Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hero or villain?

Cloby604

I would be an Anti-Hero. There is a lot I want to change in the world, and there are a lot of things I wanna do, but can't, because society decides I can't do it.

I would help the government with certain issues. But I will also fight it. I will make sure they know that I would be a gamble.. I could help them, but maybe, NAH!.. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth, so SCREW YOU GOVERNMENT!

This is, of course, if you are talking about some kind of superperson thing.. In real life I'm pretty close to an anti-hero like thing.. I just don't do much. But yeah, irl, I'm a debater. I talk about subjects that are taboo, I give opinions that are unpopular (Or SEEM unpopular) and stuff like that.. Kinda anti-hero like, I think :o

• 2 weeks later...

Yah know, after thinking about it for some time, I realized this question could be much deeper than given at face value. Now, I know I said I would prefer hero, but I gave the villain option some thinking, and two things came to mind.

1. I would still prefer avoiding to be a villain like Maleficent, Darth Vader, or Sombra. They're either pure evil, or they were seduced by some other power.

2. One type of villain I wouldn't mind being is Grand Admiral Thrawn. They're not exactly evil, but they are obviously against the protagonists. In Thrawn's case, he believed in the Empire and what it stood for as opposed to purely just wanting power. He saw the New Republic as illegitimate and wanted to crush it because they were still rebelling an Empire that still technically existed.

So yeah; good question. ^_^

Is Antihero an option? The Red Lantern Corp may have evil tendencies but they've usually got a good cause, and despite the brutality of their methods, the job gets done. I've often thought that I'd weild two rings like Guy Gardner even though I'm not a big fan of him. Unlimited rage at those who do wrong to others and just enough willpower to control it.. It would be hard to go pure hero with that.

post-28573-0-28188900-1406461814_thumb.jpg

I'd want to be a hero, but more specifically my alignment would be neutral good. I wouldn't want to be lawful good, because I give zero fucks about rules and law on their own. Any rule, law, moral code, societal expectation, and so on is inherently neutral. Whether or not it's good or bad not only depends on what it is, but on how it's used.

I evaluate things as they are, and do my best to do what I believe is right and good. So, I only get behind following or enforcing rules if I genuinely think their nature and purpose is good.

• Brohoof 1

I always chose to make a villainous character in Oblivion, so why not the villain?

Anti-Hero who willingly shoots the dog to save the day. Grim Dark, despite being Kind (Fluttershy is best pony). Does more or less what is right by my own code; but knows how people really are and that believes, sometimes the best solution, is to kill them.

Chaotic Good for those who care  :ph34r:

• Brohoof 1

Who would you like to be? A hero or a villain?

I will be a villain. Cuz the are awesome and if I have a powerfull weapon/superpowers, I should destroy all the people so the nature and all the creatures can live peacefull and free without a guy that thinks that is the owner of the world.

img-2819609-1-love_of_nature_by_numizmat

Straight up hero. I hate evil.I only protect.If fight for a better tomorrow and give something to people worth fightimg for....hope

Who would you like to be? A hero or a villain?

I will be a villain. Cuz the are awesome and if I have a powerfull weapon/superpowers, I should destroy all the people so the nature and all the creatures can live peacefull and free without a guy that thinks that is the owner of the world.

img-2819609-1-love_of_nature_by_numizmat

Straight up hero. I hate evil.I only protect.If fight for a better tomorrow and give something to people worth fightimg for....hope

• 4 weeks later...

I'd rather be a hero, though I find that determination to be rather vein of me. I want people to be aided and helped but I definitely want to be involved or in the vanguard in some manner. 

Hero's tend to have their own plot armor and powers as well, which is usually nice, although the possibility of the tragic hero is definitely real. But a villain usually falls off more frequently, so in terms of narrative you get more out of being a hero anyway in many instances.

In terms of actual D&D inspired alignments, I too am chaotic good. I do what I think is good and the laws will not stop me from doing so.

Edited by Silverrida
  • Brohoof 1