Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you hate about your age?

RainbowMau

I'm 16 and I hate people constantly shouting at me, telling me to get laid.

not being old enough to join my cs:go team at a professional level.

unable to follow me endeavours due to a busy daily life.

Its the age where you can start acting independently but also the age where all these expectations start to pile up, a lot of pressure.

And its the age that you start to become emotionally stupid, I laugh at how idiotic I get at times :P

• Brohoof 1

I don't like getting older... I know that sounds absurd, at only the age of 25. However, the older I get the worse I feel, and the more I feel like a failure. Let me just say, 25 was never an age I planned on making it to. So I don't know what I'm doing anymore... I didn't foresee making it here.

But if I can try to get away from that depressing stuff... (I'll try! And probably fail, but that's me... I'm the best at failing. xD)

~The main thing that upsets me is partially what I mentioned above... Everybody else is out there living their lives, getting boyfriends/girlfriends (then husbands/wives), having children, graduating from college/university, going into their careers... And here I sit, stuck in time. Living like I'm still in high school/early college, but stuck in a job with a shift that is probably killing me more. I want to get back up, but I can't. I'm now stuck. If only my year at university had gone differently, but nobody is to blame but me, and even if it had gone differently... I still would be going on for no reason but to comfort myself.

Oops, I'll stop myself there.

~The expectation to drink. It's so pervasive... Even among some of my friends from high school. They've changed. I don't feel comfortable drinking, and I don't feel comfortable around others drinking other. Or perhaps I should say I don't feel comfortable among the drinking 'crowd'.

~Another more personal one: The expectation to drive, and all of the stigmas around me not driving. I understand, driving is great. Driving is an amazing way to be independent. but I can't drive. I never will be able to. At my age and my type of location (public transportation is still pretty limited where I live) this is very looked down upon by, like, everybody. Because everybody drives. Then, because I can't drive I have to burden my friends when we want to ever go out and do anything, or I have to continue to burden my parents. *sighs*

• Brohoof 3

~The main thing that upsets me is partially what I mentioned above... Everybody else is out there living their lives, getting boyfriends/girlfriends (then husbands/wives), having children, graduating from college/university, going into their careers... And here I sit, stuck in time. Living like I'm still in high school/early college, but stuck in a job with a shift that is probably killing me more. I want to get back up, but I can't. I'm now stuck. If only my year at university had gone differently, but nobody is to blame but me, and even if it had gone differently... I still would be going on for no reason but to comfort myself.

I kinda know how you feel there. At 28, I kinda feel like I should be doing more or at least something else, but here I am. I look at some of my friends and see them on their own and doing relatively well. I still live with my parents, which isn't a bad thing itself as it allows me to build for my future, but at the same time that nagging feeling is present.

Also, driving isn't always what it's cracked up to be. >_<

Anywho, in regards to relationships, the hardest thing is that people EXPECT me to have a girlfriend by now at least; or else my sexual orientation is questioned half the time (not by my parents though). It gets so annoying when you have to defend yourself on that mark.

I'm sure there's something else...

-At my school it's all about looks. I hate using makeup but if you don't look pretty people hate you

I'd just let people hate me if that were the case. It's perfectly okay to be hated for the right reasons. :lol:

If you hate makeup, don't wear it. If people hate you purely for that then they aren't worth your time anyway.

- I wish I could be older, I'm told I'm more mature than most teenagers

I was told the same thing around your age. Ten years later and I haven't changed and now I'm a "man-child" to a lot of people. I don't listen though. I'm too busy playin' video games.

ain-t-nobody-got-time-fo-dat-sweet-brown

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm sixteen years old.

-People will call out others for stereotyping based on race, gender, and sexuality, but nobody will give a flying buck when you stereotype based on age. For the last time, I don't say 'swag', drive recklessly, and text sixty words per minute.

-People will tell you that 'You haven't seen enough of the world.' when you're a teenager. Although I'm not one to immediately disagree, not giving me a better explanation is pretty annoying regardless of if it can be done or not.

-My brother told me that, when I reach my late teenage years, all of my peers will suddenly seem really stupid. I don't know if it's me, them, or both, but my brother's right.

Edited by Asterisk Propernoun

37 years old. To me it is not age, but the passing of time itself and the constant reminder of our mortality.

-What remains of my grandparent's generation, their friends, family keep passing away

-My parents friends keep facing health issues.

-Watching my own children age into teens and worrying if they are truly prepared. What if I have failed and am failing them in some way.

That's basically it. I quite love being in my age range. I loved being a child, a teenage, a new adult, a 20 something, and now. The only time I could honestly say I had misgivings was when I found out I was going to be a father. 22 years old and barely starting my career. I ... was ... scared ... shitless. I thought I was far too young to be a parent. Outside of that ... I love my age. It's my relation to every other age around me that gives me pause.

Well.. Let's just say that I hate age stereotyping. I hate it more than MOST other types of stereotyping.

Children aren't stupid nor are they made out of porcelain.

Teenagers can take more decision than most parents think. Adults should also learn that teenagers tend to bluff a lot.

Young-adults aren't old people. They propably don't know what they want to do in life, and they can't just "grow up" from one day to the next (I'm in this catagory, btw (23)).

Adults (30+) don't have to be boring and serieus all the time. They can also do cool stuff, you just have to understand their (possible) physical decline.

