Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever had a lucid dream?  

167 users have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had a lucid dream?

• Yes
    • No

• 3 weeks later...

Sleep is one of my favorite things, so I've taught myself how to lucid dream, and I think it's safe to say that I've got it down pat. What I do when I lucid dream varies by the night, but I typically dream like I'd play a game. My brain sets up a stage, and I move my character as I please. One of my most memorable experiences was saving a princess in a whale, and then getting eaten alive by her, and moving to a different dream (I'm serious. It was weird). Once I actually manage to fly next to Rainbow Dash, but I haven't had the chance to try it again. Lucid dreaming is super fun! Fills me up with an "I'm important" feeling.

I've had it twice that I can remember. the first time I had no control and I was freaking out cause like, I had one of those black ghost things from one of the Harry Potter movies sucking up my face or something. I just got annoyed that I couldn't fight it even though I knew it was just a dream.

the second time I had half control so it was good enough.

I've done it a couple of times. When it happens, though, I have very little control over it. For instance, I'm unable to fly even though I know I'm dreaming. I also remember marveling at how real everything looked in the dream.

As for sleep paralysis, I have that all the time in the morning. I hate it, but the hallucinations people report have never happened to me. I simply can't move when it happens and that freaks me out, but I'm always fully aware of my surroundings.

• 5 months later...

I don't know how to Lucid dream on purpose, but most of the times I manage to do it by accident. There were nights where I realized I was obviously dreaming, and many of them ended up with a failure because I got way too excited, which makes a person to wake up most of the times. I also had a lot of dreams of Equestria that looked extremely real that I couldn't even think of the fact that I might be dreaming (I love these ones, I don't want to know that it's a dream because it makes me happier). How does it feel like to be lucid? Well, good thing is that you can do whatever you want, for example; if you want to ponify yourself, poof! Here you are, walking around as a pony. Bad thing (in my opinion) is that you realize it's a dream and not real, which makes me very sad on the other side, I want Equestria to be real, I really wish for it.

But as I said, I have never performed a Lucid dream on purpose, I just pay attention to my surroundings in real life SO much (I like scouting and discovering stuff around me 24/7) and I can easily tell the difference between the real thing and the fake. So as soon as I see the smallest sign of a dream while asleep, my brain automatically triggers the information to me that I am in a dream. One more thing that makes me happier when I wake up (I sometimes cry because I wake up from MLP dreams) is that I really believe that in the afterlife, we can all create our own universes which will makes us happy, and I believe it with all my heart. And I already know which universe I want to wish for and create when it will be the time.

I need to get back into this. I was doing great, I had a lucid dream every weekend. But I broke the habit of dream journal & reality checks and now I rarely get them. Although sometimes my old habits return.

Recently, I remember having several dreams in one week where it was daytime despite it clearly being a time that it should be dark out (i.e. 12am).I woke up and told myself next time it happens to reality check and sure enough it did, and I did a reality check and had a veeeery short lucid dream.

But as I said, I have never performed a Lucid dream on purpose, I just pay attention to my surroundings in real life SO much (I like scouting and discovering stuff around me 24/7) and I can easily tell the difference between the real thing and the fake. So as soon as I see the smallest sign of a dream while asleep, my brain automatically triggers the information to me that I am in a dream.

With people who practice lucid dreaming regularly this is what it boils down to. Making sure your mind is able to distinguish what is real and fake so that it becomes habit, and thus becomes habit in your dreams, too. 

So it's just luck when you really think about it, but it tends to become more and more frequent. 

Lucid dreams
only happened when i'm well rested, calm, and relaxed when i'm at my bed
try to draw something on your hand (like random symbols) and use that hand as a rememberance when you're lucid dreaming to realize that you're in a dream.
it might not work, but worked like a charm for me (most of the time)

the last time i lucid dream. ah accidentally summoned something scary, it haunts me , while i ran, and ran and ran. Felt like 2 hours
i don't want to hold my breath to wake up (as if you woken up while you're in a dream can cause sleep paralysis. when i woke up only about an hour passed.

just don't think about scary stuff when lucid dreaming XD

I had a lucid dream ONCE. And dang I wish I could do it again.

It was AWESOME.

I was being chased by like a murderer or something like that. I don't know how I suddenly figured out I was dreaming, but I did and I walked up to the dude and punched him in the face. All the tension in the dream just faded away and I started morphing everything to my will. Unfortunately, someone woke me up before I was able to go nuts.

• Brohoof 1

Lucid dreaming, IIRC, is being able to control your dream and know your dreaming while doing it, right? I have these pretty often. They're interesting when they happen, but I've woken up with sleep paralysis after some of them, which is absolutely terrifying when you don't know what it is.

I ussually get sleep paralysis during the school holidays because I stay up really late every night, it's by far the scariest, most terrifying, most horrifying thing that has ever happened to me :lie: :lie: :lie:

• 2 weeks later...

I need to get back into this. I was doing great, I had a lucid dream every weekend. But I broke the habit of dream journal & reality checks and now I rarely get them. Although sometimes my old habits return.

Recently, I remember having several dreams in one week where it was daytime despite it clearly being a time that it should be dark out (i.e. 12am).I woke up and told myself next time it happens to reality check and sure enough it did, and I did a reality check and had a veeeery short lucid dream.

With people who practice lucid dreaming regularly this is what it boils down to. Making sure your mind is able to distinguish what is real and fake so that it becomes habit, and thus becomes habit in your dreams, too. 

So it's just luck when you really think about it, but it tends to become more and more frequent. 

