Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Voice Actor's Guild

DoctorMcCrimmon

• 2 weeks later...

I want to get into VA. I am a male voice, and I am especially good at serious voices and villains. And I will be posting my VA tapes as soon as i get a gig.

EDIT:If you see this, hit me up for a male voice you'll think I might be good at. If you don't trust me because I'm new, I might surprise you.

EDIT DOS: I am thinking of starting a dark series based on TribeTwelve, can anyone be a dear and hook me up?

Edited by TheRainbowDashNinja
  • Brohoof 1

A head's up. I'm considering starting a VA work round up series on my channel where I gather up all the roles that are submitted to me or that I find and doing a video talking about them on a regular basis.

What do you think?

If you have a submission already, I will gladly take it. I've already hit up most of the ones here on my vlog.

• 2 weeks later...

hello im new To voice acting Warning i'm not so good

We welcome all levels. After all, we all start out somewhere. If you'd like, and have Skype, I can add you and we can work on your acting. That's one of the points of the guild, helping each other improve and be the best they can be.

I did a Fluttershy voice reel before, warning my voice cracked in the middle of the video. Also I didn't have time to upload it to soundcloud but i'll upload other stuff on soundcloud soon.

Not bad. I'll add you to the main post. If you have Skype, the guild is on there, too. We share roles on there, and help each other work on projects and improving.

As a side note:

Anypony who changes your username on here, let me know so I can know to edit the main post to keep you updated. Otherwise your link will be there to your samples, but you won't be able to be contacted.

And if you change your name on Skype, don't be too surprised if I don't recognise you. I become busy sometimes and lose track of time and end up falling out of the loop on things.

Edited by DoctorMcCrimmon
  • Brohoof 1

Aaahhh, yeah.. sorry about that... :P

Part 1 of my shortened demo
Doncha know ya can't buy things from Ikea and expect us ta assemble them. Those doggone instructions are in a foreign language or something. I just can't make heads nor tails of any of it!

(Discord grabs the directions from me and turns them around then hands them back.)

Oh! Never mind. There we go. Have sonic screwdriver, will assemble some cabinets at you! Now where's my fez?

Edited by DoctorMcCrimmon
  • Brohoof 1

We welcome all levels. After all, we all start out somewhere. If you'd like, and have Skype, I can add you and we can work on your acting. That's one of the points of the guild, helping each other improve and be the best they can be.

Not bad. I'll add you to the main post. If you have Skype, the guild is on there, too. We share roles on there, and help each other work on projects and improving.

As a side note:

Anypony who changes your username on here, let me know so I can know to edit the main post to keep you updated. Otherwise your link will be there to your samples, but you won't be able to be contacted.

And if you change your name on Skype, don't be too surprised if I don't recognise you. I become busy sometimes and lose track of time and end up falling out of the loop on things.

My skype is lodofthecakes101, and I do change names, but I don't really think I'm going to change it very soon.

• Brohoof 1

My skype is lodofthecakes101, and I do change names, but I don't really think I'm going to change it very soon.

Here is my Skype kingmarsx32

I want to get into VA. I am a male voice, and I am especially good at serious voices and villains. And I will be posting my VA tapes as soon as i get a gig.

EDIT:If you see this, hit me up for a male voice you'll think I might be good at. If you don't trust me because I'm new, I might surprise you.

You normally have too post a demo first in order to get people interested lol the best way is to make it between 67 seconds and a minute. and to really impress you show off your range by doing one voice after another.. like a line a voice :) just some advice for you.

Here is my Skype kingmarsx32

You normally have too post a demo first in order to get people interested lol the best way is to make it between 67 seconds and a minute. and to really impress you show off your range by doing one voice after another.. like a line a voice :) just some advice for you.

Or get a SoundCloud where you can post multiple examples, that's another common one. Especially after you've been doing it for a while, you tend to pick up new voices over timeto add to your repertoire.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, But I have no idea on what to say. I really don't know what to do.

I do have a Soundcloud tho.

Edited by TheRainbowDashNinja
  • Brohoof 1

Here, I made this off the cuff.. just do the voices you know and either make up lines or quote what you remember :) just watch me

The casting directors usually look for 3 things in a voice actor/actress. 1.) a nice range ( distortion too clear, low too high ect.) 

