Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Voice Actor's Guild

DoctorMcCrimmon

I'm sorry but your voice reminds me alot of Freema Agyeman from Doctor Who (she played Maratha Jones)

Oh and minicry would be would be when your trying to sound like a character that is already established (i.e. trying to sound like one of the voice actors from the show)vs voicing a character(think like an OC that you give them their own voice)

What really? Nobody's said that either lol. a lot of firsts here!

So basically if I were to voice, say, Applejack, I just pretend I haven't heard her actual voice and speak in the way I imagine her voice to be?

What really? Nobody's said that either lol. a lot of firsts here!

So basically if I were to voice, say, Applejack, I just pretend I haven't heard her actual voice and speak in the way I imagine her voice to be?

Pretty much when trying for something thats not establish but when trying to do character form the show we are just trying to copy the voices from the show or mimic them

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much when trying for something thats not establish but when trying to do character form the show we are just trying to copy the voices from the show or mimic them

Okay I kind of get what you're saying there! It's like if I were to voice a brand new character, I would imagine my own voice for it, right?

Okay I kind of get what you're saying there! It's like if I were to voice a brand new character, I would imagine my own voice for it, right?

Yeah. And wow was I wrong! I don't know why you sounded Cajun to me in the other one. Must have been how you tried to mask your accent to do the American one.

But yeah, voice acting is putting emotion and notice into your voice, basically acting with your voice instead of with your whole body like stage acting. Voice mimicry is sounding like the characters that are preestablished or people who already exist. To match your voice to a specific sound. You can do both at the same time (like mimicking Rarity and voice acting out a scene with that voice), but you can also do them separately. You can talk normally in a character's voice (and really confuse the people you're talking to. I do it all the time!) or you can voice act using your own voice. Like when doing an OC, or when doing a role in a new script that isn't based on a fandom.

• Brohoof 2

I can do Trixie, if you send me some lines to read, I'll send you an audition.

I can do Trixie, if you send me some lines to read, I'll send you an audition.

can do ill skype u them when i get back from class

If there are any VAs looking for a project I would like to have you! My friend and I are trying to put together an animation of a fanfic that he wrote. We are needing voices for the characters. I will have a list of all the characters.

Main Characters

Twilight Sparkle- available

Rainbow Dash- available

Applejack- available

Rarity- available

Pinkie Pie- available

Fluttershy- available

Villain- Taken by my friend

Celsius (My OC)- Taken by me

Princess Luna- available

Princess Celestia- available

I will add more, but for now, that's all we need! 

Thank you for your consideration! :D

(edited)

/

If there are any VAs looking for a project I would like to have you! My friend and I are trying to put together an animation of a fanfic that he wrote. We are needing voices for the characters. I will have a list of all the characters.

Main Characters

Rainbow Dash- available

Applejack- available

Rarity- available

Pinkie Pie- available

Fluttershy- available

Princess Luna- available

I'll give it a go for Celestia, Luna, Rarity, and Rainbow.

https://soundcloud.com/doctor-mccrimmon/

I have auditions on there from other projects on there

Edited by DoctorMcCrimmon
  • Brohoof 1

Main Characters

Rainbow Dash- available

Applejack- available

Rarity- available

Pinkie Pie- available

Fluttershy- available

Princess Luna- available

Will you be needing any male voices?

Will you be needing any male voices?

Maybe Ill have to check and see

/

I'll give it a go for Celestia, Luna, Rarity, and Rainbow.https://soundcloud.com/doctor-mccrimmon/

I have auditions on there from other projects on there

If you dont mind, do you think you could be the narrator? I really like your narrating voice. Sounds like a female character from a video game lol

and only now i find out about this thread!? damn...

It's never too late! If you have skype, feel free to add me, and feel free to post your stuff and I'll put it on the front page for all to see. (Well, under the spoiler tag so the lists don't take up too much room, but still.)

I can't do voices per se, but people say my voice has a lot of resonance and warmth like a narrator's.

Voice acting is different from voice mimicry. You don't have to be perfect at copying somepony else. Just do a dramatic reading, or act out a line from something. You don't have to match the voice. There are plenty of OCs and narrator gigs you can try for.

I'd love to join this, lel. I don't have much of anything on my soundcloud, but I can do a very wide range of vocals. I can record some stuff later.

As soon as you do, go ahead and post a link here so I can paste it into the main post. I'm looking forward to hearing your work.

I go by my username here.

My Demo:

This is my first demo reel, please be gentle. *ducks*

I can converse during the day, but will be available only until about 5 or so US eastern time, after which I can be reached through e-mail.

I can't do weekends right now.

I can record and send it to you though during the day on weekdays.

gmail: dexterouswings@gmail.com

I go by my username here.

My Demo:

https://soundcloud.com/dexterouswings/demo-reel

This is my first demo reel, please be gentle. *ducks*

I can converse during the day, but will be available only until about 5 or so US eastern time, after which I can be reached through e-mail.

I can't do weekends right now.

I can record and send it to you though during the day on weekdays.

gmail: dexterouswings@gmail.com

Cool, I'll add you to the main post. And I'll add you on Skype, too.