Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon's special talents?

Ethereal

Silver Spoon is good at spooning.

Uh, I suppose Silver Spoon's could be baking/ cooking or some other food based talent.

Diamond Tiara's could be. . .beauty pageants, money industry or any other thing to do with diamonds/money/being a complete and total bitch.

Both of their cutie marks are, thus far in the series, symbols for excess and entitlement. Both of those things are corrupting forces, sooo Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are pretty much doomed to be negative examples.

... UNLESS! They're building up to an episode where DT and SS learn to appreciate the things that they have. Maybe they got their cutie marks by thinking "Oh man, being rich is really, really fun and great!" They would have appreciated their wealth and then gotten their cutie marks, but they wouldn't have done it for the "right" (see: non-bitchy) reason.

I dunno. I think they have potential to be something besides huge examples of how not to behave. @_@

Hum... That's a good question. Their cutie marks only are shown to represent their names, but their talents were never stated... Maybe Tiara was made to be some sort of ruler, and Silver Spoon.... I got nothing.

• 3 months later...

I'd imagine Silver Spoon's talent was discovered as she did that silly thing when you stick a spoon to your nose.

Diamond Tiara's was discovered when she realized her dream was to be the Supreme Empress of Equestria or something along those lines.

everypony keep in mind that to get your cutie mark you have to realize what your special talent is. I doubt that diamond tiara and silver spoon one day realized their special talent was being a bitch.

Actually, I think that Cherilee (or actually Twist said that, and Cherilee said "That's right!") told that "when the pony discovers the certain something that makes her special" - so, you probably don't have to realize your special talent, but to realize what you're good at or what makes you different from others.

So I think that pretty much tells that Silver Spoons speciality is "being a child born with a Silver Spoon"... in a way. You can't probably say that's her special talent, but it makes her different from others.

And Diamond Tiara? Such a rich princess. Makes her special.

Don't know if they have special talents, tho.

Currently, their special talents are, simply put, being stuck-up bitches.

The tiara and silver spoon cutie marks represent negative symbolic gestures and metaphors in Western culture. Diamond Tiara's cutie mark (plus name) can translate to being "Daddy's Little Girl" or "Daddy's Princess." Like crowns, tiaras represent royalty. And don't forget how wealthy her father is; he's named "Filthy Rich" for a reason. Silver Spoon's cutie mark and name come from this metaphor, "Born with a silver spoon in his or her mouth," which dictates to being bitchy and coming from a wealthy background, too.

On the other hand, while Silver Spoon is a brat herself, at times she's shown compassion. Her most well-known example is her being the first to clap after Granny Smith told her story behind the zap apples and Ponyville origins. So there can mean a bit more behind Silver Spoon's cutie mark so she can grow into a more thorough character. Diamond Tiara hasn't shown any redeeming qualities, yet Silver Spoon has. I'd love to see this developed further in the series.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Of Argent And Adamant

We don't see Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon use their talents often, because they are simply too powerful to be used lightly.

So what, exactly, are their special talents?

Diamond Tiara, as her name implies, wears a tiara. But it is no ordinary tiara. It is none other than the fabled Tiara of Power, forged of old at the command of Nightmare Moon by the eldritch hoofcraft of Firemane the Hammersmith. It is said that into this tiara Nightmare Moon poured all her cruelty, her malice and her will to dominate all life. One tiara to rule them all.

One by one, the free ponies of Equestria fell to the power of the Tiara. But there were some who resisted.

A last alliance of earth ponies, pegasi and unicorns marched against the armies of Nightmare Moon, and on the very slopes of Mount Canterlot, they fought for the freedom of Equestria. Victory was near, but the power of the Tiara could not be undone. It was in this moment, when all hope had faded, that Princess Platinum, daughter of the Unicorn King, took up her father's horn. And Nightmare Moon, enemy of the free ponies of Equestria, was defeated. Through the power of the Elements of Harmony, she was thereafter banished permanently in the moon.

The Tiara passed to Princess Platinum, who had this one chance to destroy evil forever. But the hearts of unicorns are easily corrupted, and the Tiara of Power has a will of its own. It betrayed Princess Platinum, to her death. And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost.

History became legend. Legend became myth. And for nearly a thousand years, the Tiara passed out of all knowledge. Until, when chance came, it ensnared a new bearer. It was picked up by the most unlikely creature imaginable: a young filly, Diamond Tiara, of Ponyville. At the very moment she placed it upon her head, her cutie mark appeared.

Grim tales speak of the Tiara's immense and terrible power, capable of sundering seas and shattering mountains. In the wrong hooves, it could bring ruin to all the land, so Diamond is ever cautioned to restrain herself and avoid using it except at the uttermost end of need.

But it is said the Tiara speaks secretly to her, tirelessly corrupting her, whispering of power and glory unimaginable. And being a spoiled, conceited little pony with a penchant for self-aggrandizement, Diamond does occasionally yield to temptation, with invariably disastrous results.

post-2150-0-65533800-1341501961.jpg

Fig. 1: Diamond Tiara shows off her special talent. The resulting fire burned for days.

It is not known what the future may hold for Equestria, but one thing is certain: whosoever wields the Tiara of Power shall ultimately decide the fate of all. Needless to say, this knowledge has led to many sleepless nights for Princess Celestia.

Meanwhile, Silver Spoon's talent is that she spoons well. She spoons very well. That's pretty much it, which is why we don't see her doing it often. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice spoon. Silver that never tarnishes and all. But in the end, just a spoon.

When spooning, however, she can lose control and cause significant property damage. Rumor has it that Froggy Bottom Bog, previously the site of one of the most fertile farms in Equestria, was created during such an incident, when Silver (who had ambitions of becoming a farmer herself when she was a foal) volunteered to help with the spring planting. So her parents keep her spoon safely locked away in the family china cabinet, leaving Silver little choice but to serve as Diamond's sidekick and toadie.

So there you have it. The true story of Diamond Tiara's and Silver Spoon's special talents. It's 100% legit and absolutely, positively not fictitious in any way shape or form.

Trust me on this. :D

Edited by ponyvangelist
  • Brohoof 3

I don't want to believe they have a special talent, because those are the type of girl who will believe they MUST have a boyfriend at all times and that boyfriend MUST do what they want whenever they want it and buy them whatever. And once they got older they'll think it'll be ok for them to stay home or go out shopping with her friends while the husband/boyfriend works.

Judging by their cutie marks, something to do with class and wealth. Which in social norm is obviously translating to stuck up wealthy kids.

Even though I do agree with many here that their talents are most likely being really mean, that is not so nice to think, at least according to me. (I know they are meant to be like for the story of the show, but you can always speculate)

My first thought for Silverspoon was actually some kind of good knowledge about etiquette and manners, like how you are suppose to set the table. Not that she really goes after this idea. No real theory for Diamondtiara though, well if you can call the other one a theory xD