Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever had a lucid dream?  

167 users have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had a lucid dream?

• Yes
    • No

I tried and was awesome and weird! was a big room, there was a huge cylinder at the middle and the floor looks like a chess board. Was about a game, there was 4 teams, each team have a queen and her army, the queens had to kill the other queens so that way they can steal her army, the army can't attack without the permission of the queen, but If the queen orders it or she attack a soldier, the other armies would attack them. I was a queen B) , and I was winning with 3 armies, when I was fighting with the last queen (we was using spades) I tried to cut her hand but then she put the spade in my belly and start walking at me, then I wake up rubbing my belly http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Lucid dreaming is awesome. When I was younger I couldn't do it, but after a little practice. Or something. I could. Now I dream all the time, change the world to my whims. Dreams are pretty sweet.

Actually, I can't remember the last time I had a dream that WASN'T lucid... I wonder if something's wrong with me... nah I'm sure I'm fine.

I've been researching about Lucid Dreaming half a year ago and I know that dreaming about anything sexually related would wake you up.

True! (Don't ask me how I know)

I tried and was awesome and weird! was a big room, there was a huge cylinder at the middle and the floor looks like a chess board. Was about a game, there was 4 teams, each team have a queen and her army, the queens had to kill the other queens so that way they can steal her army, the army can't attack without the permission of the queen, but If the queen orders it or she attack a soldier, the other armies would attack them. I was a queen B) , and I was winning with 3 armies, when I was fighting with the last queen (we was using spades) I tried to cut her hand but then she put the spade in my belly and start walking at me, then I wake up rubbing my belly http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Did you just change tenses like 8 times?! Past, present, past, present, past, present, past, present...

• 1 month later...

SWEET MOTHER OF CELESTIA, I JUST BECAME LUCID.

I was in my church with everyone else from my church and an Ultimate Chimera (mother 3), and everyone was like "SAVE THE CHILDREN!". For some strange reason, everyone could suddenly go into toaster-sized eggs, which was stupid, because if the eggs got crushed they basically died. :wacko:

It was a lot like a real life version of the

, but much more... deadly.

On 'round two', the Ultimate Chimera got released, along with a really strange, smaller version of it. it was black, much faster, and... really stupid. instead of chasing anyone, it just ran around in a circle. Later i was told it somehow killed itself. Anyways, i was on the second floor when the police from an earlier dream / section of the first dream came in. i thought they were gonna arrest me for something i did earlier- turns out they wanted me to do something else on the front lawn. they gave me a nerf-gun-sized AK47 and called it a shotgun.

That's when it happened.

they handed it to me and told me to grab some ammo from a box on the floor. i suddenly stopped and said "Wait, this isn't right... i'm dreaming?! :o "

i say "here, hold this, i'm gonna try something." and give the gun to the nearest police officer. I then attempt... SOMETHING on two conveniently placed bottles. i have no idea what i was trying to do to the caps, and that's PROBABLY why nothing happened. :(

I then continued on my dream, stupidly forgetting the whole reason i wanted to have a lucid dream in the first place- to visit PONYVILLE. :angry:

it IS, however, a BIG STEP (LolEarthboundrefrence) in achieving my ultimate goal, HUGGING FLUTTERSHY. :wub:

EDIT:

maybe my DREAM POWERS!!! placed the bottles there.

Edited by Ninjaneer
  • Brohoof 1

There was this site I used to go on, http://www.ld4all.com/forum . As for now, I don't usually go there anymore and I kind of lost interest in Lucid Dreaming. I know I could perform one technique very well, which consisted of WBTB and then WILD (acronyms for two techniques), which gave me a success rate of 90%. My dreams themselves were mostly hazy though. :/

The first and foremost importance would be a dream journal of some sorts, in order to adapt yourself to actually remember your dreams. Afterwards, it would be up to you how you worked your way up.

Now I think about it, I do want to try my going at it again. It was fun and yeah, all you do is sleep. Why not use that damned time? xD

And no, you do not go insane because of it. All it is is basically being aware of your dream.

Not every dream I have is lucid, but a lot of them are. It's been that way for most of my life. It's pretty cool. It's true (for me, at least) that if you try and force your dream into becoming sexual, 90% of the time it wakes you up. But it is possible. It even feels... real. It's bizarre.

Edited by Storm

I had a dream not long ago but it wasn't lucid dreaming, it was just another ordinary dream but it felt so real. I can only remember one small part of it and it was horrifying.

My mother was holding a knife at my throat, the sharp end was pointing straight at my neck. I was very nervous, afraid that she was going to slice me apart.

I woke up and took many deep breaths, went over to my mother's room and said..

