Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you hate about your age?

RainbowMau

Here I list mines:

I'm 28 and:

- I can't hang out with younger people because people think that's creepy

- By the opposite I have to hang out with older people who is boring and get quickly tired

- When I say I want to find love people assume I want to get married and have kids which is a lie

- I can't enter any physical activities' classes because they're focused for under 25s

- Clothing focused to guys from my age sucks

- People use my age as an excuse to try to change me

- People don't like to hang out to watch children's movies or eat ice cream and go to arcades anymore

- People want to date someone who has a car, and I don't have one and don't want one

- I can't depress, rant, or express my sadness or rage because people say: "Grow up!"

- My brain is supposed to be fully developed, so I'll never know what experiencing young love is

- Potential girlfriends will want me for my academic grade, my inexisting married aspirations and my echonomical stability, anything but for who I am and how I look

- Potential girlfriends will ask me for marriage and babies, no matter if I'm not ready

- People from my age act like my parents

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

That I have the massive urge to have sex with any attractive girl that I see.

That I can't find a girlfriend because of my interests.

I have to endure the bore fest that is school.

I love girls to the point of obsession.
EDIT: BTW, I'm 16.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I'm 22.

- People keep expecting me to "grow up"
- I'm expected to take on responsibilities I don't want
- I'm hounded to get a job in uncomfortable ways
- I see everyone around me in a relationship/getting married (I've never even gone on a date)
- I'm basically told that I'm not allowed to have fun
- People think it's weird that I like My Little Pony

Edited by Conan Royal
  • Brohoof 3

I'm 18.

• People wonder why I'm not driving yet. (I can't due to a sleep disorder.)
  • People keep pestering me to get a job. (I'm actually applying to several places this week.)
  • People wonder why I've never dated anybody before. 
  • I can die for my country (Actually I can't even join military due to said sleep disorder) but I can't drink yet. 
  • People expect me to know what I want to do with my life. They think I should have every last detail planned out. 
  • Brohoof 1

I'm 17 there isnt much to hate

I'm 20 and

If I hang with younger people, they think I'm some molester

Parents keep telling me to "grow up"

I would hang out with you mate your only 20 that's pretty young 

as for your parents they should butt out your an adult they shouldn't tell you how to live

I'm 18.

• People wonder why I'm not driving yet. (I can't due to a sleep disorder.)
  • People keep pestering me to get a job. (I'm actually applying to several places this week.)
  • People wonder why I've never dated anybody before. 
  • I can die for my country (Actually I can't even join military due to said sleep disorder) but I can't drink yet. 
  • People expect me to know what I want to do with my life. They think I should have every last detail planned out. 

I could relate I dont drive because i'm scared I much rather be a passenger 

and I dont have a job because I want to finish school first

yet people ask me why haven't I done these yet

• Brohoof 1

I’m 26

-        The pressure of having to be a “grown up”: I still get freaked out getting called a “man”. I don’t feel different to when I was a teen, and I don’t see my reflection in the mirror being a grown up either. And it’s like the rest of the world sees me as now being officially “a man” and I still feel younger mentally and physically even with a beard.

-         The majority of my friends have passed there driving test at 17, and I’m coming up to 27 next year and I’m still on provisional and only taken the test once and obviously failed

-        The realisation that in four years I’ll be 30, and I still haven’t got a girlfriend or a job

I'm 13

- Please I'm not your stereotype teenager. I barely spend any time on my phone and I don't have a facebook

-At my school it's all about looks. I hate using makeup but if you don't look pretty people hate you

-Uggghhh the moodswings

-I seem to be extremly young compared to people on these forums -_-

- I wish I could be older, I'm told I'm more mature than most teenagers

-Apparently you find your true friends and talents, not happening

• Brohoof 3

Besides those damned hormones ( :(), I am forced to subject myself to the presence of my peers that act like lobotomized bonobos, and whose literacy is clearly derived from "teh intrnet lulz [sic]"

(I'm 14)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm 14

- I have to go to that prison known as school

- I'm forced to look at other kids my age act like mentally-unstable monkeys

- I can't buy an 18-rated game by myself (I just want to buy Bioshock 2!)

- People instantly judge my maturity, intelligence and attitude by my age

- People instantly judge my tastes and interests by my age

- Adults are in control of my life

- Free-Will is non-existent when you're my age

Hey people, I'm not a stereotypical teenager! I hardly use my phone, I despise Facebook/Twitter (they're cyberbully networks) and I don't play Call of Duty!

Edited by GrauWitz
  • Brohoof 2

well mate you gotta take what life you have left and make it the best

I know this -- but the thing about it is when you are 20, you can do things in a 5-10 year timeframe and still benefit from it afterwards.  When you are 45, time investments become different as if you spend the time, you do not have as much time to reap the benefits.  Personally, I would rather be 20, or rather have the normal lifespan of people be 200 instead of 75.

I can think of both sides of this song...

being 21 I hate feeling the pressure that I have to drink just because I am 21... Like seriously I don;t care to drink that often or at all because I don't like the way it makes me feel most of the time. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm 27. 

I actually really like this age.

