Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you hate about your gender?

RainbowMau

(edited)

i am a male and i hate

how everyone always expects me to strain my guts out lifting something heavy for them "even other MEN who can do it themselves"

how everyone expects me to be able to talk sports stats when i hate sports

how pretty much everyone expects me to have had sex by now and how it somehow makes you unmanly to have never done it when you are almost 30 like me

how other men always try to "out man" you by always rubbing there new sports car or motorcycle in your face LOL

always being expected to prove myself to other men and prove how manly i am or else get my "man card " revoked.

people automatically thinking i am a total idiot because i am a guy and all the tv shows that portray men as total morons

people expecting me to never show emotion like spock

women hating me because i never show emotion like spock

constantly being asked about my wife and kids and people thinking i am gay because i am not married and have no kids and have no girl friend

people expecting me to smoke and drink beer LOL or spaz out in front of the tv all day watching football

and most of all HOW PRETTY MUCH EVERY FEMALE EXPECTS ME TO BE THE ONE TO KILL SPIDERS AND MICE! like kill them yourself LOL don't throw the job on me

Edited by simba86
  • Brohoof 1

Stereotypes and Gender Roles are the biggest issues I have with the whole thing. Who the hay came up with the whole idea anyway? Is it really such a bad thing to let people do as they please without worrying whether or not it 'suits' their gender? I fail to see any major downsides to it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Probably what most girls hate:

My period

Again... Everything that has to do with period ever(cramps, the bleeding, the spooky hormones, the cravings, the messed up stomach I get, body swelling up... Did I mention the cramps?)

Being seen as weak because of my gender

Having the pressure of doing make up everyday to look pretty at all << It's really nothing I can avoid anymore.

Oh and not being able to have sex with a man without really worrying if I'm going to become pregnant or not.  :okiedokielokie:

I think what @babymoondust wrote basically covered it all, to be honest.

Edited by darkwingmare

I'm male but i feel like id rather have the options of the female everything like clothing that has cute things on them.. i love cute things :)

and many others that have already posted in this thread have hit the nail in the head with expectations of how males should behave and dress. the stigma is slowly dieing out the more progressive thinkers become the future.

Id love to wear a minnie mouse sweater or sit while i pee sometimes without being criticized "not that i care what anyone thinks about how i pee" just saying.

im definitely am a bit girly lol.

i enjoy being a kind caring male figure just wish the stigma was not there if i want to be anything i shouldn't have to worry how ill be judged

I am on the non-binary branch.

I am Androgyne, I hate being called a 'she' or 'her', even worse, an 'it'. Just because I was born a female, doesn't mean I still am one.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a guy, and I'm pretty well off. Shouldn't complain.

But being a youngster and thus having high testosterone levels can be problematic, I'm sure some people here know what I'm talking about... :blush:

Being a dude, I have a lot of shit thrown at me by society, including...

• As a man, I have a lot of society's expectations demands for a man on my shoulders.
  • I'm expected to be an emotionless stump of a human being with no emotions apart from Anger and Rage.
  • I'm expected to be tough and always ready to throw punches or fire bullets.
  • I'm expected to shun everything that is "girly" and drive trucks with massive wheels, down gallons of beer, eat massive steaks (I'm okay with this one...), and run around screaming "MURICA!" while telling those who are less "manly" to man up.
  • People think I'm a disgusting mentally-damaged neckbeard for liking MLP, Anime, and Video Games. 

Apart from that stuff, it's mainly the stereotypes and gender role expectations of men that I hate about my gender.

The worst thing about being male is the fact that the most sensitive and easy to injure part of your body is placed on the outside, where it can easily be hit by toddlers, large dogs, and errant baseball pitches.

Seriously, talk about a design flaw.

(edited)

I am male, and I have no problem with my sex, I have a problem with the stereotypes and "politically correct" assumptions towards males.

For example: if a man hits a woman because she hit him first, he'd still get arrested.

If a man can't do something physical, like lifting something, then they're considered "weak".

What would you assume if a girl stared at a guy sexually? She'd be "flirting", right? Now imagine the opposite situation. Usually, man would be considered a "creep".

Oh, and the whole "EWW, BRONIES" thing.

The list goes on (not just for men though, I know that women have it rough in other ways too.)

Come to think of it, the closest thing to a problem I have with my gender would be Random Wood, but I prefer that over periods (no offense ladies).

Edited by Shenron00

The worst thing about being male is the fact that the most sensitive and easy to injure part of your body is placed on the outside, where it can easily be hit by toddlers, large dogs, and errant baseball pitches.

