Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private [CLOSED] Equestria: 28 Days Later

Wardaddy

"All right so this is yer safehouse..ya'do have something tp defend yoursrlf, right?" Aces askes his apparent landlord as he clumbed the ladder. He quockly shuffled through his drck of cards to ensure that they were all there. He had dropped the Ace of spades back where he bombed that horde earlier. "Look thanks fer tha' help an'all but I need to go get my catd back," he said running out of the safehouse.

He heard the blue pony scream at him to get a move on but he had one condition first. "Alright, fine, but that little friend of your almost shot me by accident!" Ace pointed his hoof at Damo, he knew now wasn't the time. "Later" He said. "I'm following you for now, but I expect an apology from your friend later" He followed Artorius quickly.

(edited)

After Dam's demonic rage, the flames on his body began to extinguish as he fell down flat on the ground. He was still conscious but he is very weak at this point. He felt Artorius grab him and putting him on his back. There was nothing Dam can do at this point but to rest. Dam closed his eyes slowly began to rest as Artorius tried to carry him to safety with the help of StrongHammer clearing the path.

Ammo Count
PPSH-41 - 0/71

Colt M1911 - 5/10

Edited by Damonater

"Artorius huh? Well, jyst what in the hell happened here?" Picking up Dam, he looks at artorius. "I hope you know where your headed, because there are way too many of these damned creatures." As he says this, he slams his hammer down on one of the zombies and the picks another up, hurling it straight up. Pickup his hammer, he swings up as the zombie falls from the sky.

(edited)

"Don't you worry Stronghammer. I'm an expert at making things up as I go, now be a pal and help me carry the pegasus to the fire exit over there". Suddenly, just as Artorius finished speaking, the infected overwhelmed the barricade behind him. "COME ON!" Screamed Artorius, picking up the pace despite the weight of the pegasus on his back. All that was willing the young Earth pony on was the screeching and roaring of the infected horde behind him. "STRONGHAMMER, JAM THE DOOR!" Screamed Artorius just as he ducked inside the building. As he began climbing the stairs, he heard a door slam behind him. 

Ducking into a room on the third floor, Artorius set the pegasus down as gently as he could, taking care not to cause any more harm than the poor thing was already suffering from. Looking up, he noticed a rope ladder connecting the room to the ground, and judging from the stretching of the rope, somepony was climbing it. Looking down, Artorius saw a brown Earth pony climbing up to the third floor, below him there was a black unicorn wearing a necklace of poker chips. Judging that they were also rushing to safety, Artorius decided to get their attention. "Hey!" Yelled out Artorius. Unfortunately, the yell caught the brown Earth pony completely by surprise. He lost his grip and fell off the ladder, screaming to the bottom. Artorius could only watch on with horror as the infected hordes swarmed the screaming Earth pony, devouring him within seconds. Blood spurted everywhere, along with the audible cracking of bones as the infected turned the Earth pony into a destroyed, unrecognizable lump of flesh and blood. Cringing uncomfortably at the sight, Artorius yelled down to the black unicorn. "Come this way! There's more of us up here!" 

Edited by Firebolt Blitz

(OOC-Firebolt..im back where I saved your hide from that first hoarde...I am nowhere near you guys right now).

Aces picked his ace and pocketed it quickly running to regroup with the pony he had escaped with only to watch him fall to the infected. He pulled out his Jack of Spades setting the golem loose on the horde as he climbed the robe to the pony he heard calling to him.

Ace looked over to the blue pony, hearing her call up the others that were supposedly down there, and carrying an injured pegasus at the same time.

"I'm going to have to talk with that blue pony when I get a chance, whoever he is, he seems to know alot about what's going on." Ace flew up to get a better view, he thought that the blue pony would want a place to call Safe Haven, and since he was the only pegasus who could currently fly, it was up to him. Damo didn't seem TOO interested in flying.
"Got one!" He shouted as he took down a flying pegasus zombie with his bow and arrows.

