Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Thoughts on G1 Toys

RainbowMau

(edited)

Don't get me wrong, I think G1 toys are great collection pieces for any brony and I'd like to have some, but I don't see them as cute as the animated ones, and you can see it if you compare styles:

865224_1319721498547_full.jpgtwilight.jpg

Maybe it's because the snouts are larger in the toys, or maybe the cheeks look bigger, or maybe they're too realistic and detailed. What do you think?

Edited by RainbowMau
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I swear they're selling a G1 knock-off at Dollar Tree.

As far as creepiness goes, they don't look very detailed, especially not compared to the FiM toys, and they're certainly not realistic. They do look more horse-like, however.

Edited by websterhamster

A bit, the eyes aren't very proportionate. It never really bothered me too much though aside from me not really owning any G.1 toys.

• Brohoof 1

I happen to adore my G1 toys; for they are cute as a button, especially the babies!

They're defiantly better then the G4 toys that have an acre of forehead and giant eyes were their cheeks should be.

• Brohoof 4

I think because of the human like eyes and the somewhat realistic horse head, they start to cross uncanny valley territory. It's realistic enough to know what it is trying to represent, yet it doesn't quite get there, causing many people (including me) to be a tad unsettled. Kind of like puppets and Victorian china dolls.

• Brohoof 1

Im surprised no one has posted this yet.

And yes,i think the G1 toys look pretty darn creepy..  :blink:

Don't get me wrong, I think G1 toys are great collection pieces for any brony and I'd like to have some, but I don't see them as cute as the animated ones, and you can see it if you compare styles:

img-2828575-1-865224_1319721498547_full.img-2828575-2-twilight.jpg

Maybe it's because the snouts are larger in the toys, or maybe the cheeks look bigger, or maybe they're too realistic and detailed. What do you think?

And you're honestly saying that the G4 toys look less creepy? At least the G1 toys Looked like the ponies on the show!

• Brohoof 3

The eyes on the G1 toys are what freak me out the most. I find the G1 toys very unsettling lol...

*Goes to look at totally normal and not creepy G4 with eyes the size of its face*

• Brohoof 2

Here we go again! Hatred of G1! This is what pisses me off about the Brony fandom, you guys have no respect for the earlier gens. Fine, you don't have to like G1-3.5, but stop bitching about it!

Tell me about it!

They're always acting like FiM is the "holy grail" of My Little pony, and the rest of the gens are just pure dirt when compared to FiM. It's like there is nothing wrong with FiM but so many things wrong with the previous gens to them!

• Brohoof 2

Here we go again! Hatred of G1! This is what pisses me off about the Brony fandom, you guys have no respect for the earlier gens. Fine, you don't have to like G1-3.5, but stop bitching about it!

Took the words out of my mouth. Though, G3 gets the most hate out of any MLP generation, yet I loved G3. I collected the all ponies and had the DS games, and of course Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo were my favorites! I loved Pinkie Pie and Minty too, but in G3.5 they took away Minty :(

• Brohoof 2

Tell me about it!

They're always acting like FiM is the "holy grail" of My Little pony, and the rest of the gens are just pure dirt when compared to FiM. It's like there is nothing wrong with FiM but so many things wrong with the previous gens to them!

Also, without the previous generations, we wouldn't have FiM. At least be thankful that the previous generations were there to build up to FiM, but NOO! "G3 ponies look like pregnant cows","G1 ponies are overweight horses", "G3.5 doesn't deserve to be called an MLP generation", "G2 dolls looked like shit"

• Brohoof 1

Also, without the previous generations, we wouldn't have FiM. At least be thankful that the previous generations were there to build up to FiM, but NOO! "G3 ponies look like pregnant cows","G1 ponies are overweight horses", "G3.5 doesn't deserve to be called an MLP generation", "G2 dolls looked like shit"

I couldn't have said it better myself! 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

lel but g1g2g3 r teribal n shuldnt ecksist! xdddd

But yeah, people need to stop acting like G1-G3.5 are the freaking devil's creations.

Edited by Skarloey
  • Brohoof 2

Not hating.... Just pointing out that their toys are creepy... Which they are.