Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Jokarr

(edited)

More or less this: I'm planning on converting my characters and squatleaders to eldarfied versions of MLP characters

You just made the creative juices flow in me, I have to make a Pinkie Harlequin now, the Laughing God will be pleased...

Oh, and Rarity...

-Ork: Enuff! Yer howlin! It 'urts!

-Rarity: You want to hear howling? Thiiis is hoooowliing!!

Edited by Fluttermena
  • Brohoof 1

I've pushed one of my friends towards buying Tau as he's new to Warhammer and we don;t have enough variety in our little group. We have:

Me: SEHSS MAHREENS & (possibly) Necrons

Friend 1: IG & Blood REHVENS Angels

Friend 2: IG & Grey Knights

Friend 3: SPEHSS MAHREENS & Orks

New Player: SPEHSS Wolves or Tau

As for music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0bABmu1MxU

YEEEEAAAAAAH

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Far too much Imperial Scum in your group of comrades for my liking.

Me thinks it's about time the Hive Fleet descended upon your puny armies and gobbled them up, leaving nothing but dirt in their wake...

But uh... it's cool that you want to add Tau to your group, you're right when you say it could use a little variety!

Edited by Rainblow Hash
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Too many Imperials for a tendril of your puny Hive Fleet to deal with you mean, you mangled monstrosity of flesh and chitin...

God I love the 40k-verse. :lol: I am disappointed with the new member though, he doesn't care about the lore as much as we do and doesn't get the universe. One of his main gripes was "Why is everyone using swords?" and we were like "Dude, it's 40k, it doesn't have to make sense." :lol:

Edited by Archi the Sandworm
  • Brohoof 1

I used to be really into Warhammer 40k, used to switch between different factions/races all the time, I believe I started off as Tyranids, moved onto orc, eldar, and daemon hunters but I just don't have the money for the models anymore :( so I gave all my stuff to my brother :P

Well, Funkii, if you want to play perhaps your brother can at least let you play with him?

And that's very much true, Archi, my Hive Fleet is far from ready to take on Imperial Scum. Definitely needs some work.

With the 40K universe, it's the fact that it melds hand-to-hand combat and ranged firepower very well that attracts me to it. Besides, I'd hope Space Marines kept some close-combat weapons nearby, especially with creatures like Tyranids who like to get all up in their grill and stuff. Besides, freaking lightning claws, giant power hammers, swords crackling with arcane magic... how can someone honestly not get what's so awesome about that?!

I am disappointed with the new member though, he doesn't care about the lore as much as we do and doesn't get the universe.

Whaaaaat?! But Fluffhammer is awesome! That's what makes the game so much fun. Take the Space Marine videogame for example, it could have been a crappy generic shooter, but put it in the 40k universe and suddenly it's awesome enough for me to have bought it.

Sure, Mathammer is fun too, but the true flavor comes from the story.

Whaaaaat?! But Fluffhammer is awesome! That's what makes the game so much fun. Take the Space Marine videogame for example, it could have been a crappy generic shooter, but put it in the 40k universe and suddenly it's awesome enough for me to have bought it.

Sure, Mathammer is fun too, but the true flavor comes from the story.

Exactly, I'm still trying to get him to see how awesome the Grimdarkness is but progress is slow. But I'll indoctrinate him eventually, you'll see. ph34r.png

Let's celebrate the new Tau release with this awesome music, which I now declare to be the official unofficial Tau Empire theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlYMg99N7R4

Seriously, feast your ears on this, it's wonderful.

And since we're on the subject, what songs/music do you guys think would make the best themes for the races of 40k?

Added to music Playlist, ripped to an MP3 and added to the Wathammer playlist I play at the hobby store I frequent. ;D 

More or less this: I'm planning on converting my characters and squatleaders to eldarfied versions of MLP characters (currently trying out Gilda as a Sybarith for my Scourges).

Does like! By far the best Space Faries ive seen concepts of (actually, teh only Space Faries i wouldn't table just so I dont have to see em anymore ;)

Out of curiousity I looked up the new rules and stuff... whoa, what the hell happened to Orks?