Dam, being placed down very gently on the floor by the blue pony. His first thought that he was being left to be eaten by the zombies. But as he opened his eyes slightly, he could tell he was in a safe room. He mumbled something under his drunken, smelly breath that seemed to sound russian. He takes the PPSH-41 magazine and reloads it by mouth and hooves and readys the weapon. He puts it to his side and began to rest his weak, drunken, broken body. In a weak voice, he says to the blue pony "I-...I'm.. *cough* o-okay.... I am.. not... done fighting."

Ammo Count:

PPSH-41 - 71/0

M1911 - 5/10

Edited by Damonater

"So is this thae plan? Because itbis kind of cramped for.dealing with those freaks. At least for me anyways, after all, I do tower over you. Anyway, I am going ti barricade the door." Taking a javelin, he slams it at an angle through the bttom of the door, and through the floor. "If there was any ponys on the ceiling down there, they wont be coming up."

Making sure everypony was inside, Artorius made sure the compound was secure before revealing what was happening to his resistance. "Ok, everypony gather round, I will tell you what's going on. Black pegasus! Come on inside, I'm going to reveal the truth". 

Once everypony had found a comfortable position, especially Dam who was in great pain, Artorius braced himself. "Ok everypony, you're probably wondering why Canterlot is burning and abandoned, why there are raging ponies biting other ponies, and why I've gathered you here. To begin, my name is Artorius. I was formerly a paramedic at the Royal Canterlot Hospital, and two days ago I decided to retire.  Yesterday, I was out buying flowers for a mare I was affectionate with, who was also my colleague......until an infected smashed through the glass doors and bit the salespony. I was able to take out the infected, but it wasn't until later that I realized what was driving these ponies mad with rage. It was, in fact, due to what every doctor and nurse in Equestria believed to be a myth; the Rage virus.

The Rage virus is a disease which, upon contact with a victim's bodily fluids, infects the host and drives him into an uncontrollable frenzy of rage in a matter of seconds. The incubation time is insane; in just mere seconds a host suffers extreme spasms, before bleeding from their eyes and nose. Finally, when driven into their rage-induced state, the infected will seek other hosts to infect, setting that above all else, even self-nourishment and preservation. Here's the worst part; due to the incredibly short incubation time, one single infected can spread the disease to thousands of other hosts in under an hour. now, the myth that ran through the medical world is that the virus comes from bite wounds inflicted by changelings, and as I'm sure you all know, there was an attack a few weeks ago. After the Changelings were defeated, we began receiving patients with bite wounds. As the days passed, they got sicker and sicker, until they finally died. There was no explanation, until one day the patients woke up and started biting everypony, infecting them and starting a riot which spread to the city. Now, there is no cure for the virus, which means the most we can do is kill those who try to bite us. In the meantime, If Canterlot is not quarantined, then Equestria and life as we know it is doomed".

"Rage virus huh, spunds latin. So how exactlg do y'all plan on closing off Canterlot...it's kinda hige", Aces High said plainly. He then finally looked at the group that had assembled in tge compound. "Piny, pony, miontaur...well, this is one twisted version of duck, duck, hoose I don't wanna play".

Ace quickly took a stance in the corner of the room where it was dark, pushing his hat over his face and simply listening to what the blue pony had to say, while twisting a poker chip that he had found in his hoof.

"So what your telling me is that we have to fight those things?" He asked bluntly. "Well, I'm more of a gambling type myself, if you catch my drift." He said while throwing his poker chip up into the air. "Nopony has beaten me at a game of poker, ever." Ace slowly walked to the table that everypony else was gathered around, and lifted up his hat, revealing his face, gently placing his hoof on the table.

"But save that for later, because if we're going to survive this, then we need a plan, right?" He asked.

