Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Big Mac or Bulk Biceps

ggg-2

Big Mac or Bulk Biceps  

57 users have voted

1. 1. which one is in better shape?

• Bulk Biceps
    • Big Mac

Big Mac, he has that natural lean muscle mass from years of farmwork while Bulk Biceps of Macho Pony as I often call him is often shown with his veins popping out which has indeed lead to a lot of the steroid jokes. It is possible that Macho Pony could be stronger than Big Mac but even if that is the case than I suspect that Big Mac probably has him beat in speed and endurance and there are also plenty of weight lifters who make the mistake of focusing too much on muscle strength and neglect muscle endurance as well as flexibility and cardio and it is possible that this could be the case with Bulk Biceps.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Mac is stronger. He's grown naturally strong as a result of years of hard work from a young age, where as Bulk Biceps probably gained his size over the course of a few months or a year or two.

Also Bulk is a pegasus, being heavy is not natural for them. Mac is an earth pony, strength and endurance are natural traits they develop.

Edited by Shire Pony Malinter
  • Brohoof 1

Muscle volume does not equate to the traits and abilities we call "strength". Which is a way of saying just because Bulk Biceps is physically larger in many ways than Big Macintosh, does not mean he is stronger. I also am in the belief that Big Mac is stronger.

One of the important traits of strength is the ability to use muscles to perform Work (force over distance or time) in any capacity that may be required. Weight training using a barbell or bench press does not always result in this ability, since those motions are limited and therefore the muscles would only be developed to act on muscle memory for a certain action. I can say from experience that hard outdoor labor requires the ability to exercise strong movements in a variety of unpredictable positions and directions, and Big Macintosh we've seen does plenty of that. Even if it doesn't result in as-visible physique, pulling carts, planting stuff, climbing trees and picking up weirdly shaped heavy things like stones or rocks or baskets means more useful strength in your muscles than straight training them with weights in specific repeated motions.

On the matter of diet, I also know from experience that the best way to keep yourself working on a labor-workin' day is to simply consume a lot of food (and preferably nothing processed). If you're eating 4000 calories a day and burning 4000 calories a day (which on either end, would be an enormous intake but also an enormous expenditure-- like, double the energy capacities of a regular healthy person) then you're fit as a fiddle because you're balanced. I know nothing of fancy diets but I do know that keeping a consistent level of food consumption and output effort means your metabolism will be exercised and you'll stay around the same weight. Protein shakes and nuts may be one way to keep your calories up, but so does having two breakfasts made of pancakes, hashbrowns, muffins, coffee, eggs, bacon and oatmeal.

In case of strength and shape it has to be :mellow:

You could see him move entire house in Heart And Hoof Day. He could probably lift Bulk Biceps along with his weights.

Bulk is not really in shape. In real life, people with such amount of muscles have a lot of health issues and tend to live really short. They often end their career as bodybuilder early. Lots of muscles nees a lots of oxygen to work which affect your health.

Poor Bulk Biceps. Nobody voted for him yet.  :(

img-2845589-1-Fluttershy_and_Bulk_Biceps

I think the most sad part is that he may die from lung failure if he won't stop focusing on weight lifting.

Big Mac looks healthy, and as observed in "Hearts and Hooves" day, he can pull entire buildings. 

Bulk Bicep just looks like he injected a ton of steroids to have bulges, that do not always translate to strength.

Plus, personality-wise, Big Mac is a winner. His being in shape is a side-effect of his hard work and determination. Contrast with Bulk Biceps, who only works out so he can have large biceps.

If Bulk Biceps' cutie mark is to be believed, he's probably strong from the perspective of weightlifting, and would probably have Big Mac beat. Big Mac's strength, however, comes from a combination of good genes and all-around hard work, which has probably built up most of him and given him endurance to boot.

Bulk Biceps' huge muscles are actually a bad thing for him, as it seems to keep him from flying well. So, I'd say Big Mac has it better.

Bulk Biceps is a pegasus so it is very unlikely that he is as strong as Big Mac. But I also don't think his strength is recent because his cutie mark would suggest a longer period of strength training.

Well, while Bulk BIceps might look strong and stuff, I feel Big mac is more well rounded and thus would be stronger in actuality. Bulk Biceps seems like a lot of muscle, and may be strong, but I feel like a lot of the muscle is for show or something. 

So I'm going with Big mac, plus Big mac has way more endurance from what we've seen.

Ever seen Rocky IV? Bulk Biceps is Drago and Big Mac is Rocky.

Seriously though. Too much muscle mass causes strain on joins. Also, who knows, Bulk Biceps could have a myostatic mutation that caused that much mass. Too much bulk and your heart is working overtime and all. Animals with that tend to have shorter life spans.