Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Blacklisted Imaging?

Commander Frost
Go to solution Solved by Lavo,

@,

Websites that are NSFW in nature and generally contain stuff that is not suitable here are forbidden, which is why this forum has blacklisted certain image websites. Even though some imaging websites contain a majority of clean stuff, it still can contain bad stuff, which can sometimes be easily accessible, which is why some of those sites are blacklisted too. 

It would be helpful if you could tell us what website you were trying to upload from.

Alternatively, you can save the image and re-upload it to a site like imgur. You can do this by:

Saving the image to your computer (right click the image and save as.)

Going to imgur.com and clicking the upload button on the top left

Clicking "Upload from Computer"

When it's finished uploading, right click on the image and select copy image link. You should be able to post the image.

Hopefully this work around will work for you until the staff can solve the problem. ^^

• Brohoof 2

Well, currently the website is undergoing maintenance so that could be just a minor thing.    However, there are some image extensions that are not allowed on this site, such as Yahoo or Google Images.   Most members, from what I see, post images from DeviantArt.  

But I need to ask, are you trying to post an Image or a Website Link? 

There're websites that are blacklisted,due for their random/NSFW nature.

Per example,Funnyjunk was blacklisted here,if I don't remember bad.

There's a simple solution to all this,and is to upload the same image with an accepted website,commonly being Imgur,and you shouldn't have any problem.

(edited)

As far as I am aware we do not blacklist any sites to image to, imo maintaining such a list would be a very time consuming and pointless process .

The error that you are seeing is because funny junk does not allow direct hot linking to their images.

Edited by Lavo
Confirming that funnyjunk do disable direct hotlinking
  • Brohoof 5

Since the tech monkey Lavo ( ;3c ) has provided the main reason along with a multitude of other answers providing other methods on how to insert the images, I shall lock this thread up and call it a day! ^3^

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.