"Hmm, for once this isn't the T-Virus... or even an enhanced version of it.. Looks like it was not the work of Umbrella this time... It was a myth that became true." He thinks to himself. "Huh.. so even just even one blood cell on you can infect you within 10 seconds? This has to be one of the most infectious viruses I have ever seen, even more infectious and perhaps way more deadly than the T-Virus." He said as he took a green looking herb to heal himself slightly.

He picks up his PPSH-41 from the side of him and has it ready just in case if anything happens.

"Those freaks were easy enough to take down before. If you know of there capabilities you should tell us now. It isn't like we have a choice as to whether we can believe you it not, the damned things have tried to eat me since they cane to my forge. I will kill them but we need time know if there is a possible cure too."

Artorius sighed deeply. He knew the answer to these questions would change the minds of his partners almost instantly. Still, it had to be said, so he said it. "Stronghammer, everypony........I'm afraid there is no cure, and it is already too late to isolate the city. Too many ponies have already been infected, and it is likely they are moving out to other places, spreading the disease as they go. Worse still, we may fight to our last breath, as the situation has it, but none of us are immune to the effects of the virus. If any of us is bitten, they have to die, no exceptions. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. Either you put yourselves out of your misery, or we do it for you. The choice is yours. Now, the plan is simple. We must get out of here and go somewhere safe. Personally, I suggest we head for Ponyville. They have a hospital there, as well as food, accommodation and supplies. However, if any of yous have a better idea, I'm all ears. The bottom line here is that Equestria as we know it is doomed. There is no known cure to infection, and as we speak, the infected are moving to other cities and towns, looking for more suitable hosts. Their fall is inevitable, however, our survival is not. We may not be able to save ourselves from infection, but we can defend each other and keep on running from it. That is, unless you want to die, get it over with quickly".

• 2 weeks later...

"Well, I definitely don't plan on dying anytime soon." Ace said nonchalantly. "Although..." His eyes glanced towards the black stallion of the group with the red mane.

"You... I don't know what this feeling is, but something about you... irks me." Ace could see that the black stallion was starting to get a little nervous. "Have I... seen him somewhere before?" Ace asked himself. While it didn't really matter in the end, it was kind of... suspicious. But then something else caught his eye that nopony else could see, thanks to his excellent vision.

"Wait, wait a second... I've seen that mark somewhere before..." Ace thought to himself. He then remembered earlier seeing that same mark on the other pony who died falling off the ladder earlier. That's when it all became clear to him.

"Don't move!" Ace shouted, as he readied his arrow and pointed it at the Black Stallion. "You! you're already bitten, and you decided to come with us anyway!? What the hell were you thinking!? I don't know about you, but I consider that a betrayal in my books."

"But, according to what you told me, Art, the infection you speak of causes ponies to go crazy with rage, and that must mean that he had gotten the bite mark recently, and was trying to hide it. Because he hasn't gone crazy yet."

"Stand back, I'll finish this now." Among the Black Stallions pleas and begs he never had to kill another pony before. 

"I'm sorry" Ace said to the black stallion "But it has to be done."

An arrow penetrated his brain and he fell into a lump on the floor, with a large pool of blood slowly forming, Ace turned back to the others.

"I'm assuming since he wasn't in rage even though he carried the virus, I assume it'll be a while before the virus takes effect in his dead body.." Ace walked over and pulled out the playing cards that were laying next to the blood pool. "I'll be taking these." Ace walked back to the group. "Can you confirm this, Art? Or should we dispose of the body as soon as possible? How should we do it?"

Edited by Shadowking58

Dam watched the killing as if he were to experience this before... well... he has. He looked over at the oozing blood coming from the once living stallion and looked at it carefully behind his dark grey shades. "Hmm...  I could do with a sample to experiment with... But it proves very risky with me getting infected within an instant." He thought to himself and he looked back at the floor infront of him while he was resting against the wall.

