Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Jokarr

WARHAMMER PONY TEH GEHME

does anyone know how to make it?

and wouldn't it be awesome if Citadel made THE ROYAL CELESTIA ARMY as a army or THE ROYAL LUNA REBLUBIC. i would soooooo play one of those armies

There would also need to be others like 'King Sombra's Empire', 'The Unicorn Inquistion', 'Ordo Pegasus' and how can I forget? Changelings!

*Takes a puff on pipe and smiles widely*

Ah yes, Warhammer 40K, my other favorite hobby besides ponies.

I play Tyranids, who are awesome, of course. It's funny, because I've been interested in Warhammer 40K since I was small but only recently had the money to start playing the tabletop game. My army currently isn't very big; it's comprised of:

-1 Winged Hive Tyrant

-3 Lictors

-3 Warriors

-8 Genestealers

-24 Termagaunts

-12 Hormagaunts

-3 Ripper Swarms

And that's all I have for now. Definitely want to expand more and start painting them, though.

When I do get around to painting some of my miniatures, I will most certainly post up pictures for you all to enjoy.

• Brohoof 1

*Takes a puff on pipe and smiles widely*

Ah yes, Warhammer 40K, my other favorite hobby besides ponies.

I play Tyranids, who are awesome, of course. It's funny, because I've been interested in Warhammer 40K since I was small but only recently had the money to start playing the tabletop game. My army currently isn't very big; it's comprised of:

Thats exactly how i was since discovering it about a year prior to DoW1. When i was a kid all I had was money for books. So I bought ALL the books released by Black library. (Falling behind now but thats because the Army wont give me space to store them) And then as soon as I got my first decent job :D Teh marines!

• Brohoof 1

Thats exactly how i was since discovering it about a year prior to DoW1. When i was a kid all I had was money for books. So I bought ALL the books released by Black library. (Falling behind now but thats because the Army wont give me space to store them) And then as soon as I got my first decent job biggrin.png Teh marines!

Ah, a Space Marine player!

My brother plays Dark Angels and the last game we had he narrowly defeated me. It literally came down to two of his Deathwing Terminators versus my Winged Hive Tyrant in close combat. And the last dice roll decided the game; I had 4 VP to his 3 VP, and all I had to do was last until the end of round 7. At the end of round 7, he managed to get a hit on my Hive Tyrant, but I was confident that his armor save would do the trick.

It didn't and I lost by 1 VP. A very close and balanced game, but I'm itching for a rematch to crush his Dark Angels.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one who went through this. It wasn't until I had my own income source like you that I could actually play the game, and I'm so glad I started playing.

I remember my very first miniature, it was a 3rd edition Tyranid ravener. I started collecting 'nids shortly after 4th Ed came out, and got the Battle for Macragge set for Christmas. I did amass some more 'nids, a few Tau, some Tomb Kings and Lord of the Rings, but never really had anyone to play with. I think I'll get rid of everything and have a fresh start with an Eldar army eventually.

Here, have a Bass Cannon/Noise marine mashup:

• Brohoof 1

Ah, a Space Marine player!   My brother plays Dark Angels and the last game we had he narrowly defeated me. It literally came down to two of his Deathwing Terminators versus my Winged Hive Tyrant in close combat. And the last dice roll decided the game; I had 4 VP to his 3 VP, and all I had to do was last until the end of round 7. At the end of round 7, he managed to get a hit on my Hive Tyrant, but I was confident that his armor save would do the trick.   It didn't and I lost by 1 VP. A very close and balanced game, but I'm itching for a rematch to crush his Dark Angels.   Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one who went through this. It wasn't until I had my own income source like you that I could actually play the game, and I'm so glad I started playing.

Yeah another marine player :P but I play my own chapter, and I play it fluffy. I hate how most tourny lists for Marines involve suicide drops or taking advantage of broken rules.. So my chapter does few/none of each :P

and when I startred playing ALL there was around me was Tau so my army is VERY foot based as I could never get any vehicles other than my dreads to do anything but die :( 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah another marine player tongue.png but I play my own chapter, and I play it fluffy. I hate how most tourny lists for Marines involve suicide drops or taking advantage of broken rules.. So my chapter does few/none of each tongue.png

and when I startred playing ALL there was around me was Tau so my army is VERY foot based as I could never get any vehicles other than my dreads to do anything but die sad.png

Oh lord, dem Railguns!

Funnily enough, I just got one of my friends into the game and he jumped on Tau, which is cool since the New Codex comes out in two days, while at the same time being not cool since he was a little quick on the draw and bought the fifth edition one.

Oops.

Oh well! Regardless, I haven't played a Tau player yet but I know enough about the game to know that your vehicles were likely screwed up from the start. Can't wait till my friend gets his army going so I can test his mettle!

