Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever had a lucid dream?  

167 users have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had a lucid dream?

• Yes
    • No

OOBES sound more special than Lucid Dreaming. 

Sort of. If you're lucid dreaming you can make anything you want happen, so you could choose to rise from your body. I think that it tends to come from people who get sleep paralysis, but they lose consciousness while still being aware of being in the bed. So when they try to move they move their dream body, but remember being in the bed, so it seems like they are rising out of their body.

At least, I think it's something like that. They are more rare than lucid dreams, while the majority of people will have a lucid dream at some point I think a lot of people never have OOBEs. I never have.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have had lucid dreams and they are quite fun, but you must constantly practice and pay attention to your dreams or you will lose the ability to remember whatever your dream was. At least that is my experience.

• Brohoof 1

I have lucid dream several times when i sleep at night. I know i don't remember all of them and only remember very few key points of that lucid dream. I have had dreams to where everything feels real, to sound, taste, smell and touch etc. I think when this happens most of them are my lucid dreams but it doesn't happen all the time. Has anyone ever had dreams that felt really real? I know i ahve several times.

(edited)

I've had a lucid dream ONCE and only once.  Well, to be more specific I only remember having one lucid dream.

The dream was actually a recurring dream/nightmare of sorts.  In the dream, I would check behind a couch in my family's living room.  Every time I had done it before I would have a monster jump out and scare me.  One time while having the dream I suddenly came to the realization of what was happening/going to happen.  I remember announcing that I knew what was going to happen if I decided to get too close to the couch.  I was all "Yeah, this is getting old.  You know what?  I'm just going to go to the door and head outside."

The thing is, even though it was a lucid dream where I was aware of what was going to happen and was able to avert it, I still don't think I had 100% control over my dream.  I went outside and it was snowing - or there was at least snow on the ground.  I went around the corner, ran into...someone...and woke up.  I don't remember everything in the dream 100%, and I'm sorry.  It occurred a long time ago.

I've never had the dream since the night I became aware of what was happening.

@, yes I have.  I once had a dream where I was being attacked by a possessed steak knife as I was trapped in a bathroom.  It managed to cut off my toes (although my brain glossed over the fact that said toes would have to be cauterized).  It actually took me a while after waking up to realize that I still had all my toes.  It's not the only time things have felt real, but it's one of the more "interesting" examples I remember.

Edited by Gyruss

I've done it before a few times without really trying

but when I tried to actually do it, it never worked for me

I even tried that tip of choosing a random/silly thing to put in the dream so you can tell its a dream

I have them pretty often. It mostly when I try to hard to have a good dream, or to avoid a nightmare. Ever watch a pretty scary movie and then try to prevent yourself from having those screwed-up serial killers stabbing you to death realistically in your usual nightmares? Yeah, It's usually what happens to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that today was definitely a better lucid dreaming episode than Sleepless in Ponyville. What do you think?

I laughed when Sweetie Belle thought she was dreaming again when she saw Luna again later :)

Edited by steeph

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I woke up this morning early to stream the new episode (airs at 6:30 where I live), went "screw this," and went back to sleep. I immediately proceeded to have a lucid dream, and it was the longest and most awesome I've ever experienced, but I committed what would probably be considered high crime so I can't talk about it. >_>

Edited by Kelario

(edited)

I've had several dreams when I knew I was dreaming, but I usually can't control/change what is going on. I'm a very detail-oriented person. When I notice something "not right" in a dream, that's when I become aware that I'm dreaming. For example, in one dream I opened my car's hood and the engine in it was rotated 90 degrees like in a rear wheel drive car. I was like, "Yeah that will really work." Then I went along with the dream. It was pretty entertaining. It was my aunt's house spliced with some kind of Japanese restaurant/building. There were some kind of ninja burglars or something and we were trying to avoid and hide from them by moving around the "building/house" combo.

A couple years ago I had a lucid dream that was pretty much exactly like being awake AND I DECIDED AND CONTROLLED WHAT I WANTED TO DO.

It was at my cottage. It's in a mini subdivision. the property backs up to a dead-end gravel road and the front is Lake Huron. Anyway I don't remember what exactly made me realize I was dreaming, but I was. I remember thinking "this is REALLY weird - but sweet!!!"

We had this crappy mini bike and I always wanted to see how fast It could go. I decided to drive it around a little. I then went on the gravel road and went down almost to the main road which is less than 1/8 mile. I turned around and went full throttle the other way. The funny thing is even though I knew how to shift properly with the clutch- I somehow didn't remember and kept stomping the shifter. For some reason I was also still worried I was going to break my ankle by missing and stomping the ground in front instead- which would break my ankle in real life. Anyway, I did get through the gears and was going faster than I ever have on the bike and was intentionally speeding towards the trees at the dead end like a crazy person and smiling. Right when I would have crashed... I woke up.  It was definitely fun and weird at the same time.

I didn't choose to have the dream at my cottage. All I could choose in the dream is what to do with the stuff that is actually at my cottage. I didn't make anything appear or anything- I didn't even think to try at the time.

post-24370-0-39188400-1396845272.jpg

Edited by steve88

I've had a couple lucid dreams before but I usually can't remember them after, I remember one time last year I knew I was dreaming then I sort of woke up and was still half asleep at the same time, I could see myself lying there in bed and I couldn't move a muscle no matter how hard I tried. I guess that's what sleep paralysis is? It was pretty weird lol but I was able to move like 10-15 seconds after.