He looks at Artorius, "It would be a good idea making our way towards ponyville... I have some things there that MIGHT aid our survival against this nightmare. Well... its the second time this has happened to me... but this is on a much bigger scale. Instead of one town... its going to be all of Equestria soon enough." He pauses to take a mouthful or two of his vodka bottle and then puts it by his and continues on to say. "As for the body, I have learnt to just simply burn the dead. It would be best... Seeming as they wont come back to bight you in the leg." He finishes explaining.

"Say... what is the time anyway? Any pony got a watch?" Dam asks curiously to the others.

Ammo Count
PPSH-41 - 71/0

Colt M1911 - 5/10

Edited by Damonater

Watching them kill each other without remorse, Stronghammer shook his head. In his booming voice, he says, "You ponies call us brutes, Minotaur, and yet you kill each other without waiting for proof that they needed time die. You must learn time trust the rest of the group. All if us must trust each other if we are time survive. So, what's the plan?"

"Easy Stronghammer" Said Artorius firmly. "If we had the choice, he would've lived. Unfortunately, the circumstances do not allow for even the smallest wounds, lest a chain reaction take its deadly toll. Now, the plan is that we should stay here for the night. I suspect there's still a significant number of infected outside. If we hold here for now, they might grow tired of waiting for us and head off elsewhere. Besides, if we stay here, we can find out a bit more about the Rage virus, thanks to our dead friend Ace here. Moonlit, I want you and me looking at the body. Dam, if you're going to look at his blood, I urge you to use full-body protection. Eyes, ears, everything. If the blood gets into your system, you can kiss your plot goodbye. Stronghammer, seeing as your the strongest of us all, I need you to keep watch. If any infected break in, I need us out of here in ten seconds flat or less. In the meantime, everypony better get comfortable. We don't leave until dawn".

That night, Artorius left his post to rouse Moonlit. It was time to inspect Aces High's body. "Moonlit, come on. We need to inspect the body". Leading the way to the room where the body lay, Artorius began collecting all medical knowledge in his mind. It was of great importance that he take note of the bite wound, while ensuring the infection did not reach Ace's brain. If it did, then there was a possibility he might turn, despite being logically dead. To do that, well, there was only one thing to do. Destroy the poor colt's head. The door to the room opened, and there lay the body. Thankfully, it hadn't even started decomposing yet, but that was the least of Artorius' worries. What mattered was studying the bite wound, seeing the condition of the infected blood, and determining exactly when Ace got bitten. The latter was a hard enough task, however it depended on the freshness of the wound. If it still bled, and was swollen, then the wound was recently inflicted. However, if the wound had darkened, and did not exude as much blood, then the wound was inflicted a while ago. Looking over the corpse with great care not to miss anything important, Artorius' gaze finally found the bite wound, which was still quite fresh, indicating he had been bitten just before he reached the group. However, the big mystery was why the infection's expected incubation time of 10-20 seconds had transpired, with little to no symptoms evident from the host. "Well Moonlit, we know Ace got bitten just before he met us, but what I can't understand is why he wasn't taken by the infection. If memory serves me, the Rage virus has an incubation time of between roughly 10 to 20 seconds. Despite the fact those seconds had transpired before he could even be treated, he still did not turn. I'm struggling to understand why. None of the symptoms appear to be evident either. By this point, he should be oozing blood from every orifice, eyes, snout and all. Yet he has suffered no such symptoms. This has got to be an anomaly. Even the healthiest pony alive cannot survive infection, yet this specimen has. How, I wonder?".

"Hey, don't look at me." Ace said to Artorius. "I know nothing about this. However, I seem inclined to agree that if what you say is true, then it is mysterious as to why he has not turned sooner then usual." He looked at Artorius as he inspected the rest of the body. "Also, please call me Ace, m'kay?"

Dam continued to look at the floor with a dead look on his face. He checked his saddle bag for a cigar but there was only 2 left with him. Dam then looked for a lighter, and would you believe it... he has one but with a low amount of fuel. He has scavenged the lighter before hoof from the cafe that he was trapped with that other stallion. He quickly lit the cigar and put out the fuse so it would not waste as much fuel. He took a puff and then exhaled the smoke. "I'll keep this other one for another time." he thought to himself. He wondered as to what else he had in his inventory. He has an empty drum mag and pistol mag, 1 cigar, some food, 3 water bottles, a medium sized kitchen knife, colt m1911, ppsh-41 and a syringe.