It seems like everyone wants Shootas instead of Slugga + Choppa these days. I wouldn't even have considered that back in 3rd Edition when any boy with a choppa could easily wound terminators (maximum armor save against choppa used to be 4+, for anyone...) and a mob would destroy almost anything they got into close combat with...

Out of curiousity I looked up the new rules and stuff... whoa, what the hell happened to Orks?

It seems like everyone wants Shootas instead of Slugga + Choppa these days. I wouldn't even have considered that back in 3rd Edition when any boy with a choppa could easily wound terminators (maximum armor save against choppa used to be 4+, for anyone...) and a mob would destroy almost anything they got into close combat with...

Dem poor Orks, the gits be gettin' betta armor so theira choppas dun't work 'gainst em no moar!

Anywho, there have been a lot of major rule changes that I've noticed as well. I've only recently started playing, but I've been into Warhammer for a while now and have kept up with the rules. Tyranids have really taken a hit when it comes to Carnifexes apparently, although I don't have any so I don't know how that actually plays out. And Pyrovores suck, but everypony knew that from the beginning.

• 1 month later...

I've known many people (including myself) that are bronies who like the warhammer table top game (incase you don't know go to gamesworkshop.com) it seems to me that there may be a connection in some weird way there are also a lot of mlp crossover to warhammer as my profile pic shows, so just tell me if you have played it or a fan of it yourself!

I've played as Chaos for quite a while now, I love it.

I have over two thousand pieces in my basement all painted, I'll take a picture sometime.

I love the game and must say I got into the table top from the novels, and then from the table top to the actual vidya which I might say that I love soooo much.

War Hammer is the best thing ever, Top races are Chaos, Ork then Tau.

(edited)

I've known Warhammer's tabletop variant for quite some time, but I know the series more so through its vidya gaems and lovely SPESS MAHREEN parodies. I have been tempted to go into the shop and get myself some Dreadnought's to paint but the prices make me cringe. 

Have to say though, Space Marine was a satisfying game in both the single and multiplayer aspect. It was one of the few repetitive games where I felt as though Titus' attacks, gear and animations were done properly to emphasize just how powerful ultra marines were in that universe. Unfortunately, I'm worried about a proper sequel due to the financial collapse of THQ and Relic Entertainment. This was one of the few Warhammer games I played that actually felt satisfying overall and could easily have a successful followup. 

Edited by Accellerant

• 3 months later...

I'm recently new to warhammer40k, with just learning how to play about 3-4 months ago and i really like the tau as well as the necrons, I also like the chaos space marineswhich one is better in your opinion and which army do you like?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/landingArmy.jsp?catId=cat440178a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/landingArmy.jsp?catId=cat700019a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

, just letting you know that I've merged your thread with one that we already had for discussing Warhammer 40k. In the future, please make a quick search before making a topic to ensure that you aren't making a duplicate.

There's just to many to keep up to play them.

However, the game play and experience in Warhammer 40K Space marines was actually a great game that I enjoyed.

Have you played the Dawn of war series? My friend (who introduced me to warhammer) told me about it. and i really like the series. I'm going to do a walkthrough on youtube.

• Brohoof 1

Have you played the Dawn of war series? My friend (who introduced me to warhammer) told me about it. and i really like the series. I'm going to do a walkthrough on youtube.

Sounds intriguing!

Is it like space marines? With the game play and all? Because it does sound promising.

Let me know more about it. :wacko:  

Sounds intriguing!

Is it like space marines? With the game play and all? Because it does sound promising.

Let me know more about it. :wacko:  

It's an strategy RPG game. It's really cool. It introduced me to the whole warhammer cult. it doesn't show all the armies only 6 (Tyranids,Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Imperials, and lastly Orks)

have you ever played a Civilation game? it's kinda looks like that but more, warhammer like.

I "bought it" and i really enjoy it.

I want another one with all the armies.

I have never had the pleasure of playing the Table top war game unfortunately. I have always wanted to but never had the money to put together a proper army. I love the universe and lore though and I have played a table top RPG set in it (Black Crusade). One day I'm hoping to put together an army of Chaos Space Marines :D