Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Being a Music Major

fluttergal

On 3/23/2012 at 5:45 PM, fluttergal said:

The best way to do that is to be a music major, of course.

Never heard of it.

However I can tell from experience that music is an art form, and many people on Soundcloud can make really good music without going to music school. Same applies to art. You can be a really good artist without having a good grade in art class.

Edited by Super Splashee
Spelling

9 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Never heard of it.

However I can tell from experience that music is an art form, and many people on Soundcloud can make really good music without going to music school. Same applies to art. You can be a really good artist without having a good grade in art class.

The member you quoted hasn't been active in nearly 7 years...

Anyway, having gone down a different path, I am now bothered by the lack of Musicology/Music History in the OP, as that is my degree of choice!

10 minutes ago, Envy said:

The member you quoted hasn't been active in nearly 7 years...

Anyway, having gone down a different path, I am now bothered by the lack of Musicology/Music History in the OP, as that is my degree of choice!

Yea, it is sad how people don't want to stay at the forums. But their contribution is still here.

Any music history is helpful of course. But also remember that you as an artist are making your own history. There is no rules that binds you to how music should be made.