Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

One of a Kind MLP Comic to be Auctioned for Kids Charity

Bucky McGillyCuddy

Just read a post on the MLP Facebook page that to celebrate 1 million retail-sold MLP comics IDW is teaming up with Heritage Auctions and putting up for auction a one-of-a-kind MLP comic with all proceeds going to the Give Kids The World charity. The cover was designed by fan-favourite Sarah Richard.

This is what it looks like. Pretty. Damn. Awesome.

post-8423-0-34576100-1405002163_thumb.jpg

I thought it would be cool if we had a go at guessing how much it will sell for and see who gets the closest . I'm not in any way familiar with the comic book industry or how high these things can sell for but I do know that they can get pretty ridiculous expensive. So my guess is very uneducated (and probably very silly). 

$10,000 USD

The winner gets the satisfaction of being the winner as well as a life-times supply of bragging rights. Obviously edited posts wont be counted and if two users guess the same amount, the person who posted first wins.

I just saw this too! If only I could afford it, I think it will go somewhere around the 2,000-5,000 area, who knows! Maybe 2,500? :D

Ok, this isn't going to see for anywhere near as much as I thought it was haha. The current bid is a mere $475 I guess most of the MLP fans are young so they probably don't have the kind of money to splash around like people from other fandoms might do. 

At this point I'm going to be placing a bit closer to the end date. I might go up to $1000 depending on how I feel on the day but I'll have to wait and see. 

Check out the auction page here

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Well, the auction has now closed, and the final selling price was $6527 giving the closest guess with $7,500. 

So congratulations, Bruin. As promised you have earnt yourself a lifetimes supply of satisfaction and bragging rights as being the best auction guesser on the forums. Well done  :)

FANMADE_Pinkie_Pie_happy.gif

Edited by Bucky McGillyCuddy