Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zombie Apocalypse: Could happen

Shankveld

Recent Article:

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=24276

Although I doubt this specific disease will start a 'cinematic' zombie apocalypse,

there is no doubt that some sort of disease could spread and give the human race a run for their money.

Thought and opinions on the article?

Don't wanna read it? Give me your zombie apocalypse action plan :) .

~

My friends and I have been preparing for any sort of outbreak for a while.

While we may be just teenagers, we have weapons and plans to escape our city into the countryside and survive as long as we can.

We think it may be possible.

• Brohoof 1

My friends and I have been preparing for any sort of outbreak for a while.

While we may be just teenagers, we have weapons and plans to escape our city into the countryside and survive as long as we can.

We think it may be possible.

The above article supports that belief ~

3 of my friends and i have it all planed.

1: get weapon from guy1 dad (military)

2: get shelter at the market

3: survive

we have done this for a month now x3

Edited by BigSnackington

Welp, thanks for ruining my childhood!

EDIT: Wait, "The disease is not new. It popped up in the 1960s in Sudan. From there it slowly spread to Libya and Tanzania." If this disease has already happened how come we didnt study it then!?!?

Edited by DJ-JK
  • Brohoof 1

I've heard about that one. Definitely looks pretty nasty, and I know that I don't want to tangle with someone who has it if I can help it. I live in the countryside so already my location puts me at an advantage to those living in major population centers. On top of that, between my brother and I we have a couple dozen guns and a few thousand rounds of ammunition (and always getting more). Companies like Cheaper Than Dirt sell these cool freeze-dried meal kits that can last varying time spans, from 30 days all the way up to a year. We've been considering getting a couple of those, in addition to all the canned goods we're currently stocking up on.

The way I figure it, those with the virus will be only part of the worry. If a massive outbreak like this happens, then rule of law as we know it is most likely going to collapse in this country as people go into panic. Looting will break out, people will be arming themselves and going after not just abandoned businesses, but the homes of others to take their supplies as well. That's my biggest concern with any kind of epidemic, or event of any kind that could bring rule of law to a standstill, leaving every man for himself.

At the same time, we also have another advantage to our situation: we're part of a small neighborhood, one that is actually pretty close-knit and neighborly. Setting up a protected community wouldn't in any way be difficult to do, and I already know my neighbors would be more than willing to cooperate.

Zombies, no.

(A zombie is a corpse brought back to life)

But some sort of a virus that makes people go mad, Yes.

If it turn out to be some sort of an airborn virus then i whould like a bullet in my head.

And well, if you need to get bitten och come in contact with them you whould probably be killed by the military anyway.

I've heard of this before.

Sometimes it may seem they re zombies, but really just have brain damage.

In Haiti, a teenager supposedly died. They buried his body in a shallow grave. It turns out, he was still alive. From the lack of oxygen, his brain was damaged. Eventually, over night, he somehow clawed himself out of his grave. The next morning, he stumbled out into the village, with pale skin, and standing in a weak way. He looked like zombie, but was very much alive. Or so the story explains.

Edited by Croaks

I'd hide in my house with all my blunt and sharp weapons (no guns in my house D:) I'm screwed, might as well loot a gun shop.

anyone near the coast has a chance at escaping, my family owns a boat capable of supporting us until a safe havean is found, we have a good supply of canned food and some guns and ammo

--------------------------------------

people dont realize how dependent they are on scocitey until they need it, your power goes out unless you have a woodstove or are in the tropics your gonna get cold, all trucking gets stopped, the food as meds you rely on so much is gone and after a while cell phones, your main communication is gone, also fuel would go bad after a while and the pumps require power to run, and if your water system isnt gravity fed there there goes your water supply planning for this type of requires more then hiding in your basement with your .22 pistol and boarding up your windows

---------------------------------------

assuming the whole world is affected any country with nukes will be destroying major citys in an attempt to lower the numbers of infecteds, so also be on the look out for nuclear winter for those in big citys

------------------------------------------

personally i dont think a zombie Apocalypse is possible however an EMP is, it will destroy any micro chip, making modern cars, cell phones, even some flash lights aswell as almost everything else running on electricity (including the power grid) useless. an EMP is caused by a nuclear detonation high in the atmosphere, it would only take 1 nuke to take out half of the country's power grid

Edited by jarrod989

The big thing about zombies is thefact that they spread their zombieness through bites, or some other form of contact, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Also, I doubt there would ever be a big enough outbreak to cause mass panic and upset rule of law. If it was virulent enough to do so, we would've heard about it already, and it would be a much bigger deal.