I don't choose when I get a lucid dream and usually when I do get one I wake up as soon as I start controlling it or it starts getting good. :( Sometimes I don't even want to wake up because its better than reality lol. Imagine how awesome it would be if you could just have a lucid dream about being in ponyville whenever you wanted and spend time with the mane 6. I would never leave the bed. :D

(edited)

I've lucid dreamed a couple of times before, it's a real weird feeling! Can you choose to lucid dream or not? I don't know, but the weird thing is, I lucid dreamed 4 nights in a row and never did again. Strange, I know :P

Edited by SkyStorm

They're rare for me and not THAT lucid. Usually in my lucid dreams I realize I'm in a dream and I choose what I want to appear in front of me. Sometimes I attempt to do something in my dream, like flying, and I failed because it wasn't lucid enough.

(edited)

Wait, I don't get it. So, lucid dreaming is like um...making your dream real? Or controlling it...I don't get it

You become aware you are dreaming and have some control over what is going on. It feels like real life and I remember it as vividly as if it was real.

Basically I knew I was dreaming, so I decided to drive the motorcycle as fast as I could to the end of the road and crashed into the trees.

Edited by steve88

(edited)

I like the idea dream lucidity but I just can't do it with my current sleeping pattern (if there is a pattern at all lol). Ive reached full lucidity at least 3 times and, wow! It's like a new level of dreaming -the only thing stopping you from there is your limit to imagine the dream- .

P.s. (Sleep paralysis is hell. Take precautions or something)

Edited by Neutrino

97% of my dreams are lucid dreams.. that's why i try to get more tired possible when i go to bed.. to not have them... not that i don't like them, i love them! but the brain sleeps to destroy some neuranal connection not more needed, to ripristinate an healthy mental state for the upcoming day... when i have a lucid dream..  i weak up like a shit.. especially if it is my alarm to  wake me.. i canìt tell reality from the dream, i feel sick, without energy and i can't focus on anything for all the day.. really... it is an horrible feeling, like you feel you are slipping insane.... (also not to tell that i prefer dreams to reality... and this brings up another topic on how i would prefer to stay in a virtual world everyday instead of brining up in life)

having a lucid dream is an awesome experience.. having them all night..  is horrrible for my mental state imho

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to lucid dream for a long time now.  I've always had extremely vivid, and often extremely disturbing and f*cked up dreams, but never truly lucid.  I finally had my first truly lucid dream last night.  I was walking down a dark, lonely road at night.  The world was in zombie apocalypse.  I forget where I was going.  Maybe I was just wandering.  But something alerted the horde.  Hundreds of zombies came pouring out of the darkness after me.  It felt exactly like L4D2.  I.e. it was the fast moving, rage zombies.  Common infected.  As they sprinted towards me from all directions, I finally had the divining moment of clarity I've been hoping and trying for; I completely realized it was a dream.  I thought to myself, "Alright, if this is a dream, then that means I can do this!"  I knelt down, pressed my fist into the ground, and began summoning strength as cracks splintered out across the ground from my fist.  Wind swirled around me, kicking up a dust cloud.  Just as the horde closed in, I vaulted skyward and flew straight up like Superman in the arctic scene in Man of Steel.  I continued flying until I started to reach the end of the planet's atmosphere.  Then I did what a lot of people do: I got so excited that I woke myself up.  I shot awake with such a start I almost leaped out of my bed.

I really hope this is the first step in a journey towards total dream control.  Then all I'll have to do is figure out a way to dream forever and never wake up...

I had a lucid dream when I was like 5 years old.I was in this farmhouse sort of thing and I said "I like stories with happy endings!" (remember, I was 5 when I had this dream) then a hippogriff appeared in the window with the villain from 101 Dalmations came and said "But all stories with happy endings have to have a villain!" Then I said "Okay, I like stories with no bad parts." When I look back on it, it seemed stupid but I think it's the only lucid dream I had.

I'm so excited.  I just had my second lucid dream!  I often have this recurring dream where I'm back in high school, excpet I'm the age I am now (28).  I can't remember my class schedule, then the bell rings and I panic trying to find my classes and blabbity blah.  This time, I get to the right class.  It's my physics class from senior year.  Now, irl, my high school physics teacher was my favorite teacher I ever had.  So, in the dream, I'm walking to my desk, and I stop dead in my tracks when I have the moment of clarity again.  I realize it's a dream.  And I think there's a difference between knowing it's a dream, and knowing that you know it's a dream, if that makes sense.  It's a deeper level of awareness, and a complete sense of control.  So, I go, "This is a dream, which means I can do anything I want."  I almost got excited and woke myself up again, but I actually, consciously thought, ok, just chill.  Keep calm or you'll wake yourself up.  And it worked!  I stayed in.  So I walk up to the teacher's desk and shove everything off.  He just stares at me, puzzled.  So I say, "Not outrageous enough for you?!"  I then pick up a big glass beaker and smash it over his head, knocking him out cold.  I then look around, smiling, satisfied  and say, "Well, that worked, and I'm still asleep!"  I walked outside and did my superman thing again.  Flew straight up.  This time I stayed in flight a little longer, flew horizontally for a bit, then woke myself up.  I've never had lucid dreams before in my entire life, and now that's two inside a week.  This are looking very hopeful.  My next goal is to manipulate something in my surroundings.  Just look at something and think about it changing, then open my eyes and actually make it work.  The eventual, long term goal is to just be able to begin my dream in the Matrix construct program, the all white abyss, and just go, "Let's see, what do I want to dream about?"  And then just write whatever I want.  I will get there someday.

I rarely rarely ever have a lucid dream.

I think I had one, where I realized I was dreaming and was running through a field like the one near my old house and they sky just opened up into something spectacular.

I barely remember it, but what I saw was amazing.

I suddenly knew what the starcraft archon meant.

starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty-art-02-570

They should have sent a poet.