Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm going to write this as if I was an employee of Nike :) We played around with the Nike ID in Marketing class today, and I came up with a design idea. Enjoy!

Good Evening Equestria!

We here at Nike, are excited about extending our Nike brand to the Equestrian division. And to start us off, we would like to present you with a Running shoe inspired by everyone's favorite pony athlete, the wonderful, the magnificent, the awesome Rainbow Dash!

Just visit this like provided to see what all the hype is about!

Introducing the NIKE RNBOW DASH 20 Percent cooler version. Just visit this link, enter RNBOW as the left ID, and DASH as the right, and BAM, a one of a kind shoe that is guaranteed to make you run a mile in 10 seconds flat. (Ok, maybe not!) But still!

http://nikeid.nike.c...9977&size=false

Or, create your own ID for a unique shoe. Yes, we realize the website design is for human feet, but we are working on a design to fit your awesome hooves. Stay tuned!

Disclaimer: (May cause sonic rainbooms)

-Steel Matt (Nike: Human Division)

Also, Nike will let you turn it into a wallpaper. So with a little editing, here is an example!

Posted Image

Edited by Steel Matt
  • Brohoof 4

One of the few times where the disclaimer should actually be bigger then the rest of the text.

But by the way, it needs to be about 20% more colorful.

Edited by Ezynell the Peasant
  • Brohoof 1

One of the few times where the disclaimer should actually be bigger then the rest of the text.

But by the way, it needs to be about 20% more colorful.

Indeed! We here at Nike, currently can not utilize the full broad light spectrum, so we inspired the shoe by Rainbows cutie mark colors. But don't take our word for it, lets see some designs! How about for Applejack? Rarity? Twilight? Fluttershy? Pinkie Pie? :)

Indeed! We here at Nike, currently can not utilize the full broad light spectrum, so we inspired the shoe by Rainbows cutie mark colors. But don't take our word for it, lets see some designs! How about for Applejack? Rarity? Twilight? Fluttershy? Pinkie Pie? :)

Posted Image

Edited by Ezynell the Peasant

Just visit this link, enter RNBOW as the left ID, and DASH as the right, and BAM, a one of a kind shoe that is guaranteed to make you run a mile in 10 seconds flat. (Ok, maybe not!) But still!

Perhaps some pony would be kind enough to tell me just where to enter the "Left and Right" IDs? I looked all over the site page the link took me to, and I couldn't find any place to enter the IDs!

What the Hay is going on???

Perhaps some pony would be kind enough to tell me just where to enter the "Left and Right" IDs? I looked all over the site page the link took me to, and I couldn't find any place to enter the IDs!

What the Hay is going on???

Hey! Just click the tag on the shoe where the brand logo usually is, where it says YOURID ;)

I'm glad we could help everypony!

Unfortunately, some of the design links did not work. To post a link, simply try copying the browser link from your finished shoes, and tell us what pony inspires it!

I'll post another, but I am certainly not a shoe designer. (or designer at all for that matter). But here is another one just for kicks! In fact, we'll post that later. Lets play around with the Rainbow Dash inspired shoe: What do ya think?

Posted Image

To start us off on other ponies, here is another concept I did. But I am not very good at this! This one, the blue may have been used too much, but it was inspired by Rarity, and her blue eyes. (My Meterosexuality is showing, oh goodness.)

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to write this as if I was an employee of Nike :) We played around with the Nike ID in Marketing class today, and I came up with a design idea. Enjoy!

Good Evening Equestria!

We here at Nike, are excited about extending our Nike brand to the Equestrian division. And to start us off, we would like to present you with a Running shoe inspired by everyone's favorite pony athlete, the wonderful, the magnificent, the awesome Rainbow Dash!

Just visit this like provided to see what all the hype is about!

Introducing the NIKE RNBOW DASH 20 Percent cooler version. Just visit this link, enter RNBOW as the left ID, and DASH as the right, and BAM, a one of a kind shoe that is guaranteed to make you run a mile in 10 seconds flat. (Ok, maybe not!) But still!