Thirdly, America is full of people who own guns and don't liking taking shit from anything. There's no way an outbreak of zombie kids could reach "zombie apocalypse" proportions, at least in America.

Ya, about the same way everyone acted like swine flu was gonna wipe out the human race.

Eh, zombie apocalypse could be an improvement considering the area I live in.

Lol where do you live?

A Zombie invation? No.

Simply because a zombie is an animal corpse brought back to life. And well, that IS impossible.

But some sort of a virus that drives people crazy. Yes.

And if this virus whould be airborn i whould like a bullet in my head.

And if you had to get bitten or be in contact somehow with the infected the military WOULD shoot everyone down.

A Zombie invation? No.

Simply because a zombie is an animal corpse brought back to life. And well, that IS impossible.

But some sort of a virus that drives people crazy. Yes.

And if this virus whould be airborn i whould like a bullet in my head.

And if you had to get bitten or be in contact somehow with the infected the military WOULD shoot everyone down.

ah but your wrong, in the time it would take the military to discover that they are infact dead would probably be enough for the horde to grow massively, the military woudnt touch them in fear of lawsuits until they found away to get around it

Edited by jarrod989

ah but your wrong, in the time it would take the military to discover that they are infact dead would probably be enough for the horde to grow massively, the military woudnt touch them in fear of lawsuits until they found away to get around it

Wait... Your saying the military woulden't shoot the ''zombies'' because they are affraid of getting sued?

Wait... Your saying the military woulden't shoot the ''zombies'' because they are affraid of getting sued?

pretty much yeah, i dont know how things work in the states when we get riots and cars start burning the police do nothing because of getting sued, it would most likely start with the poilice handling things, a a few people here and there are infected i think the military would get involved till things really started going down hill Edited by jarrod989

pretty much yeah, i dont know how things work in the states when we get riots and cars start burning the police do nothing because of getting sued, it would most likely start with the poilice handling things, a a few people here and there are infected i think the military would get involved till things really started going down hill

Well yeah.

But getting sued? No way.

If you are talking about ''Zombies'' now (Which is walking corpses) the military would be brought up shortly after the cops.

And they WOULD shoot everything in order to stop the spreading.

Not because they wanted to, but because the order would come from higer people.

Well yeah.

But getting sued? No way.

If you are talking about ''Zombies'' now (Which is walking corpses) the military would be brought up shortly after the cops.

And they WOULD shoot everything in order to stop the spreading.

Not because they wanted to, but because the order would come from higer people.

like i said until they could prove they where dead no one would be pulling the trigger, and just becuase some army genral says there dead dosent meen anything they would need documented proof from a expert Edited by jarrod989
  • Brohoof 1

like i said until they could prove they where dead no one would be pulling the trigger, and just becuase some army genral says there dead dosent meen anything they would need documented proof from a expert

If the general says: ''Shoot everything in your path''

They will shoot. And if there are walking dead people, that will be the order.

My friends and I intend to clad ourselves in metal armor, as collected by this heavy duty LARPer guy we know. Then what will we do, once that's accomplished, you might ask?

Body surfing.

Lots and lots of zombie body surfing.

I have a machete and old WWII pistol, I got a couple very close friends who live fairly close by and have a few guns. If not I'd take a car and drive to a local National Guard Armory...

I got it covered B)

Though I personally do not think it will ever happen on a large scale, while I do think a disease may cause a few here and there like the article says.