Asexual too close. Also I don't care. So yeah we didn't get freaky or anything, as you can probably guess, and Ditzy seems to have calmed down. So you can probably try her again. She seems to get really upset when I mention your name , so she might miss you. emphasis on MIGHT." 

"Right, okay... what happened to your older sister anyway?"

Monotone shuddered at the thought of her existence "She left, promptly."

"Is she okay?"

"I hope not"

"You're a dick, did you know that?"

"At least I didn't bang the protectors of Equestria in sexual frustration"

ouch

"So Daydream, what's next on the agenda for you?" Monotone raised an eyebrow, expecting something unsavoury.

Edited by Monotone
  • Brohoof 1

daydream left derpy's house feeling shockingly satisfied. he could do 'just friends', he needed to gain back her trust and he felt he deserved that after what he had done.

he got back to monotone's house to find twilight sparkle at the door, carrying a scroll in her magic.

"now i don't know why they though this was important enough to require the royal messaging service but clearly they thought it was. i don't know, maybe they understated the severity of the situation, or maybe it's encoded--" before she could finish monotone took the scroll and opened it. a stern look on his face he looked back up at the princess and went back into t he house. twilight, staying only a moment longer, left slowly. she sees daydream, who smiles kindly at her causing her to blush, and hurriedly makes way for him down the path to the house.

daydream quietly moves up behind monotone and takes a look at the scroll over his shoulder:

"dear monotone,

son, this is your parents. and we are writing to inform you of our dissapointment. your sister came to visit you in your new home and now she comes home, crying, to us.

we will not stand for this, young man, and we want you to come here to canterlot on the next train down.

you need to apolagise.

from,

mum and dad"

monotone stood staring at the letter for a moment. "this was important enough to use the royal mail service?" asked daydream; "spike probably had to vomit that up."

"it is to them." said monotone, heading into his room and removing a suitcase from the wardrobe.

"pack your things" he said as he levitated various items into the bag. "you're coming too."

daydream wanted to reassure him that everyone had family problems like this but he honestly had no idea because his family was killed by a corrupt government.

"i'll pack my thing." said daydream.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

"I didn't think you would care" Daydream said to break the sound of the wheels clanking against the metal tracks
"I don't" Monotone replied, staring out if the window
"what?"
"I'm only going because it's odd of them to complain about this sort of thing"
"...what do you mean?"
"Well, as you can guess from them having to deal with me for 18 years, they've gotten use to me doing this sort of thing against her. Hell, even my parents find Vibratone annoying. Plus she almost never cries, let alone for a whole train journey. She just forgets about it and moves on"
"Well don't you think you may have went a bit far this time?"
"Oh trust me, I've done worse."
"Like what?"
"Let's save this for another time"
Daydream stared out the window just as Monotone did, that crushing awkward silence again, that seemed to linger around Monotone like a bad stench.
The train slowed, lurching all of the passengers forward.
Monotone floated his suitcase from the over-head compartment and Daydream grabbed his only possession, his splayed and browned toothbrush. As they exited the train and made their way to the Canterlot station platform.
"If half of the mares in Canterlot are pregnant by the end of this trip Daydream, I swear to Celestia's sweaty leg pit you are never coming with me anywhere again."

Edited by Monotone