Or, create your own ID for a unique shoe. Yes, we realize the website design is for human feet, but we are working on a design to fit your awesome hooves. Stay tuned!

Disclaimer: (May cause sonic rainbooms)

-Steel Matt (Nike: Human Division)

Also, Nike will let you turn it into a wallpaper. So with a little editing, here is an example!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Seriously. I would TOTALLY buy that.

• Brohoof 2

To start us off on other ponies, here is another concept I did. But I am not very good at this! This one, the blue may have been used too much, but it was inspired by Rarity, and her blue eyes. (My Meterosexuality is showing, oh goodness.)

Posted Image

Seriously... I don't care if you give me a warning or what, but you guys need to FUCK OFF about Nike.

Make it some other shoe... Christ, I know you guys are just trying to show concepts and that I'm bring a huge asshole about this, but... Come on... I have a thread on this stuff for Christ's sake.

I'm not just being ignorant, either. I've done a little bit of extensive research on the company for a short presentation at school.

I also understand that Nike is far from being the only company who is erroneously unfair and immoral with their workers...

I know Nike can make some quality clothes, I respect that. I know athletes love being able to wear a certain item of clothing if it will get them more money in two hours than an Indonesian worker earns in 9.8 years.

However, you're not a spokesperson for Nike. Why wear the symbol?

There's no need to advertise a symbol of unknown oppression to increase the company's popularity and distort its public appearance.

If you insist on wearing Nike, even if it's just for the performance an article of clothing provides, the least you can do is cover the Swoosh.

You guys are extremely creative and I applaud your hard work for designing these! They're very unique and I'd love to own a pair. (Obviously without it being produced from Nike or Adidas or wherever...)

However, the last thing I would want to see is the entire pony fan base going out and supporting Nike just because it was the company to bring out pony-related shoes. (Which they would probably never do, because all the people who buy their shit are pretty much uninformed people who'd likely judge the shit out of Nike and stop buying their products... wait...)

On second thought, emphasize the fact that they're pony shoes - increase the girlish aspects of the shoes and drive home the fact that they are men's shoes.

In all seriousness though, don't pay Nike your money to wear their symbol.

Cover the swoosh. Please.

(Link to thread on Nike - http://mlpforums.com.../page__hl__nike)

post-2915-0-72062100-1335496766.jpg

EDIT (for mods): Mods, I don't mean to offend anyone, and I understand if you want to punish me for being unnecessarily harsh. However,that's just my personality, and as humans with dignity, I'm sure you'll respect it.

I don't care if you warn me or discourage me from posting anymore or whatever. Just don't delete this post.

"Gee Lobstaarr, those are fightin' words!"

No, I'm not trying to be a badass or threaten anyone. I'm not big enough into computers for that sort of stuff anyways. I'm just asking you to leave it so others can be informed.

I suppose you could edit out any bad stuff, anyways. Or PM me to change someting... I don't know what tools you mods are given.

You probably don't even care if it's just a little harsh. Maybe call me rude or give me a lecture. I've seen worse posted on this site, so I might be making a big deal out of nothing. Believe me, it's pretty "Safe for work" content.

We don't live in the Dark Ages. Our society continues to advance. It's time people use their resources and investigate a little bit more into the stuff they buy.

Edited by Guest

Seriously... I don't care if you give me a warning or what, but you guys need to FUCK OFF about Nike.

Make it some other shoe... Christ, I know you guys are just trying to show concepts and that I'm bring a huge asshole about this, but... Come on... I have a thread on this stuff for Christ's sake.

I'm not just being ignorant, either. I've done a little bit of extensive research on the company for a short presentation at school.

I also understand that Nike is far from being the only company who is erroneously unfair and immoral with their workers...

I know Nike can make some quality clothes, I respect that. I know athletes love being able to wear a certain item of clothing if it will get them more money in two hours than an Indonesian worker earns in 9.8 years.