The shame is tho, that I was almost never able to take over the control of my dream. I would either wake up by my mind's force or just simply stay in it without any abilities to control it. Twice in dozen times I was able to transform it into Equestria, last time about a year ago. And I would really like to learn how to do it purposely and control it anytime I can beacuse I just feel the need of wanting to get away from stuff in our life over the night. I started practicing a week ago, and slowly making progress, I understand it takes time. My goal is, of course, visit virtual Equestria every night and get away from nasty stuff that happens in this world, at least to me. Somehow I can do it accidentally sometimes, but I'd like to learn how to do it purposely whenever I wish for it, and I am working on it. 

Edited by ILikeNightmares

Yes, I have done this a few times, but it was just by accident. However, I remember my dreams almost every night, but only sometimes can I actually wake up in my dream and control it. Most of the time if I wake up in my dream I can control it for a little while, but then I completely lose consciousness in the dream and wake up.

• 1 year later...

I do not know if I would call what I have Lucid dreaming.

When I do have dreams, they are usually pretty far & few between. But when they are, they have frequently gotten to extents like a fully fledged movie... though perhaps with not the best writing. I have always made a point of questioning reality, but I don't think that could be too much of an issue since I can feel a notable difference no matter how drowsy I may be.

No, what I want to know is if it is at all possible to control your dreams, if indeed that is what lucidity means in this context. While it undoubtedly would help matters if I had a reliable sleep schedule or went to bed before ten or one in the morning; I... would like to go back to having more dreams than nightmares.

I really can only remember one time that I had a good dream that made me grateful for sleep & well rested. Maybe I have some issue, some sort of nasal obstruction or whatever, but every night is either uneventful or forgettable at best, and at worst...

Some nightmare where I'm reliving the bad parts of my life, steeped in panic, dread or seething anger only to wake up in a body still paralyzed by sleep & wrapped in a cocoon of an unresponsive body. Sleep has never been a good thing for me, as far back as I can remember. Can't remember the last time I went to bed without regret or disdain, knowing full well it was going to be an ordeal or a waste of my time.

I would like to get some rest for once...

Last night, (and I know the dream-sharing thread is a different one, but hey, as long as we're on topic.) It was something about the family riding in some huge zepplin. Dad was driving & somehow managed to pilot into something that wound up puncturing the balloon and we had to mutiny to wrest control of the ship's wheel  from him so we could crash land. Once we did, turns out Mother had sabotaged all the freight & everything else only to turn around and yell & blame me for all of it.

So, yeh. You can probably guess that I don't get along well with my parents. And that I'd like to have a dream for once that didn't involve family drama.

So, if there's any of you out there that can offer advice on controlling my dreams then, uh... please help. Shoot me a PM or somesuch.

Well every lucid dream I've had his taken me deep down into the core of who I am and the universal logic behind events that happen in the world. A lot of it is based on number calculations and seeds according to the dreams. I'm also some sort of incredible universal controller intelligence system too and once again that's from the dreams but still I've seen consistent logic nodes with me in real life like every AFL Hawthorn game I attend Hawthorn will always win and whenever I'm flying somewhere I always get the window seat on the plane. :)  

I dreamt last night that I lost my luggage in another country, and I was so pissed off that I told myself it was all a dream and woke up. Does that still count?

• 2 months later...

Since this thread had been brought back a couple of times, figured there'd be no harm in me using it myself.

I like to Lucid dream quite a bit, and while I've lost the majority of my interest in this show, Equestria is still a setting I enjoy visiting in my dreams. My last lucid dream involved me in a vast plaza. I first thought that I was in Canterlot, but based on the setting, I think I was more likely under the giant tower in the Crystal Empire. I was amazed at my surroundings. Walking all over the area, I saw buildings in the style of the Crystal Empire and I saw several different ponies walking by. Some were nice, cheerfully saying hello to me after I greeted them, but some were very rude. One was Trixie, wearing some pseudo-pony suit. She just "harumphed" at me and frowned while passing by me. 

Being fully aware and conscious in a dream isn't really that hard, but gaining control over dreams can be difficult. It requires confidence and a really strong ability to visualize. 

3 hours ago, LeonShi500 said:

Since this thread had been brought back a couple of times, figured there'd be no harm in me using it myself.

I like to Lucid dream quite a bit, and while I've lost the majority of my interest in this show, Equestria is still a setting I enjoy visiting in my dreams. My last lucid dream involved me in a vast plaza. I first thought that I was in Canterlot, but based on the setting, I think I was more likely under the giant tower in the Crystal Empire. I was amazed at my surroundings. Walking all over the area, I saw buildings in the style of the Crystal Empire and I saw several different ponies walking by. Some were nice, cheerfully saying hello to me after I greeted them, but some were very rude. One was Trixie, wearing some pseudo-pony suit. She just "harumphed" at me and frowned while passing by me. 

Being fully aware and conscious in a dream isn't really that hard, but gaining control over dreams can be difficult. It requires confidence and a really strong ability to visualize. 

Once when I tried lucid dreaming I created all of equestria and I was running everything off my mindset. But it only lasted a few seconds before I woke up because my brain was literally overheating like a computer CPU that's been overworked. I felt like my brain was burning for a few minutes after that and of course I was extremely sweaty. I think I just pushed my processing power too far in that dream and I literally operate in a similar way of a computer so I can see myself as a file system network and I know exactly what the problem is if I make a mistake. Even the way I visualise an environment is exactly the same to a 3D world in a video game. :)

I've had them a lot recently, mostly when I'm about to wake up, but I always avoid them, cause I forget how to wake up from them. I've had a sleep paralysis due to not being able to wake up from a lucid dream once. It was bad.