Seniors - Same as adults. + In most western societies, it seems like they aren't being respected for their life experience. This counts double for elderly people.

Let's tip this off with one thing I hate.. You are expected to hang out with people your own age. BUCK THAT, I hang out with all ages. And our societie should really do that more, because you can share experiences.

@Rant

-Most older people avoid me why? Because I'm younger? Doesnt make much sense when I know almost every senior in highschool :/.

- When I am picked on by cousins for being younger than they are there 16...

- the fact that I am so close to getting a job so I can get some money

- I dont know ran out of ideas XD

13 right now

Wat pesters me (idk if it's a word) is kids thinking they have swag and sh©® like that

Bullying ( luckily I dont

Saying cod is better than bf ( some kids do prefer bf than cod

Saying online that you are hacking frikin noobs

Say if stuff is gay ex: mlp

Actin ghetto

Ask in for takis im not greedy unless I have to share with the whole school

im 24 i haven't met anyone else my age that i like. typically, people around my age that i encounter are into partying, drinking and drugs, and acting stupid as it was a virtue to proud of.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm going to be 17 in September soo....

-I'm expected to do things on my own and be responsible. I'm too lazy! Now get me a drink!

-Can't go long distance alone. I can't travel anywhere!!!

-I get made fun of by peers and get called names like "kindergartener" and stuff like that cause I like MLP.

-I have to sit next to pple I hate 6 hours a day for 10 months for the last 15 years and I have 1 more year left.

I CAN'T STAND IT!!!

-I have to deal with teenage bitches who always look at me like "EWW WHO THE HELL IS SHE?!!"

-I wish I was born earlier so I could have been done with all the above and have gone to college by now!

-I'm the youngest out of everyone in my family (even cousins) so it makes it a whole lot worse since I'm the only one without a life.

-I just CAN'T put makeup on like other girls my age. I only wear it occasionally like cosplaying and formal wear. When I do put it on, it's so hard for me while all the other girls can put it on easily. It's like my effin motor skills or something.

-AND B.O.. I stink. Even if I shower, I still stink. And I'll have it for the rest of my life. I hope future technology would make my B.O. smell like roses.

-Can't get a bf cause no guy likes me. I think it's that smell *sniff* *sniff* That smelly smell. And the fact I don't wear makeup. I LOOK LIKE I'M FREAKIN 11!! I'm going to be a senior soon and pple think I'm a freshman. Good for when I'm 40 but not good right now.

Edited by RainbowPastel

(edited)

I'm a teenager and I have the obvious problems. Everyone is obssessed as hell about getting boyfriends / girlfriends, boys flirt with any

girl that breathes and looks remotely good, everyone wants to know what's 'in' and 'hip', they don't care about grades, stressing out over grades and homework and schoolwork, I 'need' to fit into a stereotype, I need to be like OMG so obssessed with instagram and texting people, YOLO and swag... yeah.

And then my parents wonder why i'm 'antisocial'.

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 3

Well I am 20 

- Time is really going by too fast it seems now.

- most people my age I know are already married and having kids which is the very last thing on my mind at the moment. 

- Finding out those who truly are your friends out all the people whom you have known throughout highschool.

(edited)

Fourteen-year-old.

- People don't take me seriously enough and/or treat me like a child.

- Peers talk about popular shows and irritating acronyms and overused memes and I'm just sitting here going—

- Having a baby Asian voice. I don't like it. Wish my voice'd mature faster.

- The lack of freedom that comes with being under the custody of your parents. Oh, and who could forget about the aforementioned guardians signing you up for things you've never given consent to? "Sorry, kiddo. You're too young to understand."

- Relationships. Doy.

Nobody-cares-spongebob.jpg

Edited by Clarity
  • Brohoof 1

im 24 i haven't met anyone else my age that i like. typically, people around my age that i encounter are into partying, drinking and drugs, and acting stupid as it was a virtue to proud of.

Same age, but the  people I know are like me. Few friends at best, career, education or some main focus and not much time for anything else.

Kinda dull really.

• 6 years later...

I love my age actually at 27 I have already gotten an university degree and have already made a fortune, my life is at a full swing. Only thing I could say I hate about my age is a lot of people seem obsessed with getting you to start a family which is a huge responsibility. Yet like I just want to enjoy living my life at its fullest, travel the world and further my studies as well while investing more of my fortune and to me starting a family is an investment of time that comes later.

I am 17 years old currently. I have not a lot to complain about it. When your 16 they say you have to go get your drivers lisence and all that...I hated hearing "your only 16".  Just makes me cringe.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

19, turning 20 in a month. I'm old enough to join the military and get killed yet still not allowed to smoke weed. I also feel like time is passing too fast and it makes me feel uncomfortable.

the fact that my last post on this thread was almost 7 years ago and I was 13 makes me feel old

Edited by ExpitheCat

It's not the best nor the worst. But I hate it how everything started to ache and I'm losing more motivation.

18 this coming Wednesday. Almost all my friends already know what they're going to do with their lives and I'm still scratching my head wondering what I'm doing next month. 

On 2021-04-03 at 12:03 PM, Cash_In said:

18 this coming Wednesday. Almost all my friends already know what they're going to do with their lives and I'm still scratching my head wondering what I'm doing next month. 

You and me both!