I play SPEHHS MAHREENS, Crimson Fists specifically. I love their lore so much, although I wish Matt Ward had toned down the Ultramarines a bit in the 5th ed Codex. I'm probably going to start a Necrons army soon since the new Codex has given them more personality too.

• Brohoof 1

I play SPEHHS MAHREENS, Crimson Fists specifically. I love their lore so much, although I wish Matt Ward had toned down the Ultramarines a bit in the 5th ed Codex. I'm probably going to start a Necrons army soon since the new Codex has given them more personality too.

Yeah, Necrons are actually looking a lot better now. I know some people weren't exactly keen on the change in their lore, but I think it's better that they have a deeper backstory now rather than just "kill all fleshlings".

Now the Tyranids are the only army like that, and that's good because we don't really need multiple armies with the exact same goal.

Yeah, Necrons are actually looking a lot better now. I know some people weren't exactly keen on the change in their lore, but I think it's better that they have a deeper backstory now rather than just "kill all fleshlings".

Now the Tyranids are the only army like that, and that's good because we don't really need multiple armies with the exact same goal.

Aye, true. I'm not really a 'nid fan myself, I think they're a bit meh, plus they look like a real pain to paint realistically what with all the chitin and other organic matter. I've never actually fought them though.

Aye, true. I'm not really a 'nid fan myself, I think they're a bit meh, plus they look like a real pain to paint realistically what with all the chitin and other organic matter. I've never actually fought them though.

Well, as 'Nid player I'd say that's just fine; after all, I don't expect you to be a big fan of Tyranids after we're done tearing your army to pieces.

Regardless, I think each army has their challenges when painting them. I know capturing that metallic and faded look on Space Marines looks hard to do to me.

I had some of these maybe about 8 years ago, 40k Orks and LOTR, most of my friends at the time were into it so it made sense, they each had different armies, Imperial Guard, Space Marines, Necrons, Tau.

Prices seemed to get higher and higher each year, and it got ridiculous considering they were unpainted, unassembled plastic pieces... only the pieces for 16 figurines going for $40-50. Stopped after a couple years, only played actual battles with friends a few times.

Played the video games since the original DOW... went mad with fanaticism for the God Emperor of Mankind... then finally began buying Imperial Guard, now I have tons, and between my buddies and I, we have nearly army accounted for except Sisters of Battle and Dark Eldar.  Granted, one of my friends has 3 armies.

• Brohoof 1

Played the video games since the original DOW... went mad with fanaticism for the God Emperor of Mankind... then finally began buying Imperial Guard, now I have tons, and between my buddies and I, we have nearly army accounted for except Sisters of Battle and Dark Eldar.  Granted, one of my friends has 3 armies.

*Takes a puff on pipe and bows head in reverence*

I have loved Warhammer 40K for as long as I can remember and I too enjoyed the original Dawn of War; it has the best intro sequence of any 40K game since Space Hulk in my opinion.

Regardless, it's crazy that you have that many armies. Awesome, but crazy.

• Brohoof 1

*Takes a puff on pipe and bows head in reverence*

I have loved Warhammer 40K for as long as I can remember and I too enjoyed the original Dawn of War; it has the best intro sequence of any 40K game since Space Hulk in my opinion.

Regardless, it's crazy that you have that many armies. Awesome, but crazy.

I'm sticking to IG, at least until I paint everything I own.   We've got about 5 or so in our play group, most of us go back to college, and we all just ended up in the same area.  

The guy with three armies spends all his time on 40k, or Dota2, yet he's the only married one.   The world is crazy. 

Also I've never quite understood why Ponies and Warhammer attract the same people so much.  It's fine by me, why have one hobby in common when you could have TWO AWESOME HOBBIES IN COMMON!  CAPS FOR EFFECT!

Edited by Zain
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, painting seems like the biggest hurdle to me. Since I've only started to collect the miniatures, my army is completely assembled but not painted.

And Ponies and Warhammer are like a man and his dog; the best of friends who will live on together and do what they do best:

PRAISE THE GOD EMPEROR!

• Brohoof 1

Ave Imperator, brother. 

My biggest issue with the painting is just starting, and then once I do, trying to not be an insane perfectionist.  

Some of the best painters I've seen in 40k started out with the, "I just want to play the game, not paint", mentality, then lost it completely. 

• Brohoof 1

Ave Imperator, brother. 

My biggest issue with the painting is just starting, and then once I do, trying to not be an insane perfectionist.  

Some of the best painters I've seen in 40k started out with the, "I just want to play the game, not paint", mentality, then lost it completely. 

Really now?

In that case, perhaps I'll turn out to be a really good painter, because I was certainly considering not painting my army at all.

With the painting, I haven't even started yet, but I can imagine that it's hard starting to paint. Every time I even consider buying paint, I end up buying more miniatures instead.

Because when you're a Tyranid player, your army is never big enough.

• Brohoof 2

Really now?