Seriously, talk about a design flaw.

A real Achilles...erm, heel, in a way, isn't it.

We really should be wearing protective cups more often.  I think I'm going to bring back the fashion of medieval codpieces, in fact.  Armored codpieces. 

I honestly couldn't imagine being a male. I'm fine with being a female.

The only thing that really irks me is that when a guy sleeps around he's praised, but god forbid a girl even think about having sex. Then she's a "slut". I'm not saying anyone should sleep around, but most girls don't deserve all the scorn they get. Just because she's not a virgin doesn't mean she tramps around. And just because a teenage girl is a little frisky and thinks about sex doesn't make her a whore like society tries to make them seem. Believe it or not, we masturbate/get horny just like the guys. Most just aren't vocal about it because of ridicule.

Honestly I don't hate anything about my gender because it doesn't really matter what I am.

Though I do hate stereotypes, and all the s***storms that happen because of them.  :wat:

I am a male, and I don't really have anything I hate about my gender. My gender doesn't really define my personality, or my interests, or anything of the sort. In fact, I tend to be more neutral about my interests and personality, having a fair bit of feminine traits, as well as the masculine.

As for the physical aspects, being a male does allow me to have larger muscle mass, which I use constantly at work and at home. But the one things that is a downside is male genitals. They are such a nuisance at times, never wanting to stay in one place, and always doing their best to be uncomfortable in your underwear. If I could just replace it with a womans parts, keeping the rest of my body the same, I probably would. Of course... I might change my mind after the first period.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the biggest thing for me, being a guy, is all the gender stereotypes. Yes, there are guys that are extremely masculine, guys who are über macho, and guys that don't really have any sense of emotion. Not every guy is like that, though. There are guys like me that aren't afraid to cry, guys who are sensitive, compassionate, and not afraid to leave their comfort zone. Everyone's different, and with how society is these days, a lot of these old stereotypes don't apply anymore.

Im a guy and basically if I said I was a brony I was called gay

another thing is that i can't enjoy doing female activities without being called gay when I'm actually straight

I can't watch any MLP episodes without being alone by myself

and finally my feminine - masculine like attitude gets me bullied(a lot of times )

As a female I hate: 

• Periods and cramps. UGH. Oh and I hate boobs on myself. I don't want them. :eww: 

• That we don't get paid the same amount as men for the same job.
  • Gender equality is not equal right now. :/ 
  • Many other things that I cannot think of right now. 

Things I hate about being a male.

-My junk emerging when I don't want it to.

-Stereotypes/gender roles because the bible and dna say I have to do certain way.

-Generally less sympathy because i'm a male.

-Not wanting a wife and kids makes me a failure.

• 5 years later...

I mainly have issues with stereotypes.

Here are some other things I have issues with:

- people telling me to act like a man/man up: I hate this because it's just a form of pressuring me to do things I don't want to do based solely on a stereotypical view of what I should be as a man and not what I am.

- women are smarter than men: This is very annoying, degrading, and discriminatory against men. It bothers me because it it a narrow-minded, stereotypical, incorrect view of me as a man, just because my brain is biologically different than that of a woman's does not mean my intelligence is inherently lower than a woman's. I'm not claiming my intelligence is high or better than many women's, but I am stating that one cannot say that women in general are smarter than me based solely on the fact that I am male.

things I hate about living as a guy

- equipment getting more prominent at random
- being told to "man up"
- being expected to like football and sports

I would speak as the gender I'm currently trying to transition to (female)
but I haven't been able to fully live as female yet (being that I don't pass, and a few other issues that hold me back for now), so I don't really have much of a good perspective yet of living as female

The things I don't like about being a guy are:

- Having to hide things I like because I'm not supposed to like them, mlp for example.
- People being generally ruthless and uncaring towards you because it's ok to treat you badly.
- Spending most of my life being bullied for not being masculine enough.
- Also being accused of being too masculine for not showing my feelings and not believing I should hate myself for being male.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

Periods

And yeah my other issues are more people related(things said and the way they treat me).

How expensive certain things are that we use. Like pads/tampons ffs every time I go the grocery store the prices on those have been raised up. My wallet cries when I need to buy new Bras. 

- Periods of course

- The fact that it’s still considered the “lesser” gender in some cases 🙄

- How shrill some girls’ voices can get, including my own

- The fact that we can’t take our shirts off when it’s real hot out and we just have to let our clothes stick to us