"F*** you." :lol:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Wow, I haven't posted here in two months.

I was kinda scared- some communities have an unspoken rule- threads like five months old shouldn't get bumped.

Making a new thread would make zero sense though, and it'd probably get merged anyways.

I recently had another partially lucid dream though. You know what's funny though? The dream was about the movie INCEPTION. I was lucid lonf. enough to wake up from one dream, to wake up in the next one. Then I lost it.

I'm thinking each time I become lucid, I'm staying lucid for a bit longer.

Anyone else notice anything like this?

Psh i know i could never achieve a lucid dream, just when i start to control it, i die...

Like once (back when i was way into dragon stuff) I dreamnt I was a dragon rider, had full control of the dream... then I cut my hand open with a sword and bled to death, how lame is that.

I've been able to do it a few times. Only problem is that as soon as it happens, I slowly start to wake up. I end up acting out everything I can think of in the course of maybe 30 seconds. Usually I go straight to flying and get as high up in the sky as possible. I wish I could have them more often.

some thoughts,

dreams are experienced through interupted REM sleep.

I've found it possible to wake up, have a passing awareness of being awake, and return to sleep. Often with some varied continuation, or feeling of continuity. genereally this only happens when i've been drinking alchohol the previous day as it alters my sleep cycle.

A dream only makes sense when you are forced unexpectedly into a waking state, the lingering neuron firing patterns are then interpreted by the awaken mind. It's almost like a suspended note in music, over a key change. My feeling is that any sense of lucidity in a dream could only happen when the boundary between being awake and being asleep is rapidly moving back and forth. My feeling is that a dream isn't experienced when you are sleeping, it is only at the moment you are awake that otherwise bizzare neuron patterns are forced into interperetation.

Next time you wake up from a dream, try closing your eyes again. Fixate your attention on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination untill you fall back to sleep. Allow your eyes to follow the shapes. It's vital that when you fall back to sleep you can enter a REM state as quickly as possible.

I have had several lucid dreams, and I know how to dramatically increase the chances of getting one.

When I lucid dream I often end up bending the laws of physics trough telekinesis. But also other stuff like using magic.

Heh, once when I was a little kid I had a lucid dream, and in it I made myself the american dragon. You know. From the TV show.

Now the good part. How I get a lucid dream going.

First I just lay down flat on my back (in my bed ofcourse.) and try to be as comfortable as possible.

Not too hot,cold,folded blankets or anything like that. I lay straight with my arms along the sides of my body (Not touching my legs or belly.) and also with straight legs. Then it is critical that you lay COMPLETELY still. If you even twitch it might be ruined. Now you just lay like that.

After about 10-15 minutes you will get the floating sensation. You will no longer feel the bed under you, you will feel like you are floating. It is critical that you do not move.

After 20-30 minutes you will get "the twitch". (Some don't get this.) An impulsive urge to move a bodypart witch is nearly impossible to resist. (I often get it from the neck to my shoulder.) You must not move.

After 30-50 minutes "the twitch" will go away. When it does wait for the floating sensation. From here there are two things that can happen.

1. You move, and wake up.

2. You move, and you are in a dream. Knowing you are in a dream. Thus lucid dreaming.

Have fun!

note: this only works about 30% of the time, (For me that is.) and requires an incredibly strong willpower.

I do not dream anymore. Maybe it's because I don't sleep as many hours as I used to because whenever I do I remember my dreams, otherwise I don't remember and I might as well be dead. I do believe I have had at least 2 instances of sleep paralyzis. I remember waking up from a dream that may or may not have been lucid, and not being able to move at all or even breathe deeply, just small involuntary breaths. I was freaking out thinking that I had become a vegetable because of some freak accident overnight. But then I slowly started to regain control of my body, the first time was bad but the second time I didn't freak out as badly. I'm curious to look into this lucid dreaming, I'd love to go through Equestria lol.

I have had several lucid dreams, and I know how to dramatically increase the chances of getting one.

When I lucid dream I often end up bending the laws of physics trough telekinesis. But also other stuff like using magic.

Heh, once when I was a little kid I had a lucid dream, and in it I made myself the american dragon. You know. From the TV show.

Now the good part. How I get a lucid dream going.

First I just lay down flat on my back (in my bed ofcourse.) and try to be as comfortable as possible.

Not too hot,cold,folded blankets or anything like that. I lay straight with my arms along the sides of my body (Not touching my legs or belly.) and also with straight legs. Then it is critical that you lay COMPLETELY still. If you even twitch it might be ruined. Now you just lay like that.

After about 10-15 minutes you will get the floating sensation. You will no longer feel the bed under you, you will feel like you are floating. It is critical that you do not move.

