Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cool Villains With Lame Defeats

Castle Bleck

Prince Hans in Frozen. He got punched off of a boat. I'm all for 'Girl Power' Being a girl and all but come on! Punching someone off of a boat and then everyone cheering is PRETTY DARN LAME!

• Brohoof 3

Angel in Fairy Tail.

10/10 she should have won that fight against Lucy in the original Oracion Seis arc, but I guess they can't kill off a major character. I love Lucy, she's probably one of my top five, but still, Angel was the best. :/

General Scales from Starfox Adventures, it especially hurts that you never got to fight the bastard

(edited)
On 7/12/2014 at 12:10 PM, NioniosTheRenegade said:

Queen Chrysalis by random out of the blue Deus Ex machina. In fact the sudden deus ex machina is a trademark lame defeat of every mlp villain.

Except Sombra. (Spike + Shining + Cadance + wife-toss; enough said.)

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 3

For Buffy fans, I was a little disappointed with the death of the Master in Season 1 and Caleb in Season 7.

Jihl Nabaat from Final Fantasy 13.

A very cool villain that died so stupidly. We didn't even get to fight her. Instead her boss took the place as the fight of Chapter 9.

• Brohoof 1

Khan, from the Star Trek: Into Darkness. I was expecting a battle similar to what was in Star Trek II: Wrath of Kahn. An epic space battle and all, minus the William Shatnerisms. Instead, they just had Khan Spock punch him in the face repeatedly on a hover-thing, hover-truck or something.

Could have been more.

Boba Fett.
attachicon.gifimage.jpg
This guy is the icon of cool villains with lame downfalls.

Luckily he got out of the Sarlacc, at least in the expanded universe books. Not that Disney is turning Star Wars upside down, I don't know if they'll have him back in the series.

• Brohoof 1

Angel in Fairy Tail.

10/10 she should have won that fight against Lucy in the original Oracion Seis arc, but I guess they can't kill off a major character. I love Lucy, she's probably one of my top five, but still, Angel was the best. :/

I'd say at least 70% of the villains in Fairy Tail are defeated in completely lame ways. Still has great art, and the fights are good up until the villain is actually defeated, though.

I'd say at least 70% of the villains in Fairy Tail are defeated in completely lame ways. Still has great art, and the fights are good up until the villain is actually defeated, though.

Yeah, some are really good and then some are really bad. Faust and Daphne were probably some of my least favourites. Faust was literally just 10/10 terribad.

(edited)

Oh, and literally everyone ever defeated by Squirrel Girl ever. But that's intentional ;)

Edited by Evilshy

(edited)

Khan, from the Star Trek: Into Darkness. I was expecting a battle similar to what was in Star Trek II: Wrath of Kahn. An epic space battle and all, minus the William Shatnerisms. Instead, they just had Khan Spock punch him in the face repeatedly on a hover-thing, hover-truck or something.

Could have been more.

Luckily he got out of the Sarlacc, at least in the expanded universe books. Not that Disney is turning Star Wars upside down, I don't know if they'll have him back in the series.

Buck Disney.

First they let Tetsuya Nomura retcon the s*** out of Kingdom Hearts, then they put Star Wars on life-support.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't think you could get more anticlimactic than Lucien, the main antagonist of Fable II.

He intends to rebuild a tower that will allow for him to grant a wish; in his case, that wish is destroying the world so a pure one could eventually replace it.

Just as he's about to make his wish, your character strips him of his powers. He begins ranting about his motivations until you shoot him and he falls off the platform with a scream. That's it. If you let him keep rambling long enough, one of the supporting characters shoots him and says "I thought he'd never shut up... Oh I'm sorry, did you want to kill him?"

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I would have to say the Death of Revolver Ocelot he gets taken over by Liquid Snake in Metal Gear Solid 2 and he is able to fight it for the most part then in Metal Gear Solid 4 he is completely taken over by Liquid Snake and doesn't really feel like a character and how he dies well he is pretty much was dead when Liquid Snake stole his body

here is a video of some of his best moments

I would have to say the Death of Revolver Ocelot he gets taken over by Liquid Snake in Metal Gear Solid 2 and he is able to fight it for the most part then in Metal Gear Solid 4 he is completely taken over by Liquid Snake and doesn't really feel like a character and how he dies well he is pretty much was dead when Liquid Snake stole his body

here is a video of some of his best moments

According to Big Boss, Liquid didn't actually take over Ocelot's body. Instead, Ocelot "turned himself into Liquid's mental doppelgänger" (directly quoting Big Boss) to fool The Patriots.

And I strongly disagree with his defeat being "lame". Primarily because the final fight against him in MGS4 was beyond epic!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

huh I never knew that MGS is mostly Playstation exclusive so I only know MGS 2 MGS 3 and MGS PW very well as for MGS 1 and MGS 4 not so much I played through MGS 4 at my friends house well then thanks for the information mate

as for the final fight I enjoyed it but I think Ocelot should of had a more epic death rather then have Snake beat him like that

Edited by PonygamesFluttershy

How about Sunset Shimmer? She was pretty hot (lololol) and seemed like a good antagonist, but her defeat thanks to the mane 6 was...well she went from being mean and hot-headed (lololol) to being soft and easy to upset.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Some people say the ways Megatron was defeated in the Michael Bay movies were lame.

Please... I'd say G1 Megatron had a much more undignifying defeat in the G1 movie. Getting your head and spine ripped off your body is at least a cooler way to go, than falling off a ledge and then getting casually dropped out of a space shuttle. By Starscream, nonetheless!

Edited by ShadowPirateX

(edited)

Max Zorin from "A View to a Kill". He's one of the best Bond villains ever (he's played by Christopher Walken for Christ's sake!), but his death is quite lame. Near the end of the film, he and James Bond fought each other on the Golden Gate Bridge. The scene ends with him laughing and falling off the bridge, into the water.

Then there's Saruman's death in "LoTR: Return of the King". Unless you have the extended edition of "Return of the King", then you probably haven't seen this scene. It's the start of the movie, Gandalf and Co. are in Isengard and they're talking to Saruman. It ends with Grima stabbing Saruman in the back, then the corpse falls off the tower and gets impaled. Bit of a mediocre death to an awesome villain

Edited by GrauWitz