In that case, perhaps I'll turn out to be a really good painter, because I was certainly considering not painting my army at all.

With the painting, I haven't even started yet, but I can imagine that it's hard starting to paint. Every time I even consider buying paint, I end up buying more miniatures instead.

Because when you're a Tyranid player, your army is never big enough.

My friend with the 3 armies started Nids as his second, and he's been flying through painting them.   After priming, it's primarily alot of washes (really thin paints) and some detail, and they aren't world class, but they look darn good on a game board. 

Me, I've got a couple squads painted out of all my models.  I spend like 8 hours on a heavy weapons team, so it's not surprising  but man am I proud of them!  My favorite thing is doing the basing, but I've got IG and I made them heavily covered in mud and miserable looking laugh.png

20121209_174310.jpg

There are plenty of youtube guides and the White Dwarf magazine has alot of neat articles.  We also will occasionally just hang out and paint, which is a good motivator and entertaining in its own right. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm quite familiar with the painting process since I've watched loads of 'Nid painting videos myself, but thanks for the refreshing little intro to painting; it has been some time since I've painted much of anything!

And, may I say, that's a mighty fine looking Heavy Weapons Team you have there! They look like they're ready to kick butt in the name of the Emperor, mud or no mud!

Just noticed the Tau box back there too; don't think you can hide from me, you filthy Tau! I'll devour you!

• Brohoof 1

Don't worry Hash; while your devouring the Tau the combined might of the Imperium shalt deliver death unto your hive mind.

GLORY TO THE IMPERIUM! GLORY TO THE EMPEROR!

if you were interested in seeing more of my Models I have created a deviantart to house my pics. Only a few are up,  and their rather 'artistic' but hey bite me Im weird lol.

http://doc-ginger.deviantart.com/

Edited by Doc Ginger
  • Brohoof 2

Don't worry Hash; while your devouring the Tau the combined might of the Imperium shalt deliver death unto your hive mind.

GLORY TO THE IMPERIUM! GLORY TO THE EMPEROR!

if you were interested in seeing more of my Models I have created a deviantart to house my pics. Only a few are up,  and their rather 'artistic' but hey bite me Im weird lol.

http://doc-ginger.deviantart.com/

Nice stuff. I like the Woad Dready.  And your jungle terrain is so lifelike! laugh.png

Don't worry, the Tau are my roommate's. His sins will be purged with fire, all in due time.  

Nice stuff. I like the Woad Dready.  And your jungle terrain is so lifelike! img-1318115-1-laugh.png

Don't worry, the Tau are my roommate's. His sins will be purged with fire, all in due time.  

The Jungle terrain is in fact the ground just outside my barracks :P I've had several people not get that before and my usual response is a building guide:

1. Go outside

2. Find some thin grass and moss in your yard

3. Put models down in a pleasing configuration

4. Take pictures TA-DA

and Tau are still my most played against enemy >.< I love fighting non Tau cause it means I can actually field vehicles for once in a blue moon 

The Jungle terrain is in fact the ground just outside my barracks tongue.png I've had several people not get that before and my usual response is a building guide:

1. Go outside

2. Find some thin grass and moss in your yard

3. Put models down in a pleasing configuration

4. Take pictures TA-DA

and Tau are still my most played against enemy >.< I love fighting non Tau cause it means I can actually field vehicles for once in a blue moon 

Hehe no I knew.  I lucked out and bought a gigantic box of jungle terrain from an older gentleman who was getting out of the hobby. We can fill up a board so much, it truly feels like you're fighting through a jungle.  

Oh and I know that feel... those... dang... broadsides...   I've learned to either bait their fire towards a heavily obscured high value target for a few turns, or throw so many vehicles at them, they can't prioritize targets.   The latter part being the fun of playing IG smile.png

Edited by Zain

Hehe no I knew.  I lucked out and bought a gigantic box of jungle terrain from an older gentleman who was getting out of the hobby. We can fill up a board so much, it truly feels like you're fighting through a jungle.  

Oh and I know that feel... those... dang... broadsides...   I've learned to either bait their fire towards a heavily obscured high value target for a few turns, or throw so many vehicles at them, they can't prioritize targets.   The latter part being the fun of playing IG img-1318190-2-smile.png

I love playing games like that. As fun as the game is I could really care less (most of the time) about perfect balance and equality. When playing with my friends were always like, 'What would be fun today?' 'Oh I know lets set up a Jungle outpost that teh Marines have to defend from XXXX!' I just enjoy the fluffyness of the universe and seeing the battle play out CGI style in my head :P It's such a rich universe with so much potential that just playing the d6 missions get a little.... bland after a while.

But I remember my favorite game to date being a 3v3 2000pt game on a 8x6 table. It was my Woad, a Rough Rider IG army, and some Orky freebootaz against 2 Eldar and a Tau. 6 hours of Shenanigans and mayhem. 

• Brohoof 1