Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you hate about your age?

RainbowMau

22 hours ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

Having to pay for my own car/health insurance and all other bills :maud:

Yep,  thankfully I paid off my student debt and only have to worry bout living bills if anything.    I would say also having those aches and pain when it rains.  :eww:

• Brohoof 1

29 and male. Some of the things i hate about my age are some things everyones probs going through.

1. My catchphrases are dated. No one thinks im hip anymore when I end my sentences with "yo" or "ya heard?" My references either go over peoples heads or they'll say "oh...isnt that from that one show?"

2. Male Pattern Baldness. No longer can i be a long haired cutey patootey. I am slowly become bald and patchy haired with no cure known to mankind. I need a magic hair growth potion from Zecora...STAT!

3. Holding down a job. Getting to the age where employers stop looking at you cause your too old for entry level work.

4. watching all my tv shows end or get cancelled. 

• Brohoof 1

The main issue I have is the lack of mental acuity, specifically memory. I can’t retain anything anymore! It makes it extremely hard to learn anything new and that drives me berserk. I don’t like getting tired all the time and having no interest in anything. I feel like I have to light a fire under myself just to do the simplest tasks. I’m not exactly ancient, but I’m not what I was when I was 13 anymore, and I really kinda wish I was. I can deal with physical appearance of aging because that’s just a matter of vanity, but I do want to keep my brain functioning for a while longer if possible.

Nothing really 25 is a pretty good age ngl. Old enough to rent a car on a vacation but still young enough to be considered young by most people. 

Well, I certainly have noticed a physical decline that began in my late twenties. But that is not necessarily the standard for everyone, of course. I do have a condition that caused this. However, the chances of getting such conditions ramps up. No one ever told me that would happen by my thirties. (and... I also had health issues set in on me right at age 18, so...)

I also have noticed that I have began to lose some of my vocabulary. Like words I used to be able to recall, I now can't and have to attempt to look them up through a thesaurus. Lol.

I didn't know that things went downhill this much in our thirties. D:

28.  I hate that a lot of the people I used to hang out with a lot now have kids or are married and we don’t really hang anymore, and hanging with a younger crowd makes you look like a creep. 

No more novelty ages.  Like becoming old enough to drive a car, then drink, then be able to rent a car.  Stuff like that.   It all just is now, and doesn’t feel cool anymore cause there’s no new feeling to it 

A lot of people seem to expect you to be grown up and boring by this age, and if you aren’t you may as well still be a child or whatever. 

And the fact that adulting just sucks in general. 

• Brohoof 2

@AppleButt I have never understood why people are in such hurry to have kids. Luckily I've not really known too many who have kids but like dude you are spending your younger years like forfeiting your young adult years to have such a large responsibility that kids are and will be for at least twenty years. Very least wait for your mid thirties when you are financially better off the very least.

However largely I am part of younger groups then myself. I simply have more in common with those younger people.

Though I feel like a lot of people begin to pretend they are something they are not. I live my life pretty much the same I did at the age of fifteen and sixteen perhaps because I have always been exercising so I am at peak health. Still there often does feel like there is some prejudice towards someone that prefers girls younger then themselves I mean by that younger then yourself and legal age of course. I think some think it is creepy because they don't understand that age really does not matter in a relationship or dating unless as long as they are legal that is. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm 36:

I not suppose to own toys, I do bought few things that was toddler toys.

I meant to act my age, I meant to be a adult. Well I'm human. Mean I don't cry like a kids and been in tanturm

I meant to out the house, still living with parents-some/most have problem with that, what do they want me to be?

Friends or hang out or even talk/chat with under 21s, will make me a weird?

Meant to do adult things, what is that exctly?

Not meant to enjoy cartoons and Tv shows for kids

Meant to be married & have kids, you be sad being alone

Meant to have my room like adult, my room is weird but I like it. It not even like a child's room. It does have many posters and pictures in my wall, door and cupboard and few stuffs about on the floor.

Superheroes, Comic Books, anime and video games are enjoyed by all ages.

• Brohoof 1

30 and I feel like I'm no longer amongst the youngsters anymore. I just feel like an outcast among other, younger people who were born in the 2000s, or the late 90s who are still in their 20s, as whatever youth that's left in me is gradually wasting away. Not to mention that I'm not able-bodied to be able to do well at strenuous jobs, especially given the lack of disability benefits where I live in. I could've gotten a kid or two, but I don't have any kind of housing to live in, and it can get stupidly expensive just to be able to raise a kid due to a lack of job.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Only thing I hate about my age is that I can't stop myself from getting older. I wish I could be 27 forever! Oh no... Only little more than 3 months and I'm 28 :Cozy: