Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Voice Actor's Guild

DoctorMcCrimmon

(edited)

I think I did much better with this take for Doctor Whooves

https://soundcloud.com/dj-shadowhoof/doctor-whooves-2

And this is all my other attempts at other voices

https://soundcloud.com/dj-shadowhoof/voice-reel

Definitely better on your DW impression. Very 11 in that one. hehe (He's my fave New Who Doctor!)

Your Connery does need some work, though. And once I finish up my wheels on the mine mini game, I'll update this with an example.... Okay, after that and the EG Dance mini game. I only have one song ready, so it shouldn't take TOO long. (Besides, my Connery is a teensy bit rusty. It's been a while since I used it....)

Okay, scratch that. My phone died mid-game. So, it's on the charger for a while before I can record or play anything. Shame. ~_~'

Edit: I recorded it. It sucks big time, because I'm mega rusty at it and I have a different Scottish accent I use, so I'd have to so some REAL practice before I actually sound proper. Plus, I ended up Aussie at the end for no reason what-so-whoever.

But here it is, anyway. http://soundcloud.com/doctor-mccrimmon/craptastic-sean-connery

Also, if anypony wants my Skype for anything (to discuss lines, or work on voices, or just discuss Voice Acting or MLP), it's DoctorMcCrimmon

Just make sure to let me know who you are in your add request. For some reason I keep getting requests from bots. Seriously annoying. So I'm making sure I know everypony is real, before I accept their requests.

Edited by DoctorMcCrimmon

Damn... it's always been my dream to be a voice actor, and I would actually give this a shot, if I knew what to do, and if I had the gear necessary (if any), and if people around me weren't completely freaked out by everything I do.

I really want to give this a shot, but I have no idea what I need to do to get started...

(edited)

Damn... it's always been my dream to be a voice actor, and I would actually give this a shot, if I knew what to do, and if I had the gear necessary (if any), and if people around me weren't completely freaked out by everything I do.

I really want to give this a shot, but I have no idea what I need to do to get started...

You don't need to have a professional studio, or even gear. I use my mobile to record my lines. There are a lot of really good apps to use.

I use Voice Record Pro for most of my stuff (it's free, and easy to use. Plus it'll upload it directly from the program to your YouTube, SoundCloud, Dropbox, email, or a few different cloud storage places). Then all you need is a quiet room. A good starting is hide under your covers in bed (the covers muffle the sound so you don't get that echoey reverb. Which is great for recording songs, apparently. Not so great for voice recording). Recite anything. Just to get used to it. Sing a random song. Quote your fave character (especially if mimicking character voices is a special talent of yours). Heck, just doing a dramatic reading of a line from your fave book is a nice warm up.

Then, when you've played around with the program and you're confident enough to record, just record a sample of your voices/range. I'll post it up at the start of this thread. That way, project heads can find you for roles.

Then, it just rolls on from there.

If you have any other questions, just ask. PM me, Skype DoctorMcCrimmon, or email doctormccrimmon@gmail.com. I'm happy to help.

Edited by DoctorMcCrimmon
  • Brohoof 1

I need zombies, fellas.

Well, alien zombies. Necromorphs. Ever heard of them?

Anyway, yeah. If you're human and can talk, consider trying out for one.

This is what I'm going for: angry, wet choking sounds.

http://www.videodetective.com/movies/28-days-later-scene-father-/701883

Not stereotypical monster sounds, as you can see.

I also need females to try out for the very first Slasher necromorph the main character encounters, which transforms right in front of her: a sickly green pony named Butterscotch.

The process is...painful-looking, to say the least. They're technically dead at the time, thankfully, but I need you to sound like you're spasming uncontrollably, like you're getting electrified, but you're pissed off at the fact you're getting electrified.

http://dattebayo681.deviantart.com/art/Page-69-Dead-Space-The-Equestria-Incident-414291520?q=gallery%3ADattebayo681%2F43522681&qo=69

PM me, pls

Any takers?

Literally, anyone can be a necromorph voice.

I've tried, but it's tough. I sound more like gollum hacking than that clip you posted.

same here...its a hard thing to do considering most the necromorph sounds are really heavily edited 

I've tried, but it's tough. I sound more like gollum hacking than that clip you posted.

What you can do is kind of seizure out on your back and strain your voice when you think it's needed (like when Butterscorch's bones snapping and rearranging while it's getting rid of rigor mortis).

Pretend you're being electrified.

