Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The average scientific literacy rates of MLPF

Arctic Night

Scientific literacy survey...  

152 users have voted

1. 1. How many questions did you answer correctly? (Link to quiz is provided.)

9/13. I'm stupider than most of you, as I suspected.

I don't really think that's fair judgement. A lower result may signify ignorance (not stupidity, ignorance) in specific areas and not necessarily low intelligence. For all we know, you are the most intelligent user, you just forgot some science lessons.

• Brohoof 5

9/13. I'm stupider than most of you, as I suspected.

Nah, its a science literacy test and even though some of this you can reason out, there are a few questions that you would need to just know the answer. For example some may pick O2 as the most common atmospheric gas. While it would be wrong, it isn't at all an indicator of intelligence.

I got 13/13. But I'm a nerd.

No, I'm not just saying that. I really am a nerd. I'm a sophomore in college studying engineering. It would be utterly embarrassing if I didn't know such basic scientific facts.

• Brohoof 3

Nah, its a science literacy test and even though some of this you can reason out, there are a few questions that you would need to just know the answer. For example some may pick O2 as the most common atmospheric gas. While it would be wrong, it isn't at all an indicator of intelligence.

CO2 Is also a reasonable thing to have put there because emissions, people, and animals.  Also plants need it. 

Without having the foreknowledge it's impossible to guess.  Blame your Twilight clone teachers.  You just needed to fly when you learned and have the whole city participate in teaching you.  Easy peasy!

I am incredibly pleased with the results so far!  :D  Maybe we will improve the pewresearch score as well.

And again, don't take the results too seriously. Clearly the questions were selected quite randomly.

• Brohoof 1

There's the possibility that some of the members cheated and used the magic machine we call Google.

I got 11/13 myself—guessed on two of those, though... heheh.

I didn't use google. A majority of this is just common knowledge.

• Brohoof 2

12/13, and that's because I second guessed myself on something I knew.  It's a lot better than I was expecting... science isn't my strongest subject, so I'm pleased.

CO2 Is also a reasonable thing to have put there because emissions, people, and animals.  Also plants need it. 

Without having the foreknowledge it's impossible to guess.  Blame your Twilight clone teachers.  You just needed to fly when you learned and have the whole city participate in teaching you.  Easy peasy!

Co2 is what I picked. Was it Nitrogen? I thought it might be that.

Anyway, I got 12. Looks like we got some smart cookies in this here forums

post-26748-0-95559900-1405569017_thumb.jpg

(edited)

Yah, I'm actually surprised that I got a 13/13.  Though, I am 19 and most of these things are still fresh in my mind from high school.  I guess my science teachers did their job, lol.

Hey OP, you should totally find some more tests like these, I actually found it fun to take.

I guess that I shouldn't have been surprised, though, since I got a 4.01 GPA (out of 4) in high school. I'm a nerd, I'll admit it haha.

Edited by Miles
  • Brohoof 1

12/13 Well, now I know something about fracking.

I knew about it for more than one reason.  One because of science class... but I actually knew about it before then, because, Two, I'm a gearhead (I know alot about cars) and thus, fracking, because of GTL [natural] gas-to-liquid base stocks in motor oil.

10 out of 13

Apparently not the wizard most of us are, but I surprised myself nonetheless. Done Bill and Tyson proud I have.  -_-

Although my favorite modern scientists will always be Michio Kaku and Ray Kurzweil.

dr-michio-kaku.jpg

I mean look at him! He's the very image of a good guy mad scientist!  ^_^

I don't really think that's fair judgement. A lower result may signify ignorance (not stupidity, ignorance) in specific areas and not necessarily low intelligence. For all we know, you are the most intelligent user, you just forgot some science lessons.

Amen to that. Not everyone's knowledge lies in science, but that doesn't mean they are unintelligent.

There's the possibility that some of the members cheated and used the magic machine we call Google.

I got 11/13 myself—guessed on two of those, though... heheh.

I got 13/13 without cheating in any way shape or form.

TEST_score.jpg

• Brohoof 2

10/13 :D

img-2858590-1-YZFWCV8.png

Not too shabby, since Science is far from my strong suite :D

Same :D

Science isn't exactly a strong point of mine either :D