2.) multiple deliveries ( you have to be ready to do a line in a snap, multiple times ) and MOST IMPORTANTLY 3.) Staying in character ( If you can read every line of Romeo and Juliet out loud as let's say... Dr. Evil without breaking character then you are golden and should have no problem getting a job ) not saying you will have to at any point do that, but it's good practice lol.  Keep in mind, you have to do with your voice as Johnny Depp does on camera. Also, find your " bag of tricks " you said you can do serious males and villains then focus on those and most importantly.. you have to have fun and never give into your fears! Be yourself, do what you love and the roles will find you! :) and yes, I have a natural talent for this but I have been turned down for over 30 shows and 45 roles :) so never get discouraged.

Here, I made this off the cuff.. just do the voices you know and either make up lines or quote what you remember :) just watch me

The casting directors usually look for 3 things in a voice actor/actress. 1.) a nice range ( distortion too clear, low too high ect.)

2.) multiple deliveries ( you have to be ready to do a line in a snap, multiple times ) and MOST IMPORTANTLY 3.) Staying in character ( If you can read every line of Romeo and Juliet out loud as let's say... Dr. Evil without breaking character then you are golden and should have no problem getting a job ) not saying you will have to at any point do that, but it's good practice lol. Keep in mind, you have to do with your voice as Johnny Depp does on camera. Also, find your " bag of tricks " you said you can do serious males and villains then focus on those and most importantly.. you have to have fun and never give into your fears! Be yourself, do what you love and the roles will find you! :) and yes, I have a natural talent for this but I have been turned down for over 30 shows and 45 roles :) so never get discouraged.

You did miss one: emotional range. You should add some different emotions to the scenes. Which is why SoundCloud is so helpful. It allows you to use your past auditions as samples, basically an audio portfolio. You can be amazing at imitation, but disastrous at doing moving scenes or believable crying. If they need that, you're SOL.

So, while your advice is good, I'd suggest adding more emotional range.

Look up scripts or quotes online and start there, that's what most people on here do. Try to record a variety of scenes (happy, hyper, sad, angry, cruelly unemotional, pained, etc) and since you have SoundCloud, you don't need to do it all in one go, record each type of voice separately (as in each character) with their emotional range (all characters have this, even robots have subtle vocal variations to denote emotions), then lable the clip as the character. Edited by DoctorMcCrimmon
  • Brohoof 1

You did miss one: emotional range. You should add some different emotions to the scenes. Which is why SoundCloud is so helpful. It allows you to use your past auditions as samples, basically an audio portfolio. You can be amazing at imitation, but disastrous at doing moving scenes or believable crying. If they need that, you're SOL.

So, while your advice is good, I'd suggest adding more emotional range.

Look up scripts or quotes online and start there, that's what most people on here do. Try to record a variety of scenes (happy, hyper, sad, angry, cruelly unemotional, pained, etc) and since you have SoundCloud, you don't need to do it all in one go, record each type of voice separately (as in each character) with their emotional range (all characters have this, even robots have subtle vocal variations to denote emotions), the lable the clip as the character.

Oh, your absolutely right Doc, I did forget too mention that the emotion is very important, as it is in all forms of acting. Thank you for completing and most importantly, helping bring that too light for those who want too be a voice actor/actress. I would have felt bad giving incomplete advice :)  

Oh, your absolutely right Doc, I did forget too mention that the emotion is very important, as it is in all forms of acting. Thank you for completing and most importantly, helping bring that too light for those who want too be a voice actor/actress. I would have felt bad giving incomplete advice :)

Not a problem. It's kind of one of the obvious ones to anyone who has any acting experience, that you forget there are newcomers here, too. You simply MUST remember to include the basics.

Ehem. Sorry. Sometimes the characters get away from me. ^_^'

• Brohoof 1

Hey there, I was wondering how one might go about applying to the guild? I don't have a soundcloud (yet) but I do have a skype. Any news back at all would be great, thanks! :)

There's an application, I'll give it later when I get home. But feel free to add me to skype: DoctorMcCrimmon

• Brohoof 1