Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A problem with posting

Fractured

I have, thus far, been unable to use the post button to reply to comments; I have to use the reply to topic button at the top. I also am unable to quote people, and get an error when I attempt to edit any preestablished posts. I also am unable to space my posts beyond the space in between words: both pressing the enter button and manual spacing to move my posts down a line yield no results outside of. I'm not sure if this is a technical problem or a server problem, but any help on the matter would be appreciated.

I for one am not experiencing any of these problems, which browser do you use? It could be something to do with browser incompatibility. 

As Dovashy inquired, what browser are you using? From what I've gathered, a browser such as Internet Explorer has a very difficult time handling this forum and tends to result in numerous errors. However, if you are able to, could you provide a screenshot of the error you receive when attempting to edit a post?

Upon doing a bit of light research, there does appear to be some issue with versions of browsers when exploring sites. A possible fix for the user who had Chrome and was experiencing similar errors included the following:

• Uninstalling Chrome (save your bookmarks should you wish) and download the latest version from their website. Re-install.
  • Should that not work, download a program, one that is recommended was Adaware, and run it to scan for and remove your spyware, cookies, etc. (Yes..remove the tasty cookiez :c )
  • There is also the easier choice of simply deleting your internet cache from Chrome as well as a possible update to your java (unsure if this site uses it, but *shrugs, worth a shot eh?)
  • Or try running a virus scan on your entire system.
  • Brohoof 3

So, I couldn't fix the problem, but I did find something interesting: both here and in the testing forum, I am able to use all of the posting options.

Try turning off your adblocker or blacklisting MLPforums from it.

It seems only certain forums are are creating this issue, is there any difference in the way these forums are structured?

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.