Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do I post videos?

Deathstroke

(edited)

You should be able to just take the url from the youtube video and paste it into a post. The video should embed itself.

Rarely, you'll need to get the url from the share tab under the video instead.

Edited by Ashley
  • Brohoof 1

This is assuming you do this in YouTube with a video, otherwise I am not entirely sure on the process. 

But for YouTube videos you simply go to make a post and go to the icon to the left of the font dropdown box that says "Special BBC code" 

Then go to "Media" and copy and paste your video URL into the big box on the bottom. Then hit ok and it should pop up inside a special tag like these  ".[media][/media]." (Excluding the periods and the quotations)

And then post the post and it should work! 

Hope that helps you in some way or another!

(edited)

For Video:

1. Go to the desired video
  2. Don't go to the Share Link, but instead, copy the URL from above.
  3. Now in some cases, pasting the link won't make the video appear, but instead, type Paste URL here
  4. Once you type that, in between, go to the LINK tab and post the URL, so that when you click ok, it will be underlined and highlighted for you and other members.
  5. Add the [flash ]*INSERT LINK HERE*[ /flash]
  6. EX:

Edited by Thunder-Wing

Well then! Due to the vast amount of perfectly explained answers here I believe this topic can be wrapped up. Though, the final possibility if you're unsure if the video will be embedded properly is to use this:

[video]insert video link here[/video]

Placing the red lights on this topic and sealing it off shut! Have a good one~  :catface:

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.