Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Voice Actor's Guild

DoctorMcCrimmon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm starting up a youtube channel dedicated to fanfic readings, and I'm looking for people VA's, both for impressions of characters from the show, as well as background and original characters that appear in the stories. If you're interested, just send me an email at tailweave@gmail.com

Edited by Tail Weave

List updated.

@@Adorkable, You could always get dragged into a staff song for charity and then find out you actually have a decent voice.

I guess that's not the normal avenue for voice actors. 

Wouldn't a staff song only be for staff though?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! SOOOOO sorry I haven't been on here lately. I've just been busy. Work and RL crud and the Skype end of our guild have been draining my attention and time. I'm sorry to everypony on here! I don't want to miss anypony, so if you don't see your name on the first post, let me know in a PM and I'll fix that.

Also, to Adorkable and Newera115 (It's been so long I've forgotten how to tag people right now... Also blame me being sick), If you're really interested, go ahead and add me on Skype: DoctorMcCrimmon or email me: DoctorMcCrimmon@gmail.com and I'll be happy to help you get started. I'm working with a number of projects always looking for new talent and always looking to help others get into voice acting.

I'll be working on updating the page today or early tomorrow if I feel up to it. I'm going out of town to visit family next week, so we'll see where it goes from there. Sorry again for my long absence. I had some RL issues to attend to. I'm hoping to settle things again and get into a more scheduled routine that includes keeping better track of the guild and my projects.

This is super cool! what would I need to join? Any suggestions?

Well, I'd suggest getting either a Soundcloud or a youtube channel, and uploading some auditions or some impressions. Try to show a variety of your skills (such as your vocal range, any singing or accents you can do, and a quick variety of emotions/acting)... when you're done, send it on here and I'll post it in the first page so if anyone needs those voices, they can ask you.

Also, if you have skype, that's awesome, because we have a skype group as well, where we share roles and projects with one another, and help each other improve.

I'm starting up a youtube channel dedicated to fanfic readings, and I'm looking for people VA's, both for impressions of characters from the show, as well as background and original characters that appear in the stories. If you're interested, just send me an email at tailweave@gmail.com

I'd love to join! Add me on Skype and I'll add you to the skype group, or just post a link and I'll share your project there, too. Not everyone in the skype section of the guild is on this site, so it'll give you a wider audience.

could we please add the names of the characters each VA is able to cover in a seperate spoiler at the bottom of the main thread? :P

That might be a little tougher, because people's skills change often as we improve. I could add a list of characters and put VA names next to them, but again, It would end up a long list.

(edited)

I am really new to voice acting, literally just tried it my first time a few weeks ago, hoping to get a role in something soon.

In my signature you can find a link to MLP specific voices and another link to some random ones.

The random voices include things off the top of my head and also some impressions (some from TF2). I tried to keep them all unique as possible.

Edited by AppleCore

I'm currently training right now in voice acting in anime and working with funimation. I'll have a demo tape made after it's complete.

That is AWESOME! And I'm sure I speak for at least most of us when I say that any tips and pointers are appreciated. Anime would be a really fun area to VA. It's so expressive and lip syncing while keeping the lines as close to their original meanings? Sounds like a fun challenge to do. And I especially love Funimation's dub work. FMP is one of my fave animes, and one of the few that actually sound BETTER dubbed to me. (The original Japanese voices didn't seem to fit the characters quite as well as the American ones. Especially Kurz.)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not bad. Though the presentation is not so professional.

I would suggest you watch this for reference:

I already watched this... lol. 

And I wasn't trying to be professional. I was just posting somethin'. 

• Brohoof 1

I already watched this... lol. 

And I wasn't trying to be professional. I was just posting somethin'. 

Ok, good.

That's fine. However, if you are actually serious about getting yourself involved with voice acting, you will need to have a Demo Reel handy (just saying).

• Brohoof 1

Ok, good.

That's fine. However, if you are actually serious about getting yourself involved with voice acting, you will need to have a Demo Reel handy (just saying).

I understand that. Lol. XD

• Brohoof 1