However, you're not a spokesperson for Nike. Why wear the symbol?

There's no need to advertise a symbol of unknown oppression to increase the company's popularity and distort its public appearance.

If you insist on wearing Nike, even if it's just for the performance an article of clothing provides, the least you can do is cover the Swoosh.

You guys are extremely creative and I applaud your hard work for designing these! They're very unique and I'd love to own a pair. (Obviously without it being produced from Nike or Adidas or wherever...)

However, the last thing I would want to see is the entire pony fan base going out and supporting Nike just because it was the company to bring out pony-related shoes. (Which they would probably never do, because all the people who buy their shit are pretty much uninformed people who'd likely judge the shit out of Nike and stop buying their products... wait...)

On second thought, emphasize the fact that they're pony shoes - increase the girlish aspects of the shoes and drive home the fact that they are men's shoes.

In all seriousness though, don't pay Nike your money to wear their symbol.

Cover the swoosh. Please.

(Link to thread on Nike - http://mlpforums.com.../page__hl__nike)

post-2915-0-72062100-1335496766.jpg

EDIT (for mods): Mods, I don't mean to offend anyone, and I understand if you want to punish me for being unnecessarily harsh. However,that's just my personality, and as humans with dignity, I'm sure you'll respect it.

I don't care if you warn me or discourage me from posting anymore or whatever. Just don't delete this post.

"Gee Lobstaarr, those are fightin' words!"

No, I'm not trying to be a badass or threaten anyone. I'm not big enough into computers for that sort of stuff anyways. I'm just asking you to leave it so others can be informed.

I suppose you could edit out any bad stuff, anyways. Or PM me to change someting... I don't know what tools you mods are given.

You probably don't even care if it's just a little harsh. Maybe call me rude or give me a lecture. I've seen worse posted on this site, so I might be making a big deal out of nothing. Believe me, it's pretty "Safe for work" content.

We don't live in the Dark Ages. Our society continues to advance. It's time people use their resources and investigate a little bit more into the stuff they buy.

You might not have expected this from the OP, however...

I have also done some minor research on Nike, and I am somewhat aware of their Human Resource issues (at minimum) along with multiple lawsuits against them, and violations. I understand your concern (especially since we all promote love and tolerance, but also the action to set things right). But the original intent of the thread was just a role play, as well as a customization shoe engine to experiment with the designs. Your post is understandable from a certain aspect, but please know the original intent was fun, and not promotion. We all need to take part in our community, and help out anyway we can...especially with better practices in the business/corporate world.

...the original intent of the thread was just a role play, as well as a customization shoe engine to experiment with the designs. Your post is understandable from a certain aspect, but please know the original intent was fun, and not promotion. We all need to take part in our community, and help out anyway we can...especially with better practices in the business/corporate world.

I understand that this thread was not meant to inspire people to go out and buy Nike wear. I just thought I might elaborate a bit on why nobody should support Nike... (Unless you wish to donate shoes to their recycle program - that's actually not a ploy (as far as i know)

and helps others.)

I'm not against Nike - just the way they handle things. They are completely capable of providing living wages for all their workers, but they pay only enough to last an employee a day. It's like they live their lives at a prison.

I know you meant for everything to be fun and awesome - and it is. You guys are the reason I'm a brony, I love seeing everyone's creativity and I adore the content people take from the show. I'm sorry to be "that guy" but I simply despise Nike's practices.

If they shaped up and let their workers sustain a living so they could actually spend time with their families or give their children an education, i believe the world could become a better place. I sincerely believe it would cause a major positive reaction and that other companies would open up a little bit more and follow suit.

I know this will never happen, because all that matters in the world is money, right?

I just want an intelligent community such as this to use their resources in a helpful way.

I'd love to see everyone who watches the show band together and be heard.

It would definitely inspire so many people...

Alas, such dreams will never come true.

Carry on with your excellent ideas.

I just wanted to inform others that not everything is sunshine and rainbows.