"Hey you with the guns, you happen to have a spare cigar? Or a cigarette? All mine are sitting in zombie central put there, also, fellows, that door will not last long, we need a way to reinforce it. If you get me some metal and stuff, I can easily use that yo give it."

Artorius continued to examine the body, his self-designated time close to expiring. He knew the group would have to get some sleep if they were going to escape successfully tomorrow. After hearing Moonlit ask him to call him Ace, Artorius looked up at him, sighing beforehand. "Moonlit, I'd happily call you Ace if I could, but you and our friend here share pretty much the same name. If I started calling you Ace, then I'd be getting confused with yourself and the body. As our group's medic, I do like to keep a clear and working mind, so please try to deal until we leave this place, ok?"

With that settled, Artorius pulled out a notepad and quill from his saddlebag, taking notes of the condition of Ace's body, compared to the condition of the infected that had imprinted themselves in his memory. Recapping everything he had learned, he judged that depending on the genes of the host, the infection's spread, upon expiration of the incubation time, may vary in terms of speed and ferocity. In the case of the host not being infected immediately, then an urgent inspection is recommended, to ensure there are no wounds, and in the case there are, that no infected blood is detected around or in it. If there is, then the host is to be killed immediately. In the case the infection does consume the host in the expected time of infection, then he/she is to be dealt with instantly,  no exceptions. Having taken his notes, Artorius turned to face Moonlit once more. "Right Moonlit, I think we're done here. The last thing we need to do now is to give Ace here a treatment which will ensure he does not turn for as long as his body decomposes. For this, I will require the services of your longbow".

Edited by Firebolt Blitz

Artorius continued to examine the body, his self-designated time close to expiring. He knew the group would have to get some sleep if they were going to escape successfully tomorrow. After hearing Moonlit ask him to call him Ace, Artorius looked up at him, sighing beforehand. "Moonlit, I'd happily call you Ace if I could, but you and our friend here share pretty much the same name. If I started calling you Ace, then I'd be getting confused with yourself and the body. As our group's medic, I do like to keep a clear and working mind, so please try to deal until we leave this place, ok?"

With that settled, Artorius pulled out a notepad and quill from his saddlebag, taking notes of the condition of Ace's body, compared to the condition of the infected that had imprinted themselves in his memory. Recapping everything he had learned, he judged that depending on the genes of the host, the infection's spread, upon expiration of the incubation time, may vary in terms of speed and ferocity. In the case of the host not being infected immediately, then an urgent inspection is recommended, to ensure there are no wounds, and in the case there are, that no infected blood is detected around or in it. If there is, then the host is to be killed immediately. In the case the infection does consume the host in the expected time of infection, then he/she is to be dealt with instantly,  no exceptions. Having taken his notes, Artorius turned to face Moonlit once more. "Right Moonlit, I think we're done here. The last thing we need to do now is to give Ace here a treatment which will ensure he does not turn for as long as his body decomposes. For this, I will require the services of your longbow".

Ace looked at the rest of the group, sighing loudly.

"It seems to me that we're going to want to get some rest if we're going to have any chance of surviving, and if I have superior listening compared to all other stallions, I can hair the faintest things from a mile away that you would never imagine."

He turned to Artorius, listening intently as he stated the results of his analysis of the body.

"Me and my longbow will be ready, just say the word." He said.

Edited by Shadowking58

He looks at the Minotaur and says with his deep voice. "No..." Then he looks back down with an angry expression on his face while taking another puff of his cigar.  He coughs a little bit but it wasn't loud enough to gain attention from the undead. He then yawns and rubs his eyes slightly. "Keep awake... you never know what kind of things could happen" He thought to himself.