Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Banner Contest Poll

Adorkable

Pick your favorite banner!  

341 users have voted

1. 1. Which banner do you like the best?

• Entry 1
    • Entry 2
    • Entry 3
    • Entry 4
    • Entry 5
    • Entry 6
    • Entry 7
    • Entry 8
    • Entry 9
    • Entry 10
    • Entry 11
    • Entry 12
    • Entry 13
    • Entry 14
    • Entry 15

Wasn't Adorkable's Twilight Sparkle banner supposed to be up after this one?

Yes. That banner will be up until the end of the voting period for this contest.

These are all great banners, and choosing one was a bit of a difficult decision for me. While they are all great, my favorites are numbers 11, 12, 14, and 15. I think 12 and 14 are well-made, and it's been some time since there's been a Luna banner. In fact, I can't remember off the top of my head the last time there was one, but I'm sure there must have been one at some point.

15 is excellently made, and is probably my second favorite overall. It's very high quality and beautiful, and the effect of Rarity twisting the fabric through MLP Forums is really cool.

However, I ended up deciding my favorite is 11, so I voted for that one. It's always nice to see banners with the entire mane six in them. The image itself is very high quality, the composition just flows naturally and makes sense, and the use of lighting is superb. I also love the stylization and coloring of the MLP Forums letters. Overall, the banner evokes a sense of calm within me, similar to how art from the show itself does. The fact that this banner so effectively captured and represented that spirit is probably the main reason why I voted for it.

• Brohoof 2

When I was looking over them, I got to the bottom and said to myself "Well, I wonder which one Ghostie picked".

Since there was a major lacking of something Great and Powerful, out of the rest, 11 is the one I manely liked.  :derp:

Not making this up; right when I saw banner 15 I was like "Ghost is definitely voting for this one." Looks like I was right lol

I am tempted to vote for 11 because it looks like pinkie is about to lick that ladybug

One of these days, there will be two Rarity banners up for vote, and you people will have no clue which one I'll choose :ph34r:

• Brohoof 3

One of these days, there will be two Rarity banners up for vote, and you people will have no clue which one I'll choose :ph34r:

The one with bedroom eyes. Or the one that has the best plot, because banners must have a good plot or no one will know what the site is about.  :huh:

• Brohoof 2

The one with bedroom eyes. Or the one that has the best plot, because banners must have a good plot or no one will know what the site is about.  :huh:

...and I would've gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Entry 2, 13, and 15 are my favorites.

- 2 has a good idea but I'm not a fan of the color scheme.

- 13 is really nice too.

- 15 is my choice in the end. I like the string going through the words, and the colors. Plus I don't think I've seen a Rarity banner in a while

Edited by Mutant X
  • Brohoof 2

1st place: 68 votes

2nd place: 19 votes

Number 11 is OP (._. )

11 Got my vote because of my OCD artistic tendencies. I won't point things out, I'll just say that I think it conveys the group unity the best, which is what a forum should be about.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Number 11 is where it's at!!! It's so beautiful. It has just the right amount of detail without being overwhelming. I love the eye-catching, yet classy font. I adore how the entire Mane 6 is featured. Most of all, I really enjoy how the artist utilized all the space and made the banner feel balanced. It's a stand-out all around. WIN, 11, WIN! *waves pom poms*

167la2q.gif

Edited by Jennabun
  • Brohoof 2

SERIOUSLY! I can't find em anywhere!!! :P

In the very first post, almost at the bottom, there's a little square button that says 'Spoilers', if you click it, below will show all the banners. :)

I'll be honest, most of them seemed quite amateurish to me, compared to the usual efforts with the alternating banners. 15 was my fav of that bunch, as it had the stylised font without looking to cheesy.

Man, all these banners are beautifully made! All very different overall, and all have something to like I find.

However I voted 11, just because it's just so well made looking! Something about it just appeals to me...