As soon as the tentacles burst out of her mouth, that's when the angry choking beings (the "GHK!" basically sounds like what you'd imagine the sound you'd make while tentacles come out of your throat sounds like)

For the roar ("MWRAAAAAAH!!!!"), it would sound like you'd be sticking your whole tongue to the very bottom of your mouth and holding it there, while vocalizing those words, while making your voice a bit raspy.

same here...its a hard thing to do considering most the necromorph sounds are really heavily edited

Just sound like you're angrily coughing up a loogie.

Nothing super special...just angry, spastic wet choking. Like in that video I posted a few posts back.

Hell, I'm doing it right now. Easy peasy.

I also have audio editing software, so there's that.

(edited)

Hi, everyone. I've been looking around and I've noticed that there's a lot of projects of great potential, getting my attention. But If you need someone who can help with the voice acting or singing, just PM me. For examples, you can check me out by clicking on the link in my sig. Or if you want, let me make things easier for you. Sorry that it's not soundcloud. They're links to my youtube vids. For preferences, I don't mind what video project it is, whether it's a romantic, comedy, drama, action, whatever, get me anything. I can't guarantee I'll say yes to the invitation but I'll do my best to respond though.

Songs (Most of them have no music background)

Let It Go / (With Music)
When Can I See You Again
Perfect Day
Hallelujah
She Will Be Loved

Impressions
Joker (Batman: Arkham Series)
Deadpool (UMC3)
Spy and Sniper (Team Fortress 2)
Penguin (Batman: Arkham Series)

Shining Armor singing This Day Aria: Without Music / With Music

Edited by RandomSelect

I'd like to join the guild. I'll provide some voice reels for Zecora just to show off my talent in lower pitched voices.

Sounds good. Just post it on here. Or just post your SoundCloud or YouTube if you have other voices, too. The wider the range, the more roles open to you.

Soon as you post it, I'll add you to the op.

Okay, so there's a new project needing Luna, Celestia, and Twilight. It's a song.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/104927-seeking-voices-for-lunacelestiatwilight-ballad/?p=2875576#entry2875576

• Brohoof 1

id like to try out some voice acting, but so far Ive only got one me and my sis did of Find a pet, its no where near perfect but for a first time as Rainbow Dash i dont think its bad. I know I can do Luna, but not done any recordings yet. 

Its kinda hard to put on an american/Canadian accent when you have a somewhat posh British voice

Im better as a VA's singing voice, I can do Rarity, Dash, Twilight and AJ singing. Theres a few odd covers on my Soundcloud for you to try. Got two Twilight and a Rarity song in the works atm. 

id like to try out some voice acting, but so far Ive only got one me and my sis did of Find a pet, its no where near perfect but for a first time as Rainbow Dash i dont think its bad. I know I can do Luna, but not done any recordings yet.

Its kinda hard to put on an american/Canadian accent when you have a somewhat posh British voice

https://soundcloud.com/stormblazepegasus/find-a-pet-ft-featherpaw-mlp-song-cover

Im better as a VA's singing voice, I can do Rarity, Dash, Twilight and AJ singing. Theres a few odd covers on my Soundcloud for you to try. Got two Twilight and a Rarity song in the works atm.

There are plenty of posh roles you can find. I'll keep a look out for you, too. Give it some practice, you've got a great start on Dash. The inflection is down, and you've got down that raspy undertone she has. So you're well on your way to having that one down.

Kudos at that. I'm pretty rubbish at Rainbow's voice.

• Brohoof 1

Here's my voice samples. You can find more throughout my channel if needed. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RxN8ZNDim4&list=UUIGfKgTCjktpDtDcN4mivFQ

I'll put it up on the OP now.

And, everypony, I was thinking of starting a VA Skype group, where we can trade tips and roles, practice lines, and exchange suggestions/advice on how to master our craft…

And, everypony, I was thinking of starting a VA Skype group, where we can trade tips and roles, practice lines, and exchange suggestions/advice on how to master our craft…

Thanks!

And I LOOOOOOVE that idea SO much! Please pursue it, pretty please? :D

• Brohoof 1

id be down for that :P sounds like fun

• Brohoof 1

Alright, my Skype is DoctorMcCrimmon, if everypony who is interested can post their Skype names, or if you'd rather then PM me, I'll add you to the group.

Since I'm only available on Wednesday or Thursday nights, or during the AM, if anypony wants to talk with me, it'll have to be then.

mustangs.60 is mine i believe :P

scurrier969

(It was my dads Skype so it has his name and stuff. xD but now it's my Skype hehe.)

Added them both. Well, I had Jenny from an earlier thing. But yes, Both are added. And I added both to the group chat.