After 20-30 minutes you will get "the twitch". (Some don't get this.) An impulsive urge to move a bodypart witch is nearly impossible to resist. (I often get it from the neck to my shoulder.) You must not move.

After 30-50 minutes "the twitch" will go away. When it does wait for the floating sensation. From here there are two things that can happen.

1. You move, and wake up.

2. You move, and you are in a dream. Knowing you are in a dream. Thus lucid dreaming.

Have fun!

note: this only works about 30% of the time, (For me that is.) and requires an incredibly strong willpower.

This may sound like a stupid question. :P But when do you do this? I have always done it at night right before bed, but I end up falling asleep before the paralysis occurs. :/

This may sound like a stupid question. :P But when do you do this? I have always done it at night right before bed, but I end up falling asleep before the paralysis occurs. :/

When I go to bed ofcourse. I just brush, go to bed. You know. When you're trying to fall asleep. It's easy for me not to fall asleep too early because I have problems getting to sleep in the first place.

When I go to bed ofcourse. I just brush, go to bed. You know. When you're trying to fall asleep. It's easy for me not to fall asleep too early because I have problems getting to sleep in the first place.

I thought so... Oh well. I will try it again. Hopefully I wont end up falling asleep before I go into sleep paralysis and start to dream again. :)

I'd really love to try lucid dreaming, but I don't have the time or patience to work hard enough in order for me to actually know when I'm dreaming.

Out of all the dreams I remember, there's only one lucid dream out of the few that I can recall. I was just in my house, and it was really dark and discolored, like the sky was greenish-grey. And it was kind of blurry and or night-visiony, like one of those ghost TV shows, wearing night vision goggles. I only realized that I was dreaming in that dream, and found it weird. I walked around my house, kinda creeped out, but knowing I was dreaming, for a little whole. And when I turned on the TV, it said I was on channel E:OI. Or something like that. Which was really weird.

Lucid dreaming was featured on the YouTube topic of the day thingy once, and I watched a video or two on it. Basically they said you should keep a dream journal, and try and remember your dreams as best as you can. And you should get yourself into a habit of constantly checking the time, or re-reading lines of text occasionally Because in dreams these things can spontaneously change, while in reality they remain consistent.

I also had a case if sleep paralysis once or twice. The one I remember, woke up, couldn't move a muscle, tried to scream, saw this walking glowy zombie-lego thingymabob frankenstein walk across my desk, turn and smile at me, then continue walking. I kept trying to scream and move but couldn't, it was so weird!

Isn't the human mind interesting?

i've definitely experienced this. i sleep on my side, my tendancy, or urge is to rotate my body to the other side - I naturally do this about every 30 minutes when im sleeping.

a sign for me when i'm experiencing a lucid, or at least much more vivid dream, is the self directed power to hover. It's oddly specific, and frequent. (within the dream) if I tense my inner chest muscles, gravity stops pulling me. Though it feels less like i'm tensing the muscles themselves and more like there's some bizzare organ that's been added to my body. An anti gravity organ. Telekinesis would be a good description for sure.

I wish I had that organ, or brain region. >:|

Like I said before in another topic, through research and other sources, I think I have a genetic disorder where I can lucid dream on accident. Whenever I try to rest myself or just lay back and read a book, my brain thinks I'm transitioning to REM sleep for some reason and makes me go into sleep paralysis. It then leads me to lucid dreams, and boy oh boy, most of them are some interesting pipe dreams lol.

I haven't had an incident in a long time probably because I tend to rest much less nowadays with college in the way.

Wow. What's

Like I said before in another topic, through research and other sources, I think I have a genetic disorder where I can lucid dream on accident. Whenever I try to rest myself or just lay back and read a book, my brain thinks I'm transitioning to REM sleep for some reason and makes me go into sleep paralysis. It then leads me to lucid dreams, and boy oh boy, most of them are some interesting pipe dreams lol.

I haven't had an incident in a long time probably because I tend to rest much less nowadays with college in the way.

What's the name of said disorder? I'm curious.

Also, I'm back from the binaural beats attempt. I barely got any sleep, but I'm not sure if it was because of the binaural beats, or if it was just one of those nights where yourr brain just won't shut up...

Wow. What's

What's the name of said disorder? I'm curious.

Also, I'm back from the binaural beats attempt. I barely got any sleep, but I'm not sure if it was because of the binaural beats, or if it was just one of those nights where yourr brain just won't shut up...

• 1 month later...

A lucid dream is a dream in which while you are in the dream you actually can control what you are doing and control what happens.  

Nah never had one but training and learning how. Hopefully going to have one soon.

Edited by Dashicorn