It was only the initial thing of "OMG I'M IN MY LATE TWENTIES... WOAH I'M NEARLY 30! HOW'D THAT HAPPEN?!" that was a little awkward, being as I still feel way "younger" inside. But it got me thinking - I will actually never lose my personality or character: the very things which make me how I am. I only state that I feel "younger" because having a childish sense of humor is thought to be something only children have, but they don't. Sure I will go through changes to some degree through the trials of life, but I'm still me. If I were to lose something as major as my sense of humor, I would consider my "spirit broken" - I'm hanging onto that as much as possible. 

And that thought process has obliterated all fear of aging for me. I'm now not the slightest bit worried about turning 30, or 40, or 50... I'll still be me. The only additional worries aging would bring me would be health-related. 

• Brohoof 2

I’m 25, but I often feel like I’m old (and I can prove it with my some gray hairs in my mane). I had a nice life, full of adventures and events. I made a lot of “wrong” decisions, but I had my reasons; if I hadn’t made “wrong” choices, I wouldn’t be myself. Only one thing I hate about my age is that I spent almost half of my life for eventually nothing. I wish I had my dearest dream earlier, if I only could become a brony at least one year previously, if I only could... Well, I hope my temporary immortality will last longer than I expect.

Im 16.

People say I'm too old to like MLP.

Im going to be an adult soon D:

Fucking schoolwork. Hate it.

People expect you to be a part of a stereotype, either stereotypical girly girl that wants to go to the salon 24/7 or muscular dude thats the captain of the football team. Then you have people like me, who are antisocial.

The fact that you need to have an Instagram in order to be "popular"

The fact that you need to take selfies 24/7.

I wish I was 10 years old again :(

(edited)

I could go on a rant on how much I hate other 14 year olds, but I'll just list things that speak for themselves.

Stuff I don't do that everyone else does:

-Most shooters past the year 2010. (Valve and ID Software are the best.)

-Texting speech. (Example: "how r u")

-Smartphones and tablets.

-Facebook and Twitter.

-Most memes, specifically rage comics.

-"Reality" shows.

-Insults like "gay," "retarded," etc.

-Seth Macfarlane shows.

Stuff I do that no one else does:

-MLP:FiM. (M. Bison: "Of course!")

-Retro gaming and PC gaming. (Like I said: Valve and ID. The SNES and N64 are pretty fun, too.)

-Programming on computers.

-LEGOs and Bionicles.

-I'm a male and I have freaking long hair.

That's not even the end of it. But some people say that for my age I'm actually pretty smart and mature, (I mean, I can fix a nearly unusuable computer from viruses.) and sometimes I wish I was older.

Edited by Kilobyte_Writer9K
  • Brohoof 2

I could go on a rant on how much I hate other 14 year olds, but I'll just list things that speak for themselves.

Stuff I don't do that everyone else does:

-Most shooters past the year 2010. (Valve and ID Software are the best.)

-Texting speech. (Example: "how r u")

-Smartphones and tablets.

-Facebook and Twitter.

-Most memes, specifically rage comics.

-"Reality" shows.

-Insults like "gay," "retarded," etc.

-Seth Macfarlane shows.

Stuff I do that no one else does:

-MLP:FiM. (M. Bison: "Of course!")

-Retro gaming and PC gaming. (Like I said: Valve and ID. The SNES and N64 are pretty fun, too.)

-Programming on computers.

-LEGOs and Bionicles.

-I'm a male and I have freaking long hair.

That's not even the end of it.

My word, man, you're practically my doppelganger!  The differences are negligible!   

(edited)

15. Razzle dazzle.

• Trying to balance between wanting to become more independent and realizing how inexperienced you are at this whole "responsibility" shindig.

Me: Don't worry Mom, I know how to make myself dinner.

Me: I think. 

• The fact that crushes are a thing that people have. When'd I miss the boat? There is literally an entire class of conversation now devoted to things that are as relevant and comprehensible to me as Dwarf Fortress.

Friend: Did you see the new guy? He is so expressively fans self

Me: *glances over at him at a lunch table*

Me: *amicably shrugs and returns to eating noodles*

• I'm gonna guess and hope that some of my mood-swingyness is just part of being a teenager.

Me: Aww self, you're so awesome and productive and sweet too!  :wub: 

Me: You suck and have no social life and this project is impossible to do and you just wish the day could be over because everyone expects so much of you.  :(

• Being told that your thoughts are based off of gross inexperience, and not knowing whether or not you have the experience to refute that claim.

Person: YOU THINK YOU'RE ALL THAT HUH

Me: My gut tells me to disagree but that might just be part of my teenagerness:o 

Me: Maybe I should just not have opinions.

Person: No! You need to figure out how to think critically!

Me: Okay!

Person: BUT YOU WONT ACTUALLY KNOW HOW UNTIL YOU'RE OLDER

Person: YOU'LL BE ENTIRELY INCORRECT IN YOUR BELIEFS BUT TRUST ME YOU'LL NEED THIS AS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE

Me: 

tumblr_mg5iqeuqq61rthxy9o1_500.gif

Edit:

• Oh, and one for other people my age; deciding that all of your peers are stupid. Either I'm crushingly idealistic or people my age are way way way cynical. Cynical with a vengeance
Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 2

Taxes. Seriously I fucking hate having to do taxes every year. Every damn year.

And being 21, everyone expects you to know how to do taxes now. But I honestly had no clue, because thanks to being military, I had never done them before.