Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The average scientific literacy rates of MLPF

Arctic Night

Scientific literacy survey...  

152 users have voted

1. 1. How many questions did you answer correctly? (Link to quiz is provided.)

got 12/13, probably failed on the "fracking" question, oh well, I study Biology as a A-level so a lot of this does not have a use for me

Still, this 16 year old brit did better than 85% of the general public.

• Brohoof 1

I got 13/13, but I really should have gotten 12/13 because I had to guess for one of them and happened to get it right. I'll talk about the question in a spoiler so if you haven't read the quiz yet, don't open the spoiler

It was the last question about 'fracking'. I had no clue what that was. However, I reasoned that 'fracking' sounds a lot like 'fracturing', and if you fracture something, the only thing you could easily get from that is a gas trapped in whatever you're fracturing.

• Brohoof 1

Full marks for me. No guessing. Although I only knew the answer to the last one because it happened to be mentioned in the last book I read.

post-2257-0-87761200-1405590778_thumb.jpg

(edited)

13/13 is good :D

Idk, was fun quiz

Also got 13/13, but it's probably because I'm still in my high school years. You lose some of your knowledge when you grow up if you don't use it very much.  ;)

Edited by Original Suri

12/13 , not bad ... not bad. Seems like most people here have good scientific knowledge.

• Brohoof 1

I got 8/13 but compared to the people here I feel dumb :/

Is the fact that I'm just starting HS count as a good excuse?

Probably not, but might as well try!

Don't worry, a few of the stuff you'll probably need to wait until high school to learn about. 

(edited)

Not sure I credit the single vote that states that they got ZERO right. 

Edited by Sunny Fox
  • Brohoof 1

Perfect score. I'm not even a scientist though, I'm pretty sure that's all fairly basic high school level science. I guess most people just forget the stuff they learned or make a slip up or two? I nearly messed up the chemical reaction one actually.

I got 12/13. Though to be perfectly honest, it should actually be 11/13 because the last question was the only one I wasn't sure about, so I took a wild guess and just managed to be lucky enough to get it right.

13/13 but I pursue scientific studies.

I have no idea why, but I read that so deadpan that I had this flash in my mind